My "situation"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:09:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My "situation"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: My "situation"  (Read 3475 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »

As a play from KP's thread from last Dec.

I'm in a very similar situation.

There's this girl in my history class. She sits normally one  or two rows in front of me in class and its quite challenging to talk to her since she always sits with two or three of her sorority sisters in a row and always walks out with them.

She has talked to me once about the content of the midterm about Achamenid Persia and Ptolmeic Egypt but not since. So apart from a short 1 minute convo and her first name, is where I'm at.

How can I approach her?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:04:50 PM »

Looking back on my stupidity, I should have picked up on the midterm question. Unfortunately for you, like me, that is in the past so you can't really bring that up again. Maybe you can ask how she did on the midterm.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »

Construct an elaborate lie involving teddy bears... chicks dig teddy bears.

Or, failing that, what Phil said.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 02:38:50 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2009, 02:41:26 PM by phknrocket1k »

I'm thinking of perhaps waiting till the Final Exam and waiting outside and to start talking to people post-exam but that seems a bit too risky and too late and it seems like we run in different circles. I'v only seen her twice outside of class and that was at our on-campus convenience store.

But it shouldn't be unprecedented since she did ask me about the midterm.

In fact, I would even be satisfied with being her friend at this point and I'd even be pleased if she used me for information on my strong suits in history like Sassanian Persia.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »

You can just complain about class with her.  Most people don't find it weird to lament with people they don't know well if they're all in the same boat Smiley  Or, you can hope you do a group project together. 

The bad part about waiting until the final exam to talk to her is that you probably won't be seeing her all summer.  You'll still have no relationship with her when you come back in the fall.  If you start talking to her now, then she might consider you a friend by the following school year. Smiley

I hope this helps! Smiley

Oh, and not all chicks like teddy bears Tongue

Rin-chan
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 02:52:35 PM »

If any body's wondering any ethnicity. I honestly have no idea. I think Mediterranean or Persian.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »

Foghorns are good for getting people's attention.

[/unserious post]
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »

We should just get a "Relationship Advice" child board.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 04:26:11 PM »

By the way, how do you pronounce "Achaemenid?"  I always do, "ack-AY-men-id."
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »

By the way, how do you pronounce "Achaemenid?"  I always do, "ack-AY-men-id."

My teacher says Ack-a-meen-id.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »

You can just complain about class with her.  Most people don't find it weird to lament with people they don't know well if they're all in the same boat Smiley  Or, you can hope you do a group project together. 

The bad part about waiting until the final exam to talk to her is that you probably won't be seeing her all summer.  You'll still have no relationship with her when you come back in the fall.  If you start talking to her now, then she might consider you a friend by the following school year. Smiley

Rin-chan

Good advice except for the "friends" part.  I'll add you want to declare your intent.. well right then.  You do not want to enter the pussy "friend zone".  That means NO BUTT!  If she says no, becoming her "friend first" wouldn't make a damn difference.

I and other guys on this Forum are probably not the most "studly" of men in this world.  Seek different opinions. 
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »

Women (usually) like confidence. Best bet is to be forthright and come right up and ask her one day after class. Even if she says no, you're no worse off than you are now. If she laughs at you and makes you feel like crap, then at least you know she wasn't worth your time and it's her loss.

I know, easy to say, hard to do.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 06:55:57 PM »

Why don't you just introduce yourself to her more formally and then try to talk to her more often?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »

Be a jerk. Girls love guys who are assholes. Not only that, they like money. Flash some hundreds in her face and complain about how your trust fund is down. Girls like security. They want a guy who can provide for her and her future kids. Don't be a pussy and try to be nice and sit back and wait till the other asshole gets her. You'll be sitting at home alone on Friday while the jerk in the back is banging her.

Good luck!
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »

Be a jerk. Girls love guys who are assholes. Not only that, they like money. Flash some hundreds in her face and complain about how your trust fund is down. Girls like security. They want a guy who can provide for her and her future kids. Don't be a pussy and try to be nice and sit back and wait till the other asshole gets her. You'll be sitting at home alone on Friday while the jerk in the back is banging her.

Good luck!

Reminds me of my friend who suggested I wear a suit and a tie and lie about a job interview. Lol.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 09:06:31 PM »

Women (usually) like confidence. Best bet is to be forthright and come right up and ask her one day after class. Even if she says no, you're no worse off than you are now. If she laughs at you and makes you feel like crap, then at least you know she wasn't worth your time and it's her loss.

We are different ages than most of these youngsters.  I don't know about you, but I felt I got FAR more aggressive as i got older.  I looked at my 1st driver's license the other day and said.. sh**t if only I dressed better, had a different haircut, more confident, etc.  Best part is I was in far better shape as well and my hair wasn't thinning like it is now. 

rocket, don't worry about someone being "too hot" for you.  I've been turned down by some women I didn't think were much and had a decent time with women I thought were fairly attractive.  At this point I could care less about the weight thing because I've met some women in decent shape, decent looking with sh**tty self-esteems and fat bitchy women with a diva complex that thought they were the sh**t and got with in-shape good looking guys.  Confidence works both ways I find.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 09:25:18 PM »

Rin-chan

Good advice except for the "friends" part.  I'll add you want to declare your intent.. well right then.  You do not want to enter the pussy "friend zone".  That means NO BUTT!  If she says no, becoming her "friend first" wouldn't make a damn difference.

I and other guys on this Forum are probably not the most "studly" of men in this world.  Seek different opinions. 

lol  By "friends", I meant "know you exist" lol  But yeah, friend zones do exist.  Though I will say this:  The closer I get to a guy friend of mine, the more attractive they become to me.  So.... I'd say that the friend-zone isn't the end-all-be-all Smiley  Though, I usually find out they're jerks in the dating arena or are too perverted for my tastes. Oh, well. Tongue

Rin-chan
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »

Good luck!

This would be funny if it was actually meant to be such....

There's a big difference between being confident and being a jerk. Girls who like genuine jerks aren't worth having.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 09:34:44 PM »

We are different ages than most of these youngsters.  I don't know about you, but I felt I got FAR more aggressive as i got older.  I looked at my 1st driver's license the other day and said.. sh**t if only I dressed better, had a different haircut, more confident, etc.  Best part is I was in far better shape as well and my hair wasn't thinning like it is now. 

rocket, don't worry about someone being "too hot" for you.  I've been turned down by some women I didn't think were much and had a decent time with women I thought were fairly attractive.  At this point I could care less about the weight thing because I've met some women in decent shape, decent looking with sh**tty self-esteems and fat bitchy women with a diva complex that thought they were the sh**t and got with in-shape good looking guys.  Confidence works both ways I find.

Yeah, that's very true. I've found confidence to go a long way. I've certainly become much so as I've gotten older; I was horrible about it in my teens and early 20's.

I have no problem getting women, just not the ones (or should I say one) I want to get. And I'm not talking about physically, either....
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »

Good luck!

This would be funny if it was actually meant to be such....

There's a big difference between being confident and being a jerk. Girls who like genuine jerks aren't worth having.

Well, obviously it all depends on the type of girl. My post was semi in jest, but a lot of girls I've been with in the past have been because of some of the things mentioned in my post. It depends on what type of girls you go for. I love the southern sorority/preppy types who wear pearl earrings and always call daddy each week and live to shop and do other silly girl things like that. They are drawn more to the jerk type of guys who look/dress like them. They tend to be prejudice against a lot of people. I don't know what the girl he's going after is like. Different things work with different girls. I tend to avoid the ones that like nice guys and want to talk about books and crap like that.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 09:41:34 PM »

HAHAHAHA

yeah Duke makes a good point. Describe her. How does she dress? it tells a lot about a girl.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »

HAHAHAHA

yeah Duke makes a good point. Describe her. How does she dress? it tells a lot about a girl.

Dress wise in terms of class she's actually surprisingly quite modest given how attractive I think she is.

She never bears off her arms, never any cleavage and only wears shorts or a skirt if the temperature is over 80F, which has been only once since this year started.

In fact if she ever wears a sleeveless top she'll be sure to wear a sweater or something over it.

Than again this might mean she already has a boyfriend.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 12:22:32 AM »

She never bears off her arms, never any cleavage and only wears shorts or a skirt if the temperature is over 80F, which has been only once since this year started.

Say what?  You monitor the temperature and compare it with her dress, and you've only talked to her once?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 12:33:27 AM »

HAHAHAHA

Dress wise in terms of class she's actually surprisingly quite modest given how attractive I think she is.

In fact if she ever wears a sleeveless top she'll be sure to wear a sweater or something over it.

Say what? She doesn't dress to impress? Move along, my friend. There are greener pastures!
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 01:52:20 AM »

HAHAHAHA

Say what? She doesn't dress to impress? Move along, my friend. There are greener pastures!

I'm sure she isn't Muslim either. But I shall give it a shot. I described her in class, she might be different outside.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies