BH: Deval Patrick tanks in new poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:23:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BH: Deval Patrick tanks in new poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BH: Deval Patrick tanks in new poll  (Read 2000 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:37:53 AM »

Deval Patrick tanks in new poll

By Joe Dwinell
Thursday, March 26, 2009

A wave of voter disgust at business as usual on Beacon Hill has swamped Gov. Deval Patrick, dealing the first-term governor a devastating credibility blow that leaves his re-election hopes shaken, a new 7News poll has found.

Patrick’s standing with voters is so weak that he is locked in a dead heat with his main political rival, scoring 30 percent to state Treasurer Tim Cahill’s 35 percent if the general election were held today - even though Cahill hasn’t even said he’s running.

Thirty percent were undecided in the Patrick-Cahill matchup, while five percent opted for “other” candidates.

The survey of 400 registered voters - Democrats, Republicans and unenrolled alike - shows angry Bay Staters quickly losing faith in the state government, with Patrick taking the biggest hit.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/2009_03_26_Deval_Patrick_tanks_in_new_poll/srvc=home&position=0

Survey USA (2/22) has even uglier numbers:
http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=ec541621-1058-44e8-9c6f-07d683abf0a2
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »

I feel kind of bad for him but I haven't been following his situation too closely.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »

A lot of stuff has been out of his control, but he's also screwed up what little about the economic situation that's been in his control, so yeah, I say it's about time for someone else.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

It's a testament to the balance of power in Massachusetts that in a cross-party poll of two individual candidates, 65% support a Democrat.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 02:20:40 PM »

Not the worst thing in the world for Patrick. He will soon have plenty of time to go to meetings with publishers and Caribbean vacations.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 09:48:04 PM »

everyone knows i was a big kerry healey supporter, but i feel bad for patrick.   he is governor at a bad time.

im not so sure about this tim cahill character.  and im certainly no fan of christy mihos who may run as a republican in '10.

here is a wacky idea--what about curt schilling/
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »

certainly no fan of christy mihos who may run as a republican in '10.

Christy Mihos is the worst argument for wealthy dilettantism in politics since Teresa Heinz Kerry left the stage. He truly disgusts me.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »

It's a testament to the balance of power in Massachusetts that in a cross-party poll of two individual candidates, 65% support a Democrat.

It's because the survey gave the people an option of those two candidates. What a stupid poll.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies