No Cuomo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:01:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  No Cuomo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: No Cuomo  (Read 3810 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2009, 04:37:55 PM »

He said he's not running for Governor - http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=79562

I'm surprised this wasn't posted here yet.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:49:50 PM »

Looks like Paterson is gonna get slaughtered then. Siena has it as Giuliani 56% against Paterson's 33%. Hopefully a better Democratic candidate primaries Paterson.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:50:44 PM »

Looks like Paterson is gonna get slaughtered then. Siena has it as Giuliani 56% against Paterson's 33%. Hopefully a better Democratic candidate primaries Paterson.

LOL

Wow. I saw someone's Facebook status saying Rudy was leading Paterson in the General but 56% to 33%? Ouch, if true.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 04:53:27 PM »

Some other Democrat is gonna challenge, obviously. He just won't start off with Cuomo's high recognition and approvals. Sad
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 04:54:13 PM »

So was saying SENATOR Tom Udall.

Seems to me that Cuomo waits until Patterson gets shoved off the scene, and then he will enter like the proverbial hero to save the day.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »

LOL

Wow. I saw someone's Facebook status saying Rudy was leading Paterson in the General but 56% to 33%? Ouch, if true.

You should've seen the Cuomo Vs. Paterson primary numbers... 67% Cuomo 17% Paterson.

Some other Democrat is gonna challenge, obviously. He just won't start off with Cuomo's high recognition and approvals. Sad

We can hope.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »

Yeah, Cuomo isn't the only one who can take out Paterson in a primary. He's just the only one with 'star' power.  What are some other possibilities?

I'm not even convinced Paterson will run, but I would LOVE to see him and Giuliani go at it, for entertainment purposes.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »

There are definitly a lot of possibilities when it comes to who can challenge Paterson - it's New York. The downside though, is that these people would probably much rather try to get the senate seat instead, despite that being actually safe.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »

Hey, maybe Tom Suozzi could go for it again.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »

If Paterson somehow makes it past the primary, he ain't winning against anyone, which is part of the reason why I seriously doubt he gets past the primary.

Basically, because of what's happened over the last six months or so, everyone views him as an incompetent and a joke (yes, including the blacks) - and those types of changes are very hard, if not impossible, to turn around.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 08:49:18 PM »

Anyone think that Cuomo would have a shot at beating Paterson among blacks in the primary? That would be interesting.

Oh yeah, I don't buy the idea of Cumo not running. I don't care what he's saying now. I hope that he doesn't though. I'd rather someone else beat Paterson.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »

I don't buy the idea of Cumo not running. I don't care what he's saying now.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »

Cuomo might think it's better for his political future to remain Attorney General and demagogue Wall Street than become governor of a sinking ship.  And he's probably right about that.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »

Anyone think that Cuomo would have a shot at beating Paterson among blacks in the primary? That would be interesting.

Oh yeah, I don't buy the idea of Cumo not running. I don't care what he's saying now. I hope that he doesn't though. I'd rather someone else beat Paterson.

The last poll on it had Cuomo with something like a 30% lead among blacks against Paterson.   Obviously the internals have higher MOE's, but still quite interesting nonetheless.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »

The last poll on it had Cuomo with something like a 30% lead among blacks against Paterson.   Obviously the internals have higher MOE's, but still quite interesting nonetheless.

Yeah, that's amazing. The amount of good will that Paterson has managed to squander is truly astounding.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

How similar would a Guiliani adminstration be to the Pataki administration?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »

Hopefully Cuomo will primary Gillibrand.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »

lol, Paterson was a low-hanging fruit.  If he's not going after him he's staying AG

Hey, maybe Tom Suozzi could go for it again.

He's already highly interested in being Lt. Governor but he's ambitious

Cuomo might think it's better for his political future to remain Attorney General and demagogue Wall Street than become governor of a sinking ship.  And he's probably right about that.

DING DING DING, we have a winner.  Also, Cuomo has burned before doing this in the past, I don't know if he wants primarying African-American governors to be his schtick, but it's mostly what Cynic pointed out.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

Hopefully Cuomo will primary Gillibrand.

0% chance of that happening but it would be entertaining...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 05:14:39 PM »

I can't find the article, but saw something a week or so ago about Suozzi possibly running for Gov, though a run more likely if Paterson was not running.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 05:21:28 PM »

http://weblogs.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/politics/blog/2009/03/suozzi_interested_in_governor.html

"Suozzi: Interested in governor -- IF Dave leaves"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 08:48:20 PM »

Am I the only person out there who will laugh his a$$ off when a Republican wins the New York gubernatorial race???

Haha
A state that voted over 60% for Obama...
It would be quite funny. Especially since it would be Guiliani winning, and he isn't a liberal, or even moderate-liberal Republican.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 08:52:29 PM »

Am I the only person out there who will laugh his a$$ off when a Republican wins the New York gubernatorial race???

I suppose that depends on whether or not you're the only hyper-partisan Republican who decides to intentionally avoid sleep for the four days so as to intentionally infuse yourself with bouts of delusional hysteria.

In all seriousness, you do realize that the GOP currently controls the governorships of Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, California, and Hawaii, right?  It wouldn't be particularly amusing for them to capture New York, which is more conservative than a number of these states.

Also *thwap you on the head*
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 09:02:22 PM »

And will soon hold the Governorship in New Jersey....
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »

Haha
A state that voted over 60% for Obama...
It would be quite funny. Especially since it would be Guiliani winning, and he isn't a liberal, or even moderate-liberal Republican.

Rudy isn't a liberal but he is socially liberal, with that being said he isn't going to win.  Paterson will either step down or get knocked off in a Primary, and Rudy is not going to beat Cuomo (if he changes his mind and runs) nor is he going to beat Suozzi or pretty much anyone else who would run.  He isn't going to face Paterson.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies