Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 11:07:26 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | | |-+  Parliamentary Universalism (Motion at Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Parliamentary Universalism (Motion at Vote)  (Read 21307 times)
Daniel Adams
YaBB God
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2009, 02:28:09 pm »
Ignore

Aye.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2009, 03:43:06 pm »
Ignore

Sure, aye.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2009, 06:08:41 pm »
Ignore

Premature, as Purple State hasn't commented, but the sentiment is appreciated Wink

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
In New Zealand for a conference and vacation through July 14th Smiley
Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2009, 11:35:50 pm »
Ignore

Premature, as Purple State hasn't commented, but the sentiment is appreciated Wink

At this point I am half ready to just call a motion to end the Convention. We are consistently missing a quorum and it appears that popular sentiment plans on rejecting any Constitution this Convention creates.

Marokai/Purple Main Campaign Thread

Thank you to all our supporters!

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:50 am »
Ignore

Aye

Though this proposal, or basically any other proposal which isn't the status-quo has no chance.

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2009, 11:24:44 am »
Ignore

Though this proposal, or basically any other proposal which isn't the status-quo has no chance.

Oh, why, I hadn't noticed the tone of debate for the past two months Tongue

I just seek to provide Atlasians with a valid alternative to the status quo.  I know they're going to vote it down, but it's wrong to go down without a fight, or at least an informed debate on the subject.

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2009, 04:30:02 pm »
Ignore

I just seek to provide Atlasians with a valid alternative to the status quo.  I know they're going to vote it down, but it's wrong to go down without a fight, or at least an informed debate on the subject.

I'm all for it, obviously. But I doubt this convention will even go to its term, as it's becoming increasingly likely (and not an entirely bad idea, seeing how little delegates care and how everybody just wants bad ol' status-quo to win).

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2009, 11:04:26 am »
Ignore

I'm all for it, obviously. But I doubt this convention will even go to its term, as it's becoming increasingly likely (and not an entirely bad idea, seeing how little delegates care and how everybody just wants bad ol' status-quo to win).

Yeah, I agree.

Still, bashing my head against a break wall is hours of fun.  Purple State should be more impartial here and open this to a vote.

Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2009, 08:51:11 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, I agree.

Still, bashing my head against a break wall is hours of fun.  Purple State should be more impartial here and open this to a vote.

I am fine being impartial, but if this vote won't even reach a quorum I don't want to waste your time and energy with writing up something your peers will neither pass, nor reject.

Perhaps we should close down the current proposals (but keep them on record just in case) and find ways to amend the current Constitution to better serve Atlasia. In the process we could consolidate all current amendment in order to clean the Constitution up, etc.

If you insist, I will be happy to open a vote up and include all those that have voiced their votes already.

IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14:49 pm »
Ignore

Aye

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2009, 11:20:52 pm »
Ignore

If you insist, I will be happy to open a vote up and include all those that have voiced their votes already.

I would appreciate that.  Let's let these things come up for a vote before we insist they're dead.

Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2009, 11:23:18 pm »
Ignore

I bring the following to a vote of the delegates. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain. This vote shall last for 48 hours:

Article _: Changing the Constitution
9(1) Any section of this Constitution may be altered, or deleted, or a new section added, by the following procedure:
(i)   A Bill containing the reworded section, or the section to be deleted, or the section to be added must be introduced to the either House of Parliament as a Private Memberís Bill,
(ii)   The Bill may be debated as any other Bill,
(iii)   The Bill shall be voted on by Members of the House in which it was introduced, as any other Bill,
(iv)   If the Bill is passed by that House, it shall be referred to a joint session of the Houses of Congress, in which all members may vote.
(v)   The Bill requires two-thirds of all members to be approved.

9(2) Voting on changes to the constitution, referred to in Section 9(1)(iii) and (v), shall be open for one week.

9(3) The qualification to vote for or against a Bill to amend the Constitution, whether in a House of Parliament or in a Regional Caucus shall be the same as that in Section 2(8 ).

I will be counting the votes already registered by Dan Adamas, BK, Hash and PiT.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:26:29 pm by Senator Purple State »Logged

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2009, 11:24:40 pm »
Ignore

Yup

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2009, 11:37:32 pm »
Ignore

Abstain (This is a pointless exercise.)

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2009, 02:15:00 am »
Ignore

Aye, even if that will not reach the quorum and than the proposition will never pass.
Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2009, 02:18:06 pm »
Ignore

I won't be available to close the booth tonight. However, at exactly 12:24am EST on June 27, 2009, this vote will conclude, with a 24 hour extension if a quorum is not reached.

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2009, 11:09:34 am »
Ignore

I doubt we've reached a quorum; in any case, I'm starting to wonder whether this Convention could even reach a quorum to close itself Tongue

Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »
Ignore

I doubt we've reached a quorum; in any case, I'm starting to wonder whether this Convention could even reach a quorum to close itself Tongue

A PM blitz would take care of that. But I hardly want to whip up delegates for every damn motion vote.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout