Rules of Order (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:15:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rules of Order (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rules of Order  (Read 11005 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:52 AM »

This procedure is acceptable to me.

I think that it would be preferable (in point three) for it to be seconded by one other member, rather than two - as a mover and a seconder would still make up 10% of the Convention. That said, if someone can't find two people to second their motion, there's no way it's going to get passed anyway, so changing it from two seconders to one would make no real difference.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:44 PM »

I'd like to add this:

The convention will only close when closure is agreed upon by 3/4 of the delegates

I agree. Though I have a horrible feeling we might loose a few delegates along the way

We should have a procedure to ask governors to name a new delegate if one is too inactive.

Perhaps if 75% of the Convention votes (ie, 15 delegates) in favour of the Governor of a region appointing a new delegate to replace an inactive one. That way we don't have to clearly define "inactivity" - we can simply leave it in the hands of the delegates because it unlikely 75% of delegates will agree if it's anything near being a controversial decision.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies