Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 04:12:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Opinion of the Dresden Bombings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Opinion of the Dresden Bombings  (Read 12554 times)
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2009, 09:09:13 am »
Ignore

You have to understand that for Russians this photograph symbolises the victory over the greatest theat that Russia ever faced, achieved at terrible cost and after the country suffered horrible destruction. I'm not saying that it is the correct attitude, but one must not forget about the historical significance of the picture.

Russia deserved everything it got as well. I feel no sympathy for either the Nazis or Soviets.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2009, 10:39:12 am »
Ignore

You have to understand that for Russians this photograph symbolises the victory over the greatest theat that Russia ever faced, achieved at terrible cost and after the country suffered horrible destruction. I'm not saying that it is the correct attitude, but one must not forget about the historical significance of the picture.

Russia deserved everything it got as well. I feel no sympathy for either the Nazis or Soviets.
They deserved to have their country destroyed without provocation and to incur 10 million civilian casualties?

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2009, 10:43:06 am »
Ignore

They deserved to have their country destroyed without provocation and to incur 10 million civilian casualties?

Yes, of course!

They were communists! Like our new American President OSAMA! Godless and.....ummmmmmmmm.....vodka drinking bastards.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:16 am »
Ignore

You really are a sorry excuse for a human being.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Moderators
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2009, 12:13:17 pm »
Ignore

Funny, I fail to note the resemblance between this photo and that one.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 12:15:24 pm by Supersoulty »Logged

GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2009, 12:32:27 pm »
Ignore

Funny, I fail to note the resemblance between this photo and that one.
Funny, I didn't know that this was Stalin's idea.

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »
Ignore

Bah....Don't be ridiculous, Supersoulty.  Stalin kept Hitler from turning Russia (and perhaps the greater part of the world) into an absolute ruin.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2009, 04:55:16 pm »
Ignore

Bah....Don't be ridiculous, Supersoulty.  Stalin kept Hitler from turning Russia (and perhaps the greater part of the world) into an absolute ruin.

Really? All by himself? (Insert Bertolt Brecht poetry here).

Keith R Laws ‏@Keith_Laws  Feb 4
As I have noted before 'paradigm shift' is an anagram of 'grasp dim faith'

Earth
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2009, 08:32:21 pm »
Ignore

I view it as a war crime.

Wealth comes mostly from two sources in Western countries - either being very good at something people are willing to pay for or by working hard at becoming wealthy...
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2009, 09:21:14 pm »
Ignore

LOL. Stalin was a mass murderer as well. Still a Soviet apologist I see.
Earth
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2009, 12:57:49 am »
Ignore

And yet it wasn't mass murderers that were killed. I guess it's justifiable if it "hurt" Stalin.

Wealth comes mostly from two sources in Western countries - either being very good at something people are willing to pay for or by working hard at becoming wealthy...
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2009, 01:03:08 am »
Ignore

And yet it wasn't mass murderers that were killed. I guess it's justifiable if it "hurt" Stalin.

Under your premise killing German soldiers would have been wrong as well.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2009, 02:07:52 am »
Ignore

The Dresden Holocaust is one the worst but least well known atrocities that has been suppressed.

I DON'T SUPPORT ISRAEL'S RIGHT TO EXIST, I'M A HAMAS PALESTINIAN COMMIE LOVER LOL.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2009, 05:03:00 am »
Ignore

You know very well that Hitler attacked the Soviet Union not because Stalin was a murderer, but because he wanted to expand Germany's Lebensraum. Nor did Stalin give any cause for a German attack; he at least confined his mass murders to the Soviet Union and he did everyting possible to dissuade the Germans from attacking.
And if not being happy about the enormous destruction the Germans carried out in the Soviet Union makes me a Soviet apologist, then I'm a Soviet apologist and proud of it.

Under your premise killing German soldiers would have been wrong as well.
Killing soldiers and killing civilians are different things, though because they were led by a communist and were Russians, you probably regard their killing as a good thing. Despite your lack of sympathy about the Nazis, you approach them rather closely in sentiment.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:51:25 am by GMantis »Logged

??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2009, 08:42:14 am »
Ignore

GM, I do not regard the killing of Soviet civilians as a good thing. However, the Soviet Union should have been destroyed by the allies in the same way as Germany was destroyed. The USSR was just as guilty in many was as Nazi Germany of war atrocities. That's why I have little sympathy for the blood letting of the Soviet Army on the eastern front.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2009, 11:53:15 am »
Ignore

So basically StatesRights is saying:

-Stalin killed millions of people in the Soviet Union.
-Therefore when Hitler killed millions of people in the Soviet Union they deserved it.

Not following that.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2009, 11:59:41 am »
Ignore

You can't follow that? You need to take a break from the drinking my friend.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2009, 12:04:46 pm »
Ignore

You can't follow that? You need to take a break from the drinking my friend.

And you need to take a break and start behaving like a human.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"

??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2009, 12:07:24 pm »
Ignore

...and your signature is still wrong, btw.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2009, 02:12:48 pm »
Ignore

...and your signature is still wrong, btw.

And you're still not a human.
Go back to the gutter from which you came.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:47 am »
Ignore

There's a statue of Bomber Harris in London. One of these days I intend to do some serious damage to it.

Sad.

GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2009, 12:01:27 pm »
Ignore

There's a statue of Bomber Harris in London. One of these days I intend to do some serious damage to it.

Sad.
I don't see why killing a large amount of civilians and destroying large amounts of architectural landmarks entitles you to having a statue.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout