Constitution Development Comment Box (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:43:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitution Development Comment Box (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitution Development Comment Box  (Read 13479 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: April 01, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »

...and I have yet to hear why this is a heinous sin.

There's been plenty of talk about how more elections=goodlier and how to go about achieving it, but none about why this is supposedly the case.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »

...and I have yet to hear why this is a heinous sin.

There's been plenty of talk about how more elections=goodlier and how to go about achieving it, but none about why this is supposedly the case.

It makes you want to work for something. Like the law of supply and demand. There is a low supply of governemnt seats in a non-universal system, therefore people will work harder and be more active with the seats that are there. In a universal system, there is a high supply, so people do not need to work to get the seat, promting stangnance and low activity.

But how are people working harder and being more active on this game?  Have you read the news coverage for any of the most recent elections?  Nothing has happened, essentially, that hasn't been forced upon the system by external forces of nature (i.e. Jas) which would operate just as much in a universalist system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies