Kind of an idea for a project
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:09:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Kind of an idea for a project
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Kind of an idea for a project  (Read 9331 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »

Still accepting ballots (also a little busy), so you guys have some more time if you wish to submit.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »

Still accepting ballots (also a little busy), so you guys have some more time if you wish to submit.

Did you actually get some? I'm looking forward to voting in the matches but I don't really want to make that big of a ballot.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 12:13:10 AM »

Did you actually get some? I'm looking forward to voting in the matches but I don't really want to make that big of a ballot.

I've got a few, not a ton but a few ballots...if you would like I could send you someone else's ballot and you can edit and switch/add names as you'd like.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »

I've got a few, not a ton but a few ballots...if you would like I could send you someone else's ballot and you can edit and switch/add names as you'd like.

Yeah, sure.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »

OK, via the miracle of copy and paste, I prepared a list of posters ranked by number of posts down to about 900.  It is on an excel spreadsheet. You can rank the names, and then do a sort of the first column by number, and the names will be reordered based on your rankings. Then you can copy and paste, or email to Moose. If anyone wants it, PM me, and I will email it to you, or copy and paste it in your PM, or whatever. I could also post the list here if that seems in order, but using an excel spreadsheet makes matters much easier.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »

OK, via the miracle of copy and paste, I prepared a list of posters ranked by number of posts down to about 900.  It is on an excel spreadsheet. You can rank the names, and then do a sort of the first column by number, and the names will be reordered based on your rankings. Then you can copy and paste, or email to Moose. If anyone wants it, PM me, and I will email it to you, or copy and paste it in your PM, or whatever. I could also post the list here if that seems in order, but using an excel spreadsheet makes matters much easier.

That's quite ingenious. I wish I had done that rather than spending an hour coming up with posters' usernames. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 09:34:25 PM »

That's quite ingenious. I wish I had done that rather than spending an hour coming up with posters' usernames. Tongue

Well after all that work, I hope you gave me a high ranking. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 05:33:07 PM »

I want this to start!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »

I will be taking ballots through sunday.  I thank those who have submitted thus far.

Tabulating the votes and factoring in Auto bids may take some time, but thank you for your patience in this matter.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:34 PM »

I've got my first 37 "posters who've impacted the forum" including a couple I don't like.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 08:28:08 PM »

I've got my first 37 "posters who've impacted the forum" including a couple I don't like.

Did I make the cut?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »

Did I make the cut?

Did I?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »

Start this soon, please!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of a family issue/emergency.  I apologize for delays.  I will continue to accept ballots until I'm able to tabulate.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 10:37:03 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of a family issue/emergency.  I apologize for delays.  I will continue to accept ballots until I'm able to tabulate.

Okay, sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out alright, bull.

Maybe I'll actually do a ballot now to kill time.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2009, 12:33:23 AM »

When I ask for a ranking--i realize I wasn't entirely clear--you will send a ranked ballot of 64 names 1-64 (dear god, no ties please).

My friend, my soon to be colleague as an officer of the court, Bullmoose88, Esquire, when do you plan to get off you ass on this, whatever "this" might be?  You know, ranking 64 folks most of whom I respect/admire/like was a rather stressful endeavor. When will I get some consummation dude?  Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 12:09:50 PM »

Got a couple more ballots.  Keep sending them, I have a few more things to deal with, but I should be able to get to this soon.

Thank you for your (collective) continued patience.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »

New Deadline for Ballots.  Monday, 5pm.  (I will finally have some time off to calculate them...with an abacus.)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

New Deadline for Ballots.  Monday, 5pm.  (I will finally have some time off to calculate them...with an abacus.)

Cool... but what will be the new new deadline? Smiley
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 02:19:03 AM »

Cool... but what will be the new new deadline? Smiley

Well, I've just returned home, and need to take care of some things (i have a ton to unpack, but hopefully soon).

Any suggestions on putting these into excel and calculating (rather than the abacus method) would be helpful...*running Excel 2003*
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 05:50:07 PM »

WILL BULLMOOSE'S PROJECT EVER COME TO PASS? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »

WILL BULLMOOSE'S PROJECT EVER COME TO PASS? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!

I don't think so. Sad
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 04:28:03 AM »

Is this ever going to amount to anything? Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 09:27:38 PM »

This is probably the biggest letdown I've ever experienced. After all the work bullmoose put into this, it just fell apart. Maybe it will rise from the ashes!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 10:41:32 PM »

Guys, I haven't given up on this (though I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times)...I've been a little preoccupied lately with things.

I am still asking for suggestions on how I can say put this into a list on excel (each ballot) get the points from that and basically have excel do all the calculations for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies