Opinion of the Roman Catholic Church in regards to the Freemasons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:39:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Opinion of the Roman Catholic Church in regards to the Freemasons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Roman Catholic Church in regards to the Freemasons
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Opinion of the Roman Catholic Church in regards to the Freemasons  (Read 4326 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »

I'll give credit where it's due. This is one issue where the Catholic Church are uber-mega epic Freedom Fighters.

Saddam Hussein was also a huge Freedom Fighter on this issue interestingly enough. Freemasonry is true evil.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »

Specifically what have the Freemasons done to get your goat? It seems to me that someone who had civilians in his own country killed by chemical weapons would fit the definition of "true evil" better than a group which as far as I can tell hasn't really done anything coming close to that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »

I'm surprised that BRTD hates the Freemasons.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »

I'll give credit where it's due. This is one issue where the Catholic Church are uber-mega epic Freedom Fighters.

Saddam Hussein was also a huge Freedom Fighter on this issue interestingly enough. Freemasonry is true evil.

Mouhahaahah. That makes me laugh. I find it so, no offense, but, stupid!

Unless, you don't know what are masons, I don't see necessity to answer this.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »

I'm beginning to think that BRTD is actually little more than a computer generated program which has a couple of basic default settings and ideas built into it (HATE STRIP CLUBS FREEMASONS IRISH OPEBO.. you get the idea), it is set on random as to when and which of those settings and ideas be expressed.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 01:19:13 AM »

I'm not going to vote in this, because the majority of Catholics are rational, but...

I once had a religion teacher who told us of a worldwide Freemason conspiracy to infiltrate the Catholic Church and destroy it from the inside out.

She was nuts.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 09:01:59 AM »

I don't fully understand the deep-seeded anger people feel towards Freemasons.

You've either got an impressively warped sense of humour, or no sense of irony.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »

Screw the freemasons.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 02:14:41 AM »

I bet our Russian friend can't explain why he hates them either.

Sometimes my mind slips and I think all the idiots are on the far right, then I read threads like this and remember there are idiots of all political stripes.  Thank you BRTD.  Thank you Mr. Stoned.  Thank you to many of our Euro friends.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 06:15:45 AM »

I don't fully understand the deep-seeded anger people feel towards Freemasons.
You've either got an impressively warped sense of humour, or no sense of irony.

Haha, I should have been more careful with my wording.  I can understand why people a long time ago thought negatively of them, but their irrelevance today pretty much negates any real feelings of continued animosity.  Though I do find the reasons for hatred rather stupid regardless.

I don't think that anyone really hates them in the way that people used to, even if some of the sentiment is still around (example; IIRC Members of the Welsh Assembly who are Masons (I think there's only one) have to declare that they are on their register of interests. Anti-Mason sentiment in (South especially) Wales is a hangover from the first century of industrialisation; sort of like the way that newsagents in parts of the Valleys don't stock certain newspapers historically associated with industrialists).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 12:11:27 PM »

Sometimes my mind slips and I think all the idiots are on the far right, then I read threads like this and remember there are idiots of all political stripes.  Thank you BRTD.  Thank you Mr. Stoned.  Thank you to many of our Euro friends.

So are the Catholic Church idiots too?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 01:41:40 PM »

So are the Catholic Church idiots too?

Their initial reason is at least because the rules of the Freemasons contradicts their dogma - specifically that they believe the teaching of the Freemasons is that of a naturalistic deist religion, which obviously isn't in line with the whole Christian thing.

And again, I have to ask what exactly the Freemason's have done to earn your ire?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 02:20:10 PM »

The Iraq War for starters, though that's just their most recent and well-known atrocity. They've been a plague on the world for centuries
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2009, 03:02:28 PM by The Man Machine »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually that could be applied for alot of your posts recently, BRTD. Even more so than usual.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »

Laugh all you like, but I read some well-sourced info on Democratic Underground that the PNAC were all part of some Masonic order. In addition to control they wanted to eliminate one of their enemies (Saddam) and hoped to discredit the Catholic Church as one of their primary goals has always been destruction of it (Of course I doubt Protestants would fare much better under their regime considering the deistic sort of religion they want to replace it with.)
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »

Your welcome asshole.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »

Laugh all you like, but I read some well-sourced info on Democratic Underground that the PNAC were all part of some Masonic order.

Even supposing that they were, does that mean all or even most Masons are PNAC members? Basic logic BRTD - just because all X's are Y's, it does not follow that all Y's are X's. There are about five million Freemasons on the planet, and over three million of those aren't even US citizens. Why would they be involved with the PNAC?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In other words you have a nutty conspiracy theory without any hard evidence. Do you ever wonder why people think you're an idiot? Just because some nut in a DU forum posted a conspiracy theory doesn't mean you should believe him - and lots of conspiracy theories are "well documented", that doesn't make them true. Do you believe everything you read?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »

Laugh all you like, but I read some well-sourced info on Democratic Underground that the PNAC were all part of some Masonic order. In addition to control they wanted to eliminate one of their enemies (Saddam) and hoped to discredit the Catholic Church as one of their primary goals has always been destruction of it (Of course I doubt Protestants would fare much better under their regime considering the deistic sort of religion they want to replace it with.)

Laugh all you like, but this guy down the pub told me X, so OMG It must be true!!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »

Laugh all you like, but this guy down the pub told me X, so OMG It must be true!!

But it's well-sourced and establishes a weak correlation Sad
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »

But it's well-sourced and establishes a weak correlation Sad

Sorry to rain on your parade, Alcoun. Sad
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 11:06:28 PM »

Your welcome asshole.
I'm not the guy that believes in retarded conspiracy theories...but if it makes you feel better to insult instead of explain your idiocy, feel free to continue.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 12:19:40 AM »

Your welcome asshole.
I'm not the guy that believes in retarded conspiracy theories...but if it makes you feel better to insult instead of explain your idiocy, feel free to continue.

You're the one who started being a bitch first.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 12:24:34 AM »

Yes, we all know you don't know why you hate.  Maybe you could get BRTD to send you a link to something that would tell you what your opinion is?
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 12:31:32 AM »

Yes, we all know you don't know why you hate.  Maybe you could get BRTD to send you a link to something that would tell you what your opinion is?

I have my own opinions, thank you very much.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »

Why aren't the normal Catholic apologists attacking the Masons here as well?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies