The Italian town where residents and immigrants travel on separate buses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:42:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Italian town where residents and immigrants travel on separate buses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Italian town where residents and immigrants travel on separate buses  (Read 4879 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 01:24:33 AM »

Just go out and make the immigrant buses as cool as possible. Show that they are just as great.  Roll Eyes

Haha, you're such a joke but it's sort of flattering.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 05:54:05 AM »

lol. Though the PD certainly does include a number of centre-rightists and Franceschini himself is a former Christiandem.

It's disgusting that any party can co-operate with Lega Merda, regardless of the reasons or the crappy excuses. Though hopefully the referendum passes and the Lega Merda will lose influence.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 07:48:36 AM »

A segregated bus route for immigrants is being introduced in an Italian town.

The move has been met with accusations of discrimination and revived the debate over the treatment of non-EU citizens in the country.

But Foggia's mayor said it was for the safety of the migrants, and that they would be free to travel on any service.

The 24/i bus service will take foreigners directly to an immigrant hostel, bypassing a working-class area served by the existing 24 bus.

Authorities say friction has been rising between residents of the Mezzanone neighbourhood and 800 or so migrants who live in the hostel after a series of robberies blamed on foreigners.

'At the heart of the decision are the clashes between immigrants and residents,' centre-left mayor Orazio Ciliberti was quoted as saying in La Repubblica newspaper.

'We are not talking about racism, but about providing a better service,' he added.

The news of the route, which starts on Monday, prompted comparisons with Apartheid-era South Africa and the segregated buses in the southern United States during the 1950s.

Habib Ben Sghaier, of immigrant association Asci, branded the move racist. 'This is not how to achieve integration,' he said.

Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right coalition has recently introduced a raft of anti-immigrant legislation, which has boosted his popularity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1167113/The-Italian-town-residents-immigrants-travel-separate-buses.html

My native country... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Falling in a more and more disgusting fascim, racism, hatred... I'm ashamed. I'm ashamed to have something in common with the great bastard who is succeeding in what Mussolini failed.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 07:54:49 AM »

Falling in a more and more disgusting fascim, racism, hatred... I'm ashamed. I'm ashamed to have something in common with the great bastard who is succeeding in what Mussolini failed.

Oh, and note how the center-left Mayor proposed this but Berlusconi/the center-right will be the focus of scorn.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »

Oh, and note how the center-left Mayor proposed this but Berlusconi/the center-right will be the focus of scorn.

I never said that there was no italian idiot politician from the left. Just that Berlusca is their universal reference.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies