Middle East Peace Act of 2009 (On the President's Desk) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:02:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Middle East Peace Act of 2009 (On the President's Desk) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Middle East Peace Act of 2009 (On the President's Desk)  (Read 16907 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: March 19, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »

Here's an amendment, offered as friendly:

Section 1 All aid to the nation of Israel shall be suspended until the withdrawal of all Israeli military from West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Section 2 If the nation of Israel withdraws from West bank and Gaza Strip, aid to the nation shall be recontinued if a majority of the Atlasian Senate approves.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 11:20:32 PM »

Here's an amendment, offered as friendly:

Section 1 All aid to the nation of Israel shall be suspended until the withdrawal of all Israeli military from West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Section 2 If the nation of Israel withdraws from West bank and Gaza Strip, aid to the nation shall be recontinued if a majority of the Atlasian Senate approves.

I'd support that if combined with the elimination of Sections 3, 4 and 5 of the original bill.

I thought that was assumed. Anyway, I could add a Section 3 to suspend all aid to the Palestinian Authority so long as violence is commited against Israelis.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:33:19 PM »

Nay
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:14:07 PM »

Israel has already withdrawn from Gaza. There are something like 300,000 or so (don't remember the number, but it's about that, give or take a 100,000) Israelis currently living in the West Bank territory. What happens to them?

Well, since most of that land was stolen from their original occupants, that should be transfered back to their original owners, if possible.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 06:17:45 PM »

The reason why I kept blocking this obsessive idiocy of yours is because you are an anti-semite using this fantasyland bill to get a nasty little thrill. And I don't approve of that.

I don't see how not supporting Israel is antisemitic.

Israel has already withdrawn from Gaza. There are something like 300,000 or so (don't remember the number, but it's about that, give or take a 100,000) Israelis currently living in the West Bank territory. What happens to them?

Well, since most of that land was stolen from their original occupants, that should be transfered back to their original owners, if possible.

"Transferred"? I think what would end up happening, in real life instead of wonderful fantasy where Israel and Palestine happily give in to our demands, is that lots and lots of people would end up killing each other. Getting 8,000 settlers out of Gaza a few years ago was hard enough, but half a million out of the West Bank? Good luck with that.

I know a lot of you want to stop spending money aiding the people of Israel and Palestine, but I'd have a lot more respect for that position if you actually presented a simple "All aid is cut off to both countries forever" bill. It would never pass, of course, but at least you wouldn't be hiding your true intentions. As is, neither Palestine nor Israel will agree to any of this, and this bill will merely back-door your anti-aid/anti-support policies into Atlasian foreign policy.

One could say the same thing about the impossibility of emapcipating 3,000,000 slaves, but that is no reason to not seek abolitionism.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »

The reason why I kept blocking this obsessive idiocy of yours is because you are an anti-semite using this fantasyland bill to get a nasty little thrill. And I don't approve of that.

I don't see how not supporting Israel is antisemitic.

"Transferred"? I think what would end up happening, in real life instead of wonderful fantasy where Israel and Palestine happily give in to our demands, is that lots and lots of people would end up killing each other. Getting 8,000 settlers out of Gaza a few years ago was hard enough, but half a million out of the West Bank? Good luck with that.

I know a lot of you want to stop spending money aiding the people of Israel and Palestine, but I'd have a lot more respect for that position if you actually presented a simple "All aid is cut off to both countries forever" bill. It would never pass, of course, but at least you wouldn't be hiding your true intentions. As is, neither Palestine nor Israel will agree to any of this, and this bill will merely back-door your anti-aid/anti-support policies into Atlasian foreign policy.

One could say the same thing about the impossibility of emapcipating 3,000,000 slaves, but that is no reason to not seek abolitionism.

Are you comparing emancipating slaves to kicking Israeli settlers out of their homes?

Well, you phrase it as though they acquired those homes through legitimate means, rather than kicking out the Palestinians that lived there. But, that is irrelevent to this bill, since this had nothing to do with Israeli settlement.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »

The Israeli military isn't going to pull out of the West Bank and leave those settlements to defend themselves.

Well, if they don't, they're not going to receive any money for Atlasian taxpayers.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »

While I don't approve of foreign aid, it's still an improvement.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies