Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:21:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread  (Read 5478 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: March 16, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »

I think anyone who wanted to nominate would have done so by now, but we might as well keep nominations open 24 hours and voting for 24 hours after that.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:26:57 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2009, 12:29:57 AM by Smid »

Verily, as I said in your other thread, congratulations! I'm very excited for you and your wife!

Congratulations Verily, that's amazing news. Smiley

Since Verily will be unable to hold and exercise the position, what are the other degates' opinion of Purple State holding the position?

While I thank you for the shout-out Marokai, I am not currently a delegate of this convention and it would take widespread consensus among the delegates for me to consider that (if it's even allowed).

When you posted yesterday about not being a delegate but wanting to contribute, I almost suggested that we nominate you for the position, however I'd already spoken in favour of Verily holding the position and thought it best to not be changing around. Since he's had some exciting news that will prevent him chairing the convention, I certainly would have no problem with you, as a non-delegate chairing us, assuming you're willing to make the time committment. Indeed, the fact that you don't hold a vote may actually assist in the chairmanship remaining impartial.

We need an active and articulate person dedicated to Atlasia and willing to have such a big workload.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Also as you said - there is nothing in the rules of procedure that would prevent us choosing PurpleState, but if delegates were uncomfortable with nominating a non-delegate, that would be the decision of the meeting.

While I'm in favour of PurpleState chairing us, I agree with Franzl that Afleitch would also be good. While I was thinking about Afleitch for chair, I realised that the delegates here are all active posters, most of whom understand procedure - so pretty much any delegate would be great to have in the role (I realised this when I thought that Lewis, Franzl and quiet-achiever Dead0man would be good in the role and tried to remember who else was elected as a delegate). So long as the chairman keep things flowing smoothly, I think any delegate would be a good chair and I think that PurpleState would be a good chair, Al would be a good chair... just about any active member (who wasn't elected delegate) with a knowledge of meeting procedure (to keep things flowing) would be a good chair.

So after my long and winding paragraph there, I'm very happy for the convention to invite PurpleState to chair our meeting - if that is the will of the delegates.

Pressing on (since this is a nominations/elections thread)... I'd like to second the nomination of PurpleState by Marokai.

I'd also be like to second Franzl's nomination of Afleitch if he agrees to the nomination. I'd accept a nomination if you put it, although I would still cast my vote for PurpleState.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies