Convention Procedural Questions/Suggestions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:53:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Convention Procedural Questions/Suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Convention Procedural Questions/Suggestions  (Read 2765 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »

Use this thread for any questions/comments about the Convention procedure or just random things.

Because there is a lot on the table here, I am going to lay out the following format for how I plan on running the Convention:

1. I will look for proposals of forms of government delegates want considered (i.e. parliamentarian, presidential, etc.).

2. I will bring these to a vote to gauge which form members are most interested in pursuing.

3. The winner of the poll will be the first form of government we attempt to form, from the ground up.

4. If this results in failure (hopefully not) we will vote on the remaining contenders and start over.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:46:30 AM »

I support a parliamentary system with a lower house with universal membership, and an elected upper house.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2009, 09:52:03 AM by Smid »

Use this thread for any questions/comments about the Convention procedure or just random things.

Because there is a lot on the table here, I am going to lay out the following format for how I plan on running the Convention:

1. I will look for proposals of forms of government delegates want considered (i.e. parliamentarian, presidential, etc.).

2. I will bring these to a vote to gauge which form members are most interested in pursuing.

3. The winner of the poll will be the first form of government we attempt to form, from the ground up.

4. If this results in failure (hopefully not) we will vote on the remaining contenders and start over.

This format seems sensible to me.

I support a parliamentary system with a lower house with universal membership, and an elected upper house.

I second your supported system.

I've created a separate thread for proposals. Sorry things get caught up when I try starting it all when people are awake. Smiley

Sorry, I saw that and moved it over to there. I won't be awake much longer... don't you worry about that! (To quote a former Queensland Premier).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:47:31 AM »

I've created a separate thread for proposals. Sorry things get caught up when I try starting it all when people are awake. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies