Murtha at his best
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:11:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Murtha at his best
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Murtha at his best  (Read 2190 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »

"If I'm corrupt, it's because I take care of my district."

-- Rep. John Murtha (D-PA), quoted by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:54:42 PM »

Does he even remotely care anymore?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »

I can't wait until this disgrace is finished. I hope Irey runs again in 2010 and finally kicks this joke out.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

Does he even remotely care anymore?
He cares about his image. He does everything to preserve it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 03:25:22 PM »

As brazen as T. Dan Smith. Love it. Murtha for Speaker!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »

I can't wait until this disgrace is finished. I hope Irey runs again in 2010 and finally kicks this joke out.

Irey?  Oh dear.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »

Hopefully Murtha goes down soon. Angry
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »

I'd rather get rid of Rangel.  The Democrats need to figure out how to better purge the blatant graft politicians
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 03:45:39 PM »

I'd rather get rid of Rangel.  The Democrats need to figure out how to better purge the blatant graft politicians

That would require an act of God or something. At least Rangel is up front about it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 04:01:55 PM »

The Democrats need to figure out how to better purge the blatant graft politicians

Only concerned because it looks bad, eh.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »

Ideally all of them, but the blatant ones should be technically easier if a process of political removal were ever discovered or invented.

And the post you were quoting was speaking in third person.  It's what they need to do, not what I need.  Yes, their needs are mostly concerned with looking bad.  I give political campaign advice for Dodd too on this forum, but it doesn't mean that I am concerned with trying to get him reelected.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16:06 PM »

Irey?  Oh dear.

What's your problem with her?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »

Irey?  Oh dear.

She was lame, as in not very articulate and with not much depth on the issues - to wit, she was a beta person. But hey, she was better than Tedesco is now. There is always further to fall I guess.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »

Irey?  Oh dear.

She was lame, as in not very articulate and with not much depth on the issues - to wit, she was a beta person. But hey, she was better than Tedesco is now. There is always further to fall I guess.  Tongue

I didn't know anyone really followed her campaign in 2006 (outside of PA politicos). Then again, she was running against Jack Murtha.

She was a big deal here so I figured she was impressive (I didn't follow the campaign). Maybe you're too hard to please.  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »

Irey?  Oh dear.

I didn't know anyone really followed her campaign in 2006 (outside of PA politicos). Then again, she was running against Jack Murtha.

She was a big deal here so I figured she was impressive (I didn't follow the campaign). Maybe you're too hard to please.  Tongue

Damn straight I'm hard to please. Did you just figure that out?  Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »

Irey?  Oh dear.

You better hope for another Murtha gaffe for Irey to have a chance.  Apparently calling your own constituents racist < a far right winged carpetbagger in that district.  Irey makes me a bit nervous because she lives there and is a bit more appealing than Bill Russell.  Still think Murtha has the edge even over Irey.  He provides too much for that district.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 09:28:50 PM »

Irey?  Oh dear.

You better hope for another Murtha gaffe for Irey to have a chance.  Apparently calling your own constituents racist < a far right winged carpetbagger in that district.  Irey makes me a bit nervous because she lives there and is a bit more appealing than Bill Russell.  Still think Murtha has the edge even over Irey.  He provides too much for that district.

Sure she has a chance. Russell had a chance, too (by the way, some citations about this carpetbagging would be nice. I'm finally going to call you on this). Murtha has an edge but he can lose.

By the way, calling them racists really doesn't matter. I remember a friend telling me the worst thing to do to a racist is call them a racist. At the time, I agreed but deep down I doubted that. I think far too many are actually damn proud of their bigotry and don't care if others dislike it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 12:57:33 AM »

Irey?  Oh dear.

Sure she has a chance. Russell had a chance, too (by the way, some citations about this carpetbagging would be nice. I'm finally going to call you on this). Murtha has an edge but he can lose.

By the way, calling them racists really doesn't matter. I remember a friend telling me the worst thing to do to a racist is call them a racist. At the time, I agreed but deep down I doubted that. I think far too many are actually damn proud of their bigotry and don't care if others dislike it.

Might be biased, but:

http://larouchepub.com/other/2008/3538swiftboat_murtha.html

In some weird ways I like Murtha even though he is a lot more conservative than I.  For that district he has done a lot.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:01 AM »

Might be biased, but:

In some weird ways I like Murtha even though he is a lot more conservative than I.  For that district he has done a lot.

"LaRouchePub.com"

Uh...is this the LaRouche that we all know and love? If so, I'm not even bothering to go to the site and a big LOL @ you for believing the most infamous conspiracy nuts around.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 11:48:46 AM »

Kos slams Murtha

and reminds people of this incident:
After Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI) offered a procedural motion on May 10, 2007, that would have stripped a $23 million earmark from the intelligence authorization bill designated for the National Drug Intelligence Center (“NDIC”) and have the Department of Justice’s Inspector General audit the effectiveness of the center, located in Rep. Murtha’s district, Rep. Murtha approached Rep. Rogers on the House floor and stated, “I hope you don’t have any earmarks in the defense appropriations bills because they are gone, and you will not get any earmarks now and forever.”  Rep. Rogers replied, “This is not the way we do things here,” and, “is that supposed to make me afraid of you?”  Rep. Murtha retorted, “That’s the way I do it.”
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

Kos slams Murtha

After Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI) offered a procedural motion on May 10, 2007, that would have stripped a $23 million earmark from the intelligence authorization bill designated for the National Drug Intelligence Center (“NDIC”) and have the Department of Justice’s Inspector General audit the effectiveness of the center, located in Rep. Murtha’s district, Rep. Murtha approached Rep. Rogers on the House floor and stated, “I hope you don’t have any earmarks in the defense appropriations bills because they are gone, and you will not get any earmarks now and forever.”  Rep. Rogers replied, “This is not the way we do things here,” and, “is that supposed to make me afraid of you?”  Rep. Murtha retorted, “That’s the way I do it.”

Good for him.
The left blogosphere doesn't seem intent to defend the Democratic scumbags, the way their counterparts from the right did with DeLay.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »

Kos slams Murtha

Wow. Richard Daley had nothing on Murtha.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 06:40:19 PM »

Ah, I see that Murtha is a traditionalist as well.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 11:57:31 AM »

Might be biased, but:

"LaRouchePub.com"

Uh...is this the LaRouche that we all know and love?
Yep. EIR is his main newsletter.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 12:02:28 PM »

Might be biased, but:

"LaRouchePub.com"

Uh...is this the LaRouche that we all know and love?
Yep. EIR is his main newsletter.

LOL

Yeah, there goes any chance of me buying Flyers' argument. He might want to find a credible source next time.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies