should minors be allowed to smoke/possess tobacco? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:00:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  should minors be allowed to smoke/possess tobacco? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: should minors be allowed to smoke/possess tobacco?  [remember, not purchase tobacco, but rather, simply possess and use]
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: should minors be allowed to smoke/possess tobacco?  (Read 8514 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: March 27, 2009, 06:44:42 AM »

Agreed.

However, nothing should be done to enforce it, in my opinion. Just wastes resources.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:56:14 PM »

Of course not.  Dip is the one of the most disgusting things in the world.  In fact, in my top 10 list of the least desirable things a girl can do, dip topped out at #1.  Let's spare the gums of people not mature enough not to know not to do it.

I think thick mascara and chocolate yogurt are disgusting and unattractive too, but I'm not going to ban them
If mascara is found to cause cancer, then yes, let's ban it for under 18's.

soap, deodorant, hair spray, Johnson's Baby Shampoo, talcum powder, and hot dogs all contain carcinogens.  should their consumption by under 18s be banned?

Ok, if soap is found to cause cancer at the same rate as cigarettes, than yes, ban it. Roll Eyes

And why draw the line directly at that point? Why can't we ban everything that could be remotely dangerous?

After all, it's for the kids' own good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies