NJ-Rasmussen: Christie by 15
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:22:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-Rasmussen: Christie by 15
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: NJ-Rasmussen: Christie by 15  (Read 15809 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 12:57:22 AM »

With this, I think we can safely put an 'R' next to Rasmutant.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 01:11:53 AM »

With this, I think we can safely put an 'R' next to Rasmutant.

This poll is consistent with the two recent others, when you figure that, unlike the others, it was taken after Governor Corzine announced he wanted to raise taxes on the middle class by taking away their property tax deductions.  Middle class tax hikes are the third rail of Jersey politics.  Florio got tossed out in part because of his tax on toilet paper.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 01:13:23 AM »

This poll is consistent with the two recent others, when you figure that, unlike the others, it was taken after Governor Corzine announced he wanted to raise taxes on the middle class by taking away their property tax deductions.  Middle class tax hikes are the third rail of Jersey politics.  Florio got tossed out in part because of his tax on toilet paper.

I thought Florio got tossed out because that right-wing FM talk station in Trenton hated him so much.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 01:31:06 AM »

The Democrats in New Jersey are awful and the governor of New Jersey, whether s/he is a Republican or a Democrat, is of no concern to me. Go ahead and beat Corzine
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 01:39:51 AM »

I thought Florio got tossed out because that right-wing FM talk station in Trenton hated him so much.

I doubt one radio station really has that much power - but even that station got worked up about  Florio's tax on toilet paper
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 05:14:50 AM »

This seems to good to be true, though I hope it keeps trending Christie.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »

By the way, wait until we start seeing these commercials...

"Meet Pro Life Bush appointee Chris Christie..."

The fifteen point lead shrinks to five then to three then to one...

Yeah because I'm sure people really care about life issues when their 401k's are disappearing.

Uh...I don't know how the Governor of New Jersey helps solve that problem but...

The next Governor is expected to appoint two or three new Supreme Court justices. Abortion will definitely be an issue and as we know with NJ voters, they'll fall for any type of distraction from "real" issues.

That's whats wrong with the GOP. The economy is in shambles and yet you are busy talking about abortion.

Uh? I'm saying that the Dems will shape the debate about abortion, not us. The Supreme Court vacancies will force the GOP candidates into saying that they're Pro Life (like they already have done).

And, just a newsflash, but talking about the economy is one thing. The Governor doesn't control 401k's, pal. That's all I was saying.

That was just an example I used. I could have easily said "while their taxes are going through the roof" or "they can't pay their mortgage."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »

Yeah because I'm sure people really care about life issues when their 401k's are disappearing.

Uh...I don't know how the Governor of New Jersey helps solve that problem but...

The next Governor is expected to appoint two or three new Supreme Court justices. Abortion will definitely be an issue and as we know with NJ voters, they'll fall for any type of distraction from "real" issues.

That's whats wrong with the GOP. The economy is in shambles and yet you are busy talking about abortion.

Uh? I'm saying that the Dems will shape the debate about abortion, not us. The Supreme Court vacancies will force the GOP candidates into saying that they're Pro Life (like they already have done).

And, just a newsflash, but talking about the economy is one thing. The Governor doesn't control 401k's, pal. That's all I was saying.

That was just an example I used. I could have easily said "while their taxes are going through the roof" or "they can't pay their mortgage."

Ok but the point remains that it isn't the fault of NJ Republicans. They're not harping on the issue, believe me. Corzine and the Dems love bringing it up when they're losing on the other issues to remind voters why they should vote against the GOP. It will definitely be brought up with so many Supreme Court appointments to be made within the next four years.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »

...is Christie pro life?  I honestly haven't heard anything about his position on the issue.

Then again, I doubt you'd see that commercial.  Attacking someone for being pro-life like that doesn't have much impact.  It worked terribly for the last few Democrats to try it.  The polls will show that people don't care about much of anything but the economy.

I doubt one radio station really has that much power - but even that station got worked up about  Florio's tax on toilet paper

NJ 101.5 played a part, but the truth is, the NRA played a much larger part in getting Republicans elected.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »

...is Christie pro life?  I honestly haven't heard anything about his position on the issue.

Yes, he is and made no qualms with saying as much in a recent Gubernatorial candidates forum.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You honestly don't think that the fact that up to four Supreme Court seats might be vacant will be an issue?

I've come to realize that NJ voters look for any reason to oppose Republicans. Christie is Pro Life and a Bush appointee. Those ads will be run. There is no way that Corzine lets that slide. I think that he'll use it anyway but if we're a few weeks out and Corzine is still trailing, watch how ugly it will get. Corzine had no problem calling Doug Forrester "Bush's Choice." He's salivating at the chance to call Christie "Bush's Bitch." You watch.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 08:10:24 PM »

Chances Corzine is NOT the Democrat on the ballot in November?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »

50-50 if you ask me
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 01:27:28 AM »

Hope?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 10:12:38 AM »

Let us hope this keeps up and that there isn't another Dem running in the race come election day.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 04:27:19 PM »

It is very worthwhile to note here that Christie has said he wouldn't accept stimulus funds from the U.S. Government, which would presumably play very poorly in New Jersey.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »

I don't see why. Less and less people across the country are liking this Obama Stimulus.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

I don't see why. Less and less people across the country are liking this Obama Stimulus.

What country you live again?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »

United States
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 05:58:11 PM »

Of Mexico or Brazil?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »

His position is more nuanced than "I don't want any stimulus dollars."
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

Why does NJ not like Corzine?  What has he done that is so wrong?  I don't get it.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 08:11:38 PM »

Why does NJ not like Corzine?  What has he done that is so wrong?  I don't get it.

You obviously don't live here, lol. Highest property taxes in the nation, raised the sales tax, tried to sell our highways to foreign countries, etc, etc, etc.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »

You obviously don't live here, lol. Highest property taxes in the nation, raised the sales tax, tried to sell our highways to foreign countries, etc, etc, etc.

And will those things change if you have a Republican governor?  I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm just curious.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 09:54:35 PM »

And will those things change if you have a Republican governor?  I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm just curious.

I don't think a Republican governor would propose eliminating the property tax rebate for middle class homeowners, like Corzine did.  He'd cut the Trenton bureaucracy first.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 10:34:25 PM »

I don't think a Republican governor would propose eliminating the property tax rebate for middle class homeowners, like Corzine did.  He'd cut the Trenton bureaucracy first.

So it's the promise of small government and fewer taxes?  As if Christie's appointer ever lived up to that promise...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies