Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 01:46:10 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  U.S. Presidential Election Results
| | |-+  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | | |-+  Presidential Results by Congressional District Project Now Complete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Presidential Results by Congressional District Project Now Complete  (Read 19589 times)
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 04:22:00 am »
Ignore

NY-24 has a Democratic representative.

But McCain didn't win the district.  Hence the light blue color.

Ah. I see what you mean. Sorry for the confusion.

F'xed map:

Interesting map : more democrats in the south and west, more republicans in the northern midwest and northeast. However, southern congressional democrats should be more conservatives than their party and northern republicans more progressives.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Ronnie
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 10:38:24 am »
Ignore

NY-24 has a Democratic representative.

But McCain didn't win the district.  Hence the light blue color.

Ah. I see what you mean. Sorry for the confusion.

F'xed map:

Wait a second, why is Alaska light blue?

Born and raised in California
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 11:10:53 am »
Ignore

Damn. I forgot HI and AK.

Husker
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -5.70

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 09:58:22 pm »
Ignore

These are awesome, thanks! Any chance we could get a map of how CD's swung from '04 to '08? Smiley

DavidNYC
Rookie
View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 08:03:56 pm »
Ignore

Royer: I'm not 100% sure on what you mean by "notional" in this context, but to confirm, the numbers on the chart for the 2000 election reflect the district boundaries that came into being after states created new maps after the 2000 census. This can be confirmed by the fact that brand new districts like NC-13 are shown with numbers. (If we were using pre-2002 district lines, NC-13 would be empty because it simply didn't exist.)

The same is also true for GA and TX, the two states which did mid-decade redistricting.

Nym: I emailed Dave a link to this data. He is more than welcome to use it on the site!
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 07:33:02 am »
Ignore

Royer: I'm not 100% sure on what you mean by "notional" in this context, but to confirm, the numbers on the chart for the 2000 election reflect the district boundaries that came into being after states created new maps after the 2000 census. This can be confirmed by the fact that brand new districts like NC-13 are shown with numbers. (If we were using pre-2002 district lines, NC-13 would be empty because it simply didn't exist.)

The same is also true for GA and TX, the two states which did mid-decade redistricting.

So are they the 2000 GA and TX results those for the current districts, or for the post-2002 districts? That was his question - your wording wasn't clear. Though the TX results make it obvious that it's the former, really. (By notional, he means that the districts didn't actually exist at the time of the election. The term is somewhat out of place here as these districts aren't used for presidential elections anyways.)

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
DavidNYC
Rookie
View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 05:54:47 pm »
Ignore

Yes re GA & TX - sorry for the confusion. The numbers reflect the current maps.
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 12:59:14 pm »
Ignore

Bump.

We need Dave to put it on the Atlas !!!

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 12:14:35 pm »
Ignore

Bump. So when is Dave going to add it to the Atlas database ?

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 11:16:01 am »
Ignore

Ok, so nobody cares...

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 12:03:26 pm »
Ignore

Anyways, this maps shows States fro which 2008 CD maps are available (yellow States have only one seat).

So, once we get NJ, MD, GA, FL, TN, TX, OH, IL, MO, OK, CO and OR maps, we'll also finally have the nationwide one.

Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 12:09:11 pm »
Ignore

Considering that the final 2004 national CD map was never finished on this site, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for 2008.
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 01:28:59 pm »
Ignore

Considering that the final 2004 national CD map was never finished on this site, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for 2008.

Sure that, since I'm the only one who seems to care, I doubt Leip will have the impression the forum absolutely wants a complete CD map.

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 01:40:09 pm »
Ignore

Sure that, since I'm the only one who seems to care, I doubt Leip will have the impression the forum absolutely wants a complete CD map.

I'd like one, but I have 2004 and 2008 national maps in my files anyway.

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 06:33:14 pm »
Ignore

Actually, precise data insterests me mor than the map (indeed yes, we already have yours on this thread and I can't stop watching them), since I'd like to know I which districts Obama did better than nation (or state) wide and in which he did worse, in order to precisely measure gerrymandering.

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 08:33:00 am »
Ignore

Actually, precise data insterests me mor than the map (indeed yes, we already have yours on this thread and I can't stop watching them), since I'd like to know I which districts Obama did better than nation (or state) wide and in which he did worse, in order to precisely measure gerrymandering.

SSP should still have all the actual numbers up on their websites. If not, I could find them somewhere.

Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 12:31:43 pm »

Anyways, this maps shows States fro which 2008 CD maps are available (yellow States have only one seat).

So, once we get NJ, MD, GA, FL, TN, TX, OH, IL, MO, OK, CO and OR maps, we'll also finally have the nationwide one.

FYI, I am working on this some more - I've completed OR & TN, close in FL, IL,  NJ, and OH.  GA is tabulated, but is kind of ridiculous - over 1million votes not allocated.  Haven't started CO, TX, OK.
(Note I've tabulated these completely independent of SSP - I don't allocate the split votes).

Dave
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 02:11:10 pm »
Ignore

Thanks a lot. Smiley I hope you'll manage to have this finished soon.

Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:05 am »
Ignore

Thanks a lot. Smiley I hope you'll manage to have this finished soon.

Agreed. For both 2008 and 2004. Smiley
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:26 pm »
Ignore

Pretty ridiculous how "packed" Democrats are. Obama had 26 districts where he won at least 80% of the vote. McCain had 0.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 05:02:58 pm »
Ignore

Pretty ridiculous how "packed" Democrats are. Obama had 26 districts where he won at least 80% of the vote. McCain had 0.

"Gerrymandering doesn't favor republicans", eh Franzl ? Roll Eyes

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 02:48:52 pm »
Ignore

No add in almost 2 years... Sad

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 12:31:54 pm »
Ignore

"Gerrymandering doesn't favor republicans", eh Franzl ? Roll Eyes
Some of these are some of the most "natural", reasonable districts in the US. Not all, of course.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout