Bush is doomed.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush is doomed.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bush is doomed.  (Read 3875 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

Kerry is winning this debate.  He looks and sounds more presidential than the President does.  Kerry is like a fish in water with these debates.  He sounds good and he will do even better in the next two after he gets his footing in this one.

Bush is doomed.  Whoever agreed to three debates with Kerry was a loon.

freedomburns
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 09:10:45 PM »

Kerry is winning this debate.  He looks and sounds more presidential than the President does.  Kerry is like a fish in water with these debates.  He sounds good and he will do even better in the next two after he gets his footing in this one.

Bush is doomed.  Whoever agreed to three debates with Kerry was a loon.

freedomburns

Both are horrible. IMHO Bush gets a D- and Kerry gets a D.  
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 09:15:39 PM »

It is after this when we notice why Republicrats want to keep third party candidates out of the debates. Most of them are so witty, personable, and charismatic, they'd appear to be pet rocks compared to them!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 09:41:27 PM »

Bush lost this debate and has probably lost a few points in the polls. This was supposed to be his best topic and he performed well below par. At the economic debates, Kerry needs to firm up his message even more. That's where Kerry shines and if he can beat Bush in Bush's best subject, he can be right back in the race.
mddem2004

Political Matrix
E: -6.38, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 10:21:12 PM »

Round 1 = KERRY hands down........

Kerry rocked Bush's world! Even the cable outlets are saying Bush was thumped. Bush looked shaken and visably angry at Kerry at times - Kerry was in his element, was calm, collected, consise, and articulate.

If this was Bush's strong suit....I pity the fool.......
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 05:26:24 AM »

I fell asleep during it (not because of the performance of either candidate, but because it started at 2 AM here in the UK). It didn't seem that there was any particular knock-out blow, from what I can tell after this debate things seem pretty much the way they were before. However I'd have expected this debate to be called for Bush, as according to the polls National Security is supposedly his strong point.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 05:40:05 AM »

Bush isn't doomed. This pushes the race from a clear Bush lead to a narrow Bush lead, but still a narrow Bush lead.

I think that Bush can win and still win.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 05:59:02 AM »

I'm surprised that more people haven't commented yet...didn't see the debate, but from what I hear Kerry won it clearly.

So now he might finally have a shot, will be interesting to see whether he can finally get back in the race, this is probably his last chance.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 08:32:58 AM »

I'm surprised that more people haven't commented yet...didn't see the debate, but from what I hear Kerry won it clearly.

So now he might finally have a shot, will be interesting to see whether he can finally get back in the race, this is probably his last chance.

I think we were expecting a lot more from each candidate.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 10:02:45 AM »

It is after this when we notice why Republicrats want to keep third party candidates out of the debates. Most of them are so witty, personable, and charismatic, they'd appear to be pet rocks compared to them!

I agree with this post.

Although my natural inclination is to support the Republican, Bush sounded so incoherent, and backed his positions so badly, that listening to him is like scraping my ears with a cheese grater.  I don't think I'm voting for him, and if he loses in November, the Republican party is better off without him.

Not that Kerry was any better.  THESE losers are the two most qualified people in the country to be President?  I may end up voting Badnarik after all - he didn't even need to show up at the debate to win it. Smiley
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 10:06:22 AM »

Did you watch the same debate that I did?  Kerry was attrocious.  My brother-in-law, a high school debate team star, could have defended Kerry's candidacy better than Kerry did last night.
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 10:12:30 AM »

Bush wasn't quick enough to paint Kerry with his waffling even in the debate.   Maybe his campaign will make an ad showing Kerry's comments from the debate--both backing the attack on Iraq, and then not backing it.  Within 90 minutes he held both positions at least twice.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 10:29:31 AM »

"Bush is doomed"? Not yet. Unfortunately.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 11:30:37 AM »

I don't remember a debate in the history since '60 which was as tough as this one. Kerry called Bush a liar right to his face. Nothing in the debate really surprised me. It was a repeat what the two have been saying all along.

And yet, it's still better than the 2000 debates, where Bush and Gore pretty much agreed on anything and everything.  What fun is that?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 11:45:14 AM »

I would have easily dominated either of them. Personally I would much rather debate Kerry than Bush, though...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 12:04:59 PM »

As to whether Bush is doomed, I couldn't say - but I was well pleased with Kerry in the debate last night and that was always going to be his toughest.

Dave

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 12:06:28 PM »

Kerry won by default because Bush forgot to bring his tongue with him!
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 09:19:29 PM »

I couldn't see it on TV. It started at 9 am on October 1st, in China. I did get to pick up a few minutes on Shortwave but then the signal went out. Can you tell me what the highlights of the debate were?
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 09:21:49 PM »

Kerry is a golden-tongued virtuoso of words compared to Bush.  He won the debate hands down, and he will almost certainly win the next two.  He compares very favorably with the President on a stage like that.  I think Bush is doomed.  I truly do.  The debates will do him in.

I just hope Edwards doesn’t drop the ball on Tuesday.  He is an untested rookie for this level of performance.  Cheney is the very picture of a bulldog waiting to chew him up into little bitty bite-sized nuggets of future prospective Vice Presidential candidate.

arf arf
khirkhib

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2004, 03:24:54 PM »

The expection game doesn't play well for Cheney either.  It could ge interesting.  What are they discussing?  What are your bets that they remove the lights  for the next presidential debate.  Bush went both short and had to keep stammering and then long and repeatedly got blinking lights.  I bet the Bush team asks that they be removed.
khirkhib

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2004, 08:13:20 PM »

Top ten Bush excuses for his poor debate performance:

Stage lighting got in his eyes and he couldn't see Karen Hughes' lips

Picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue

Boy, this debating stuff is hard work

Battery in microchip receiver implant ran out at the most inopportune time

Seemed a little tired from his hurricane relief work so Karl Rove switched his decaf for espresso and his sugar for crystal meth without telling him

Nobody told him there would be, like, actual questions and stuff

Talking point index cards got shuffled when he dropped them on his way to the podium and he couldn't find a thing

Relied on faulty intelligence saying Kerry was a girly-man who would run away at the first scowl

Laura forgot to tell the White House laundry light starch for his boxers

And the number one Bush excuse for his poor debate performance...
1. Strategy to trick Kerry into misunderestimating the master of low expectations backfired
shankbear

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2004, 09:20:19 PM »

11.  A lot of people are easily swayed by the hollow vacuum of LIBERAL ideolgy spewing from Kerry.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2004, 09:36:38 PM »

11.  A lot of people are easily swayed by the hollow vacuum of LIBERAL ideolgy spewing from Kerry.

Gole dang bear, you say that like it's a BAD thing.
shankbear

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2004, 10:25:21 PM »

It's simply an ideology of failure.  Lessened expectations.  Lessened acknowledgement of personal responsibility.  Doom and gloom.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2004, 01:03:13 AM »

I think you've got it all wrong there bud.  It is a phillosophy of progressivism, possiblity, forward thinking, communalism, socially conscious, conservation and personal freedom as well as personal responsibility.

Liberalism is the political philosophy that is sweeping the country.  The Republcians are going to find themselves in a very small minority in future years.  This is a very progressive country.  Americans all agree on progressive ideas in all the polls.

But it is the two party system that must really be fixed.   This is a power hungry and unfair system.  Let new voices be heard.  People like Nader and Cobb and Badnarik and Perot.

freedomburns
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies