Opinion of Pro-Life
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:03:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Pro-Life
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Positive (D)

Positive (R)

Positive (I/O)

Negative (D)

Negative (R)

Negative (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Opinion of Pro-Life  (Read 4755 times)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »

Marvin Richardson is a 66-year old organic strawberry farmer from Letha, Idaho who legally changed his name to "Pro-Life" to run for US Senate in that state. He set his goal as five percent of the vote, and he matched it, winning 34,510 votes (5.35%).

Some highlights from this profile:

Pro-Life, who is running for the U.S. Senate seat soon to be vacated by Sen. Larry Craig, is consistent to a point in his consideration of life. He is a vegetarian. He calls the U.S. occupation of Iraq an unjust war and equates it to murder—as in murdering unborn children. He's not keen on birth control, and has 15 children to show for it...

But he's not so pro-life when it comes to capital punishment, which he supports particularly for treason and for offenders who request it. "I think it has to always be an option," he said. [He also advocates the death penalty for doctors who perform abortions and for the women who receive them]

Pro-Life does not support public schools, city parks or even Social Security, on which he depends for the bulk of his annual income... "My wife and I are very sexual," Pro-Life said, in the midst of a conversation on homosexuality, which he views as anti-life. "We really enjoy sex."

Also, he is a former Mormon who left the church because it was too liberal.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »

Lunatic.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:30:12 PM »

Crazy obviously, but killing abortion doctors would be the logical conclusion for death penalty supporting pro-lifers.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »

Pro-Life gives pro-life folks a bad name. I wonder who else knew exactly who this topic was referring to when they saw the title.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »

Crazy obviously, but killing abortion doctors would be the logical conclusion for death penalty supporting pro-lifers.
I love how this guy is a vegan but apparently thinks having 15 kids will have no negative consequences on the environment whatsoever. This is why I think voluntary eugenics isn't such a bad idea.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »

Total nutter.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »

for the record, Pro-Life (not unexpectedly) ran best in Schmitz Country- the Mormon/militia-infested rural east of the state. He actually ran ahead of Democrat Larry LaRocco in Rexburg's Madison County (home to BYU-Idaho), and got over 10 percent of the vote in nine counties. His strongest showing was in eccentric Clark County, where 17 percent of the 366 voters chose him.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »

He certainly takes it too far and has no idea what he's talking about, but at least unlike many his heart is in the right place
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 06:36:32 PM »

He certainly takes it too far and has no idea what he's talking about, but at least unlike many his heart is in the right place

Yeah. Up his ass.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:41:43 PM »

LOL.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »

I wonder how many of the people who voted for him even realized what was going on.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:38:33 PM »

The only people that I know that had abortion doctors executed were the Germans in WWII.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:43:05 PM »

The only people that I know that had abortion doctors executed were the Germans in WWII.

But when you think about it, that's the only logical conclusion for pro-lifers that also believe in the death penalty is it not?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:44:55 PM »

Wow. Just wow. The man is insane. I cannot describe how messed up and backwards he is.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 10:45:22 PM »

But when you think about it, that's the only logical conclusion for pro-lifers that also believe in the death penalty is it not?

Not all murders are punishable by death, so I would be inclined to say no. Then again, I don't know enough about the law to argue why there would be no need to punish abortion with death, so I may be off-base.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 10:58:43 PM »

Not all murders are punishable by death, so I would be inclined to say no. Then again, I don't know enough about the law to argue why there would be no need to punish abortion with death, so I may be off-base.

Well my point is that if murder can be punished by the death penalty, and abortion is murder, then doctors who perform abortions are murderers, and therefore deserve the death penalty. Obviously this should formally be done through the system of justice, but it's the rationale that a lot of abortion bombers or doctor killers use to justify their actions, and honestly it's not a terrible rationale, it's just wrong.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 11:07:48 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2009, 11:09:20 PM by Senator PiT »

Well my point is that if murder can be punished by the death penalty, and abortion is murder, then doctors who perform abortions are murderers, and therefore deserve the death penalty. Obviously this should formally be done through the system of justice, but it's the rationale that a lot of abortion bombers or doctor killers use to justify their actions, and honestly it's not a terrible rationale, it's just wrong.

It's a stupid rationale, though I doubt that's actually their reason. Otherwise, as the self-appointed Lord High Executioner, they would go after all sorts of murderers rather than just abortion doctors.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 11:39:12 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2009, 11:49:21 PM by Senator Realisticidealist »

It's a stupid rationale, though I doubt that's actually their reason. Otherwise, as the self-appointed Lord High Executioner, they would go after all sorts of murderers rather than just abortion doctors.

Hey, we can't all be Rorschach. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies