Opinion of the Dresden Bombings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:17:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Opinion of the Dresden Bombings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of the Dresden Bombings  (Read 20511 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 14, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »

Yeah, it's called working.

As for the question, I basically echo GMantis' comments.

I'd reply further to your ridiculous "mental map", but unfortunately my lunch break doesn't offer me enough time to bring up all the counterexamples. I'll just say that if you look at my posting history you'll see I have been critical of many British actions in Ireland, the Black and Tans come up as a key example, and some things actually contradict this simplistic process, such as criticizing actions by both Israel and Hamas. And I have never said that any group of people should be "bombed into the Stone Age" as you did with the Serbs.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »

Sure the NATO bombing of Serbia hardly compares to Dresden and ranks pretty low on the list of war atrocities. But look at it from the Serbian prepsective. It was essentially NATO interverning on behalf of a terrorist insurgency and insult to injury to how they were treated before. Yeah the Serb atrocities in Bosnia were pretty horrific, something that you wouldn't find much denial of today there, outside of that fascist Radical party. However quite a double standard was held toward the other sides, Gotovina is one example listed above who is still beloved in Croatia and that the government never really made any attempt to apprehend or turn over, if the Serbs treated Ratko Mladic the same way they would rightfully be demonized up to mid-90s level. Hell it was actually the Serbian government that arrested Karadazic while the CIA gave him safe haven through the late 90s. Meanwhile Kosovo elects a terrorist and drug kingpin as their PM and the west gives his government unconditional support. Are people supposed to find that fair?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »

The Serbs should've "stopped"? So in other words pull out of Kosovo, let the Kosovo Liberation Army ethnically cleanse all the remaining Serbs live there, and then let the place become a kleptocracy and a haven for any drug lord and/or terrorist who wants to hang out?

Sorry they didn't see that as a great scenario.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »

So basically StatesRights is saying:

-Stalin killed millions of people in the Soviet Union.
-Therefore when Hitler killed millions of people in the Soviet Union they deserved it.

Not following that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies