Gay Marriage/Civil Unions in 10 years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:33:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay Marriage/Civil Unions in 10 years
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
Author Topic: Gay Marriage/Civil Unions in 10 years  (Read 67742 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 28, 2009, 02:04:36 AM »

It's been proven that a child raised in a father(man)/ mother (woman) household fairs better then one who's not.

Actually, fuck it, let's assume you're 350% right.

Let's assume a husband and a wife are the best solution for a hchild.

Gay people are not stealing children from married couples.  They're stealing them from ORPHANAGES
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #426 on: May 28, 2009, 02:07:36 AM »

It's been proven that a child raised in a father(man)/ mother (woman) household fairs better then one who's not.

Actually, fuck it, let's assume you're 350% right.

Let's assume a husband and a wife are the best solution for a hchild.

Gay people are not stealing children from married couples.  They're stealing them from ORPHANAGES

Thats nice, but its not the same.    Actually its worse then a biological single mother and child home.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #427 on: May 28, 2009, 02:09:38 AM »

So, you're saying two gay women would raise a kid worse than a single gay woman?

And we're comparing this to orphanages if you care what we're talking about.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #428 on: May 28, 2009, 02:15:46 AM »

So, you're saying two gay women would raise a kid worse than a single gay woman?

And we're comparing this to orphanages if you care what we're talking about.

LOL who ever said anything about the single mom being a lezbo?      I'm talking about the heterosexual mom with a child that's biological is better then some orphanaged child raised by two homosexual men or women.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #429 on: May 28, 2009, 02:16:47 AM »

A single mom's sexuality cannot be determined.  Especially if she is adopting a child by herself.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #430 on: May 28, 2009, 02:32:21 AM »

A single mom's sexuality cannot be determined.  Especially if she is adopting a child by herself.

OK...    But I'm comparing the mother who had a child and didn't marry the biological father.   AKA "the single parent home" as they call them.     You are saying that homosexuals can raise children just as good as the traditional mother/father home. I'm telling you NO they can't.

There is no replacement for the mother and father ran home.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #431 on: May 28, 2009, 03:19:01 AM »

As always, I'm sure everybody appreciates Mike Keller's brilliance.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #432 on: May 28, 2009, 03:21:34 AM »

Just another unfortunate reminder of how morally bankrupt the homophobes are on this issue.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #433 on: May 28, 2009, 03:38:26 AM »

OK...    But I'm comparing the mother who had a child and didn't marry the biological father.   AKA "the single parent home" as they call them.     You are saying that homosexuals can raise children just as good as the traditional mother/father home. I'm telling you NO they can't.

My father was a drunk who beat me. My mother worked three jobs to make up for my lazy father and I hardly every saw her. Meanwhile, my best friend was raised by two gay men who held normal 9-5 jobs, always had time for their family, and loved my friend unconditionally.

Which household was it better for a child to be raised in?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #434 on: May 28, 2009, 03:42:40 AM »

Ah, Franzl, that's why the Lord gave us .
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2009, 03:46:09 AM »

My father was a drunk who beat me. My mother worked three jobs to make up for my lazy father and I hardly every saw her. Meanwhile, my best friend was raised by two gay men who held normal 9-5 jobs, always had time for their family, and loved my friend unconditionally.

Still the heterosexual biological mother and father home.  

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2009, 03:48:20 AM »

Wow.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2009, 03:59:08 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2009, 04:01:09 AM by VP Meeker »

Wow.

EDIT: I really can't get over how horrible a person you are. Wow.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2009, 04:03:06 AM »

Wow.

EDIT: I really can't get over how horrible a person you are. Wow.

awww...not really. just stupid. poor thing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #439 on: May 28, 2009, 04:40:01 AM »

Wow.

Quoted for truth. I can't believe that he actually said that.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #440 on: May 28, 2009, 05:19:19 AM »

Such insanity is difficult to fathom.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #441 on: May 28, 2009, 05:22:26 AM »

Not when it's Mike!
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #442 on: May 28, 2009, 05:29:52 AM »

Not when it's Mike!

That's disappointing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #443 on: May 28, 2009, 05:53:53 AM »

It is better to stay silent and let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #444 on: May 28, 2009, 06:34:04 AM »

I'll be generous and attribute Mike's last statement to trollity instead of stupidity, altho I suspect there are far better uses for my generosity than that.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #445 on: May 28, 2009, 07:11:37 AM »

It's those kinds of arguments that are losing badly in the Northeast.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #446 on: May 28, 2009, 07:36:15 AM »

Does Mike Keller ever post anything unrelated to anti-gay marriage?  What a pathetic loser.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #447 on: May 28, 2009, 10:46:20 AM »

The specific individuals who raise you have no influence whatsoever on your psychological makeup.* (source)

And I will keep saying this over and over again until everyone in the world knows the truth, muahahaha.  Meanwhile, though, please cease your untruths; whether a child is raised by straight parents, gay parents, a single parent, unmarried parents, or grandparents, they will basically turn out the same.

*Exceptions include religiosity (which about equals the influence of heritability in adulthood), conservatism (though the study I'm looking at doesn't say how much, and heritability still outweighs it as it makes up a majority), and a few behaviors in childhood, most notably intelligence, though this effect disappears as one reaches adulthood and in fact intelligence becomes one of the most heritable traits out there.  I am also neglecting that parents have some capacity to help choose your peers and therefore culture, which do have a significant impact on your makeup.  This is probably the reason why some differences have been found between, say, "fatherless households" and non-fatherless households; the former generally happens in areas where people are less "successful".  Divorces also tend to lead to upheaval in a kid's peer group, as they are moved around a lot, which also might encourage maladaptive behavior.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #448 on: May 28, 2009, 11:08:40 AM »

It's better to be horribly beaten and abused than raised by a loving gay couple.

And that's not even an exaggeration of the argument just recently presented.  Not sure if even Bill O'Reilly would make that one, I think he'd prefer to talk in abstracts about how that legitimizes the marrying of a turtle.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #449 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »

Thank goodness someone is working to ensure that the threatened human race avoids its impending extinction from the sinister Satanic plot which has forced gay marriage upon us all.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies