DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:44:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWTL Region Shrinking Plan  (Read 22552 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« on: March 30, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »

What about this one.

Red: 28
Green: 28
Blue: 27
Grey: 28
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »

So what if activity is not long-term? There is no "benefit" to abolishing the regions. Either you have intermittent flashes of regional activity or you abolish them and don't even have that.

If a region allows for even one new member to get excited about the game (and in my short time I can count at leas three already) then they are worthwhile.

I would have to agree with Purple State. I am new here, as we all know, and when I first came here if the Mideast didn't have a place where I could get involved I wouldn't have stuck around. Of course, if one of the plans that has a lower house is passed by the delegates then the only reason why regions are needed are for electing Senators and Governors.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2009, 11:05:22 AM by Devilman88 »

We could just split the country in half and have two big regions. Each region would have a head of Government and 3 to 5 Assembly members. The Assembly members would come up with bill and debate the bills, if passed then the bill would go to the head of Government and that person can sign/veto bills.

They would have alot of work to do to start off with, trying to come up with a constitutions for the new regions, name the regions and so on.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »

OK, I couldn't get the map to be more than 4 colors, but I present a 9 region plan, based on Afleitch's population map. The Northeast is split into 3 regions, which are not shown on the map. Two regions each share the colors blue and red, but they are not one region. Take only the contiguous regions. Alaska is part of Washington's region and Hawaii is part of CA's. The Southern gray area is one region, but can be split in two to make a 10th region if necessary. The Northeast could be split 4 ways instead of 3 to serve the same purpose.

The thing is there isn't alot of active members, I believe that the less regions we have the better off we are. It will be very hard to find someone active in all of them regions.

Now, If we had two or three region it would be better for the game. One you will have better elections because more people would be running also it will get parties to have primaries if the have more then one cadidate wanting to run. It would bring the game to a new level that we don't have right now.

Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 07:31:09 AM »

OK, I couldn't get the map to be more than 4 colors, but I present a 9 region plan, based on Afleitch's population map. The Northeast is split into 3 regions, which are not shown on the map. Two regions each share the colors blue and red, but they are not one region. Take only the contiguous regions. Alaska is part of Washington's region and Hawaii is part of CA's. The Southern gray area is one region, but can be split in two to make a 10th region if necessary. The Northeast could be split 4 ways instead of 3 to serve the same purpose.

The thing is there isn't alot of active members, I believe that the less regions we have the better off we are. It will be very hard to find someone active in all of them regions.

Now, If we had two or three region it would be better for the game. One you will have better elections because more people would be running also it will get parties to have primaries if the have more then one candidate wanting to run. It would bring the game to a new level that we don't have right now.

However, most active members would get a meaningful say in this system.

If the delegates vote on one of the plans that makes a lower house where every citizen is a member, active member would get a say.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies