Government Proposal Discussion: Slight Variation (Closed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:19:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Government Proposal Discussion: Slight Variation (Closed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Government Proposal Discussion: Slight Variation (Closed)  (Read 1716 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »
« edited: March 29, 2009, 08:13:44 PM by Mideast Assembly Speaker Purple State »

This thread is for the discussion of ideas relating to the Slight Variation proposal for the new government.

Basic Characteristics
Same setup as is currently present in Atlasia
Work on overhauling key aspects deemed ineffective while maintaining same basic structure

Discussion shall last no less than 48 hours and no more than 240 hours (10 days) unless there is continued and productive discussion.

At the conclusion of debate there will be a vote in a separate thread to choose which models of government shall be pursued by the Convention. Please visit the other Government Proposal Discussion threads and comment on those as well.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:19:57 PM »

Oh, God.  Now that it's out here, this proposal will win, guaranteed.  (Unless Smid's does, because he did the smart thing and made it the first thing discussed; yay equilibrium!)
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »

I have a proposal.
Bicameral System Proposal:
I suggest we have a 10 region system, with delegates to a House delegated by population of region, with a 20 delegate limit. The second house will be a Senate, with one delegate from each region and no nationally elected Senators. Bills will be passed with the same system as the current USA system. This will get more people into the game and allow more people a chance to participate. There will be no governors. Each region will be self governing. Any duties, if there were any, of the governor will go either to a Senator or a Representative.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »

I have a proposal.
I suggest we have a 10 region system, with delegates to a House delegated by population of region, with a 20 delegate limit. The second house will be a Senate, with one delegate from each region and no nationally elected Senators. Bills will be passed with the same system as the current USA system. This will get more people into the game and allow more people a chance to participate. There will be no governors. Each region will be self governing. Any duties, if there were any, of the governor will go either to a Senator or a Representative.

Stick it in the Suggestion for Government Type thread that relates to nominations of proposals. This is for the specific discussion of this proposal. Your idea is pretty different so, if you get a delegate to sponsor it and another one to second it in the appropriate thread, your idea would receive its own thread like this one.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »

I have a proposal.

Stick it in the Suggestion for Government Type thread that relates to nominations of proposals. This is for the specific discussion of this proposal. Your idea is pretty different so, if you get a delegate to sponsor it and another one to second it in the appropriate thread, your idea would receive its own thread like this one.

OK, I'll do that. Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies