DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:47:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWTL Region Shrinking Plan  (Read 22577 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: March 22, 2009, 07:54:05 PM »

Here are my solutions for three and four Region plans that divide the regiosn up relatively equally.

^^^the colors, not the thick lines and Region names, are what you're looking at here.

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »

Apparently my proposal is too radical to merit discussion, as per usual.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

Apparently my proposal is too radical to merit discussion, as per usual.

I support it above all others, although I have nothing further to add. But others have a romantic love for regions which cannot be explained by reason. Indeed, no one has yet offered a serious defense for the continuation of regions. If no one does so, I will make a big stink about it.

A good idea.  As my original desire for abolitionism has evidently failed, I am all for the complete and total abolition of regions now.  Honestly, people, they serve no purpose.

(though in this post I was referring more to my really weird-looking maps on the second page, which are "too different", I'm sure)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »

OK, I couldn't get the map to be more than 4 colors, but I present a 9 region plan, based on Afleitch's population map. The Northeast is split into 3 regions, which are not shown on the map. Two regions each share the colors blue and red, but they are not one region. Take only the contiguous regions. Alaska is part of Washington's region and Hawaii is part of CA's. The Southern gray area is one region, but can be split in two to make a 10th region if necessary. The Northeast could be split 4 ways instead of 3 to serve the same purpose.

3/4 of those regions would be inactive. There would be a whole lot of trouble to actually get one name on the ballot in every regional election in those regions.

People would move regions to make it so.

Trust me, there wouldn't be enough activity.  And you'd still have the problems that "regions don't matter".  Because they don't.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:44:51 PM »

OK, I couldn't get the map to be more than 4 colors, but I present a 9 region plan, based on Afleitch's population map. The Northeast is split into 3 regions, which are not shown on the map. Two regions each share the colors blue and red, but they are not one region. Take only the contiguous regions. Alaska is part of Washington's region and Hawaii is part of CA's. The Southern gray area is one region, but can be split in two to make a 10th region if necessary. The Northeast could be split 4 ways instead of 3 to serve the same purpose.

3/4 of those regions would be inactive. There would be a whole lot of trouble to actually get one name on the ballot in every regional election in those regions.

Trust me, there wouldn't be enough activity.  And you'd still have the problems that "regions don't matter".  Because they don't.

Maybe we should make the game as a coalition of many countries, like the EU, except with an elected leader.

A great idea, but nobody supports abolishing the national government.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »

Maybe we should make the game as a coalition of many countries, like the EU, except with an elected leader.

A great idea, but nobody supports abolishing the national government.

Who knows? Things change.

Not in Atlasia, sir, not in Atlasia Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »

"Great asset"?!

Look, you said it yourself: the people who are active in the regions are active in the national government.  What's the point in keeping regions, then, if regions have no actual purpose?  As it is right now, there's nothing that regions do that the national government doesn't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies