Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 04:37:41 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | | |-+  Parliamentary Bicameralism (Discussion Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] Print
Author Topic: Parliamentary Bicameralism (Discussion Open)  (Read 44735 times)
Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 05, 2009, 11:26:52 am »
Ignore

What comes next? Aren't all relevant articles passed?

I think we just need the misc. carryovers page.

Article VIII: Loose Ends
Section 1: Continuity of Government and Citizenship

1. When this Constitution becomes operative it shall replace any Constitution, and amendments thereof, in place prior to it.
   2. At the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, all offices except President shall be vacated. The President shall call immediate elections as outlined in this Constitution.
   3. All those registered voters in Atlasia who vote on the ratification of this Constitution shall remain registered voters under the terms under which they had originally registered.
   4. All Legislation and Judicial Rulings not inconsistent with this Constitution passed prior to the Adoption of this Constitution shall remain in full force, unless superceded by subsequent legislation or Judicial Rulings.

Section 2: Miscellaneous Carry-overs

1. These Executive Departments are hereby established: Forum Affairs; External Affairs; and Justice. The Principal Officers of these departments shall be Ministers, with the exception of the Department of Justice whose principal officer shall be the Attorney General
   2. The Department of Forum Affairs shall be responsible for administering all elections to the Presidency and the Senate.
   3. The Congress shall have appropriate power via legislation to repeal or amend anything in this Section.

Section 3: Ratification

1. This Constitution shall become operative upon passage at the Constitutional Convention, which shall require the assent of three-quarters of those delegates present, and ratification by each of the Regions by majorities in public polls that shall last for exactly one week and shall begin within a thirty day period of passage at the Constitutional Convention. All voting shall be by public post.
   2. If the Constitution shall fail to be ratified by one or more Regions, then the Constitutional Convention shall reconvene within a fourteen day period to consider what action, if any, is necessary to remedy those issues raised in a Region's failure to ratify.

Marokai/Purple Main Campaign Thread

Thank you to all our supporters!

Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2009, 11:32:35 pm »
Ignore

I bring the following motions up for debate. I will bring them to a vote in approximately 24-48 hours.

1. When this Constitution becomes operative it shall replace any Constitution, and amendments thereof, in place prior to it.
   2. At the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, all offices except President shall be vacated. The President shall call immediate elections as outlined in this Constitution.
   3. All those registered voters in Atlasia who vote on the ratification of this Constitution shall remain registered voters under the terms under which they had originally registered.
   4. All Legislation and Judicial Rulings not inconsistent with this Constitution passed prior to the Adoption of this Constitution shall remain in full force, unless superceded by subsequent legislation or Judicial Rulings.

1. These Executive Departments are hereby established: Forum Affairs; External Affairs; and Justice. The Principal Officers of these departments shall be Ministers, with the exception of the Department of Justice whose principal officer shall be the Attorney General
   2. The Department of Forum Affairs shall be responsible for administering all elections to the Presidency and the Senate.
   3. The Congress shall have appropriate power via legislation to repeal or amend anything in this Section.

1. This Constitution shall become operative upon passage at the Constitutional Convention, which shall require the assent of three-quarters of those delegates present, and ratification by each of the Regions by majorities in public polls that shall last for exactly one week and shall begin within a thirty day period of passage at the Constitutional Convention. All voting shall be by public post.
   2. If the Constitution shall fail to be ratified by one or more Regions, then the Constitutional Convention shall reconvene within a fourteen day period to consider what action, if any, is necessary to remedy those issues raised in a Region's failure to ratify.
[/quote]

Article I, Section 2 shall hereby read as follows:

Section 2: Formation of the House
1. The House of Representatives, herein referred to as House, shall be made up of fifteen Representatives, each with a term of two months. All Representatives shall be elected by the regions from among their designated regional legislators.
2. No Person shall be eligible to run for the House who has not attained one hundred or more posts, and is not a registered voter in the Region that they represent. A Representative may not hold any other federal or executive office in Atlasia for the duration of their term. A Representative shall not forfeit federal office by the loss of regional office.

Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 09, 2009, 10:10:07 pm »
Ignore

I bring the following motions up for a vote. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain. The voting shall be open for 48 hours.

[/quote]

Article I, Section 2 shall hereby read as follows:

Section 2: Formation of the House
1. The House of Representatives, herein referred to as House, shall be made up of fifteen Representatives, each with a term of two months. All Representatives shall be elected by the regions from among their designated regional legislators.
2. No Person shall be eligible to run for the House who has not attained one hundred or more posts, and is not a registered voter in the Region that they represent. A Representative may not hold any other federal or executive office in Atlasia for the duration of their term. A Representative shall not forfeit federal office by the loss of regional office.

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:10 pm »
Ignore

Yup and Nope (and clarification requested: did mandatory regional legislatures get enacted already?  if so, my vote is still "nope"; I think the people of the regions should be able to choose, or at worst the regional legislators should be able to choose whoever they wish, not just legislators)

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 09, 2009, 10:57:59 pm »
Ignore

Yup and Nope (and clarification requested: did mandatory regional legislatures get enacted already?  if so, my vote is still "nope"; I think the people of the regions should be able to choose, or at worst the regional legislators should be able to choose whoever they wish, not just legislators)

To clarify, regional legislatures are not mandated by this Constitution. This clause would, however, pressure the regions to create legislatures. It would also ensure that a citizen had won a regional office before reaching federal office. I saw it is a win-win maneuver (from my perspective Wink ).

IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »
Ignore

Aye on the article, abstain on the amendment.

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: June 10, 2009, 07:16:31 am »
Ignore

Aye/Abstain

Devilman88
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 10, 2009, 09:58:22 am »
Ignore

Aye/Nay
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 04:28:14 pm by ♠♣♦Dan♦♣♠ »Logged

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 10, 2009, 03:52:54 pm »
Ignore

Aye/Nay
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 10, 2009, 03:55:02 pm »
Ignore

Aye/Nay

MasterJedi
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: 6.43

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 10, 2009, 04:11:29 pm »

Aye/Nay

Daniel Adams
YaBB God
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 10, 2009, 06:17:37 pm »
Ignore

Article VIII: Aye
Amendment: Aye
Purple State
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 16, 2009, 12:03:49 am »
Ignore

I have been derelict and I apologize. RL gets in the way sometimes.

There is no quorum on the motions. I will leave the voting open for an additional 24 or so hours. If a quorum is not reached by then I will close the voting, reopen it, and PM all of you. So rather than deal with messages, just vote please.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout