NY-Governor/Quinnipiac: Paterson (D) in terrible shape
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:20:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NY-Governor/Quinnipiac: Paterson (D) in terrible shape
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-Governor/Quinnipiac: Paterson (D) in terrible shape  (Read 3593 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:50:49 AM »

General Election:

Giuliani (R): 53%
Paterson (D): 32%

Cuomo (D): 53%
Giuliani (R): 36%

DEM Primary:

Cuomo: 61%
Paterson: 18%

Favorable Ratings:

Cuomo: 63% favorable, 17% unfavorable
Giuliani: 55% favorable, 35% unfavorable
Paterson: 27% favorable, 55% unfavorable

Approval Ratings:

Paterson: 28% Approve, 60% Disapprove
Cuomo: 75% Approve, 14% Disapprove

Looking ahead to the 2010 election for Governor, do you feel that David Paterson deserves to be elected to a full 4 year term, or do you feel that he does not deserve to be elected to a full 4 year term ?

22% Yes, deserves
63% No, deserves not

From April 1- 5, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,528 New York State registered voters, with a margin of error of +/- 2.5 percentage points. The survey includes 664 Democrats with a margin of error of +/- 3.8 percentage points.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1318.xml?ReleaseID=1284
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »

Poor guy. Sad
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 09:27:31 AM »

After the budget they're going to pass up there in Albany, I personally don't think he deserves higher ratings than Blago got.  It's a disaster.

Anyway, Paterson is a goner because the public views him as incompetent (when black people I talk to say that he's incompetent - then you know for sure) and, well, even if he could overcome that, the economy in these parts is only going to get worse.

The only question is, in my mind, will it be another Democrat or a Republican.  If a Democrat, it's going to be more of a Democrat to the center I suspect, because with the budget that they're going to pass, Paterson has clearly allied himself with the more left-wing elements of the Democratic party, the unions and the WFP.

Of course, that makes him more likely to survive the primary.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »

I'm not even sure he'll run for reelection at this point.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

sam, that assumes a competent Republican opponent though, no?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »

Even though I laughed once I saw those numbers, this is getting to the point where it just isn't funny anymore.

Interesting ratings for Rudy, by the way. Remember when NY apparently hated him?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »

at the height of the election, no doubt, and when he tacked to the right for the primary.  Wouldn't surprise me if Lieberman is also doing better.  The electorate will need a reminder by the opposing campaign.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 11:44:37 AM »

at the height of the election, no doubt, and when he tacked to the right for the primary.  Wouldn't surprise me if Lieberman is also doing better.  The electorate will need a reminder by the opposing campaign.

Sure but I would think that those feelings would have lasted a bit longer. To go from hated to 55% favorable (and only 35% unfavorable!) rating in a year is impressive.

I have no doubt that the voters will be reminded of "conservative Rudy" but you can't say that it won't be a competitive race if he's running.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 11:49:51 AM »

Sure but I would think that those feelings would have lasted a bit longer. To go from hated to 55% favorable (and only 35% unfavorable!) rating in a year is impressive.

I have no doubt that the voters will be reminded of "conservative Rudy" but you can't say that it won't be a competitive race if he's running.

A few ads featuring his foaming-from-the-mouth speech at the RNC and his God-bless-George-W.-Bush statements, and his favorables will go down to meet those of Patterson.

If Cuomo runs, I doubt that Giuliani will even bother. Unlike Faso he seems to still have ambitions for higher office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »

A few ads featuring his foaming-from-the-mouth speech at the RNC and his God-bless-George-W.-Bush statements, and his favorables will go down to meet those of Patterson.

I understand that they'll go down but the fact that they're at 55% is impressive. I don't see how they could have already totally forgotten those statements when that's all we've seen from Rudy since 2004.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »

It won't be.  Cuomo said he won't run, but if he changes his mind and faces Rudy it won't be competitive.  Nor will it be competitive if Suozzi runs.  Once a race gets underway and the voters get reminded of the 2008 Rudy its over.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 12:17:32 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2009, 12:19:18 PM by Lunar »

the electorate is fickle and has a short memory, this isn't exactly news.  How the fuck else would Clinton have managed to be the working-class, whiskey-drinking hero during the 2008 Democratic primaries?

Also, Giuliani's ratings might be artificially inflated by his possible opposition to Paterson.  If you hate Paterson, are you really going to give his prospective opponents a bad favorability rating?  It might not be representative of his actual standing, depending on the poll structure.  Still good news for Rudy though.  Rudy is enough of a star that any race he were to enter into, from Congressman on up, would be initially competitive.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »

After the budget they're going to pass up there in Albany, I personally don't think he deserves higher ratings than Blago got.  It's a disaster.

Anyway, Paterson is a goner because the public views him as incompetent (when black people I talk to say that he's incompetent - then you know for sure) and, well, even if he could overcome that, the economy in these parts is only going to get worse.

The only question is, in my mind, will it be another Democrat or a Republican.  If a Democrat, it's going to be more of a Democrat to the center I suspect, because with the budget that they're going to pass, Paterson has clearly allied himself with the more left-wing elements of the Democratic party, the unions and the WFP.

Of course, that makes him more likely to survive the primary.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/630339.html

What are your thoughts on Lazio's candidacy?  I have mine, but they're not very interesting.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »

Safe Anyone But Paterson.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »

My problem with Paterson (and the problem a lot of the people I talk to had with him) was that he wasn't sufficiently left-wing.

Hmm... I'm already talking about him in the past tense.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »

My problem with Paterson (and the problem a lot of the people I talk to had with him) was that he wasn't sufficiently left-wing.

He wasn't looney enough for you, eh?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »

What are your thoughts on Lazio's candidacy?  I have mine, but they're not very interesting.

So he's definitely in it? I'd prefer Rudy (and I'm sure he'll get out if Rudy runs) but I've always liked Lazio. I think he's been unfairly targetted, like another Rick I know... Tongue
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »

So he's definitely in it? I'd prefer Rudy (and I'm sure he'll get out if Rudy runs) but I've always liked Lazio. I think he's been unfairly targetted, like another Rick I know... Tongue

Walter wanted him to run for his old House Seat.....
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »

He wasn't looney enough for you, eh?

hardy har har, that was a good one.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 01:39:28 AM »

http://www.politickerny.com/2945/next-governor-lazio-will-headline-conservative-dinner

Lazio is certainly walking the walk, at least thus far
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies