Constitution Development Comment Box (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:17:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitution Development Comment Box (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitution Development Comment Box  (Read 13486 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 29, 2009, 08:11:21 PM »
« edited: April 04, 2009, 09:07:31 PM by Mideast Assembly Speaker Purple State »

This thread is for the discussion of anything pertaining to the current discussions on government proposals. The links to the different voting/debates can be found in the stickied Convention Noticeboard thread (thanks MasterJedi).

You may utilize this thread for random comments or concerns that don't directly relate to the advancement of debate on the proposals.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »

Current Voting Results (With 6 delegates voting)

Parliamentary Universalism
1st Pref. = 3
2nd Pref. = 1

Presidential Parliamentarian
1st Pref. = 3
2nd Pref. = 1

Presidential Universalism
1st Pref. = 0
2nd Pref. = 3

Bicameral Nonparliamentarian
1st Pref. = 0
2nd Pref. = 1

Unitarian Empire
1st Pref. = 0
2nd Pref. = 0
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »

6 delegates to go for the vote. Don't make me hunt you guys down...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2009, 10:34:41 PM by Mideast Assembly Speaker Purple State »

Current Results (With 15 delegates voting)

Parliamentary Universalism
1st Pref. = 6
2nd Pref. = 2
TOTAL = 7 > 4 PASS

Presidential Parliamentarian
1st Pref. = 5
2nd Pref. = 4
TOTAL = 7 > 4 PASS

Presidential Universalism
1st Pref. = 3
2nd Pref. = 6
TOTAL = 6 > 4 PASS

Bicameral Nonparliamentarian
1st Pref. = 0
2nd Pref. = 2
TOTAL = 1 > 4 FAILING

Unitarian Empire
1st Pref. = 1
2nd Pref. = 1
TOTAL = 1.5 > 4 FAILING

I am pretty sure those are the correct numbers. The top 3 proposals have passed and so will be discussed. I will leave voting open for probably another day.

While it looks a little close right now, it seems as if a Universalism victory is inevitable and it was inevitable coming into this convention.

There isn't only one winner. And the top 3 are pretty close in terms of totals (7, 7, 6)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:35:26 PM »

Well, it looks like universalism is more popular than non-universalism, at the moment at least.

Sad

They all get built, so it's no longer about what is more popular now, but what ends up looking like the best model down the road.

You can Smiley again.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:48:05 AM »

I will be closing the voting at midnight EST tonight.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:10:21 AM »

Come now guys. I go to bed for four hours and this is what happens? Discussion should not be focused on tearing down one another over this.

Each delegate may pick and choose what information they take into account when working in the Convention. I would, however, urge the delegates to weigh all the options, work on each of the proposals and attempt to make this a more productive Convention.

In order to make this discussion more orderly and productive, may I ask that Hashemite, Smid, and Marokai, each of you present one post in which you state in a few paragraphs why you think Universalism is good/bad and a few ideas you have for it/ideas you have instead of it? Do this without directly addressing each other, but rather as a sort of "pitch" to the delegates.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 09:14:31 AM »

In order to make this discussion more orderly and productive, may I ask that Hashemite, Smid, and Marokai, each of you present one post in which you state in a few paragraphs why you think Universalism is good/bad and a few ideas you have for it/ideas you have instead of it? Do this without directly addressing each other, but rather as a sort of "pitch" to the delegates.

I think that's already been done. Quite often, even.

It seems to have been more of a shouting match that largely ignored the actual merits of the proposals. Yes, ideas are scattered throughout the Convention, but it is always a good idea to collect your thoughts on a couple of occasions and put them down without addressing someone else's points at the same time.

I think it would be worth doing, if you would be so kind.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 09:20:33 AM »

I am. I know you posted that earlier, but it's good to get things together, neatly and without quotes and all that. Seeing the unadultered ideas is helpful for the process.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies