Middle East Peace Act of 2009 (On the President's Desk) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:53:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Middle East Peace Act of 2009 (On the President's Desk) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Middle East Peace Act of 2009 (On the President's Desk)  (Read 16891 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 19, 2009, 05:04:35 PM »

Naturally, I urge all Senators to reject this legislation, in its entirety.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »

I urge all Senators to vote against this Bill. 
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »

We seem to be making it much easier for Palestine to receive aid than for Israel.  Second, we should not be making decisions for Israel relating to the blockade; telling them what is acceptable is not good.  Regarding Palestinian tolerance/support of attacks on Israel, it is very easy for them to support and help such measures without us knowing.  Increasing aid to Palestine without increasing it for israel should not be done, either.  We need to be tougher on Palestine, if they're going to receive our aid.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 04:40:35 PM »

I don't see the conditions are being equal.  Palestine only needs to change its rhetoric to receive funding, which increases by 5% each year.  Israel needs to give up its national security decisions to Atlasia, in order to receive a static amount of funding.  These are not equal requirements.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »

I have a late idea. Could the Palestinian aid also be conditional on the Palestinian government, whatever it is defined to be (judging by section 5, they'll likely settle on the Fatah as the government), preventing by any means necessary local non-governmental parties and terrorist groupings from attacks on Israeli soil?

That would assuage some of my concerns, although I'd still rather the whole thing just be voted down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies