You are supreme ruler...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:01:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  You are supreme ruler...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: You are supreme ruler...  (Read 4592 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 01:20:25 AM »

Pretty much what Afleitch said he'd do, actually.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 02:44:38 AM »

Hmmm, Supreme Ruler you say. Here are the things I can think of. (I'd try my best to do these things in my first day) Tongue

* A pro life amendment to the Constitution banning abortion in all cases, except to save the mother's life, would be added
* All federal gun laws would be done away with
* The EPA, BATF, DEA, DHS, and almost all cabinet positions would be eliminated
* Repeal the federal income tax
* A great many spending programs would get the ax too
* Start closing foreign military bases and bringing our troops back here
* Get out of the UN, WTO, WHO, NATO, and other international organizations as well
* Completely lift the embargo against Cuba and reestablish diplomatic ties with them
* Rebuild America's nuclear arsenal
* Make the military more efficient, but provide them with the most advanced weapons
* Throw a fence around the entire country and use the Border Patrol, the National Guard, and whoever to protect our borders and keep out the drug and weapons smugglers

Basically, I'd take the 10th Amendment to whatever budget proposal gets thrown at me. Tongue
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 02:48:22 AM »

* A pro life amendment to the Constitution banning abortion in all cases, except to save the mother's life, would be added

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lolwut
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »

5. Every now and then go on TV, start a game of Simon Says with the people, and randomly have my elite police force break into people's homes and execute those who do something when Simon didn't say to do it.
I'll rename my kids after you if you let me run the Simon Says Goon Squad.

I don't want your kids named after me. However, if you'll give your kids the names of cheeses, I will agree to this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »

Shredded Cheddar, American Cheese Product Slices, Swiss and Block'O Velveeta thank you.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »

lolwut

you're at -9.91 and favored criminalizing abortion when you were in a bad mood a few months ago.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »

Forgot to mention that I would also release all non-violent people from prison.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 11:03:25 PM »

lolwut

you're at -9.91 and favored criminalizing abortion when you were in a bad mood a few months ago.

When the Hell did this happen?

Read through my posts. I assure you that you'll find nothing of the sort.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 11:23:04 PM »

confused for for Boris sorry bro
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 11:31:07 PM »

lolwut

This is exactly why silly political quizzes/number games are...well...silly.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

I would just make myself ruler of Washington, Oregon and northern California. I would leave the rest of America to continue as they had been. The People's Republic of Cascadia would not be authoritarian in any sense of the word. I would make everything extremely secular and would cut military spending in large amounts. Gay marriage would be immediatley legalized and in the constitution there would be clauses talking about equal marriage rights and the ERA would also be included in the Cascadian constitution. There would be fairly high tax rates on the rich and moderate tax rates on businesses with low tax rates for the middle class and poor. Much of the taxes would go to the Cascadian Care System(CCS), and to huge infrastructure projects that are built to connect Seattle with San Fransisco with high speed rail under a nationalized railroad industry. The infrastructure projects would also include extentions to deal with the gentrification of all urban areas and to fund competing car companies to produce fuel efficent cars. Other than this pension plans would only exist for those living under a threshold and welfare would be fairly limited using new systems. There would also be large amounts of availibility for grants towards indie music labels and directors.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »

Throw out tariffs, abolish a ton of government departments/agencies/commissions (FCC, DHS, DEA, etc.), restore civil liberties (e.g. scale back patriot act), eliminate various idiotic ordinances, legalize victimless crimes (drugs, prostitution, etc.), reform welfare, crack down on illegal immigration, replace roads with public transportation, fire the Supreme Court, etc. Oh and line up a bunch of corporate execs against the wall.

Then I think I'd spend the majority of my time relaxing and delegate power elsewhere.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 11:25:08 PM »

Well first I'd start a party called something like the Revolutionary People's Party. Then the Party would take control of all media and establish a political machine that we'd use to control like 80% of seats in Parliament. I'd probably become PM and then appoint a figurehead President so I could take a break and do whatever I wanted (like host SNL) while I'd have someone else take over as PM. Probably let the opposition get something like 20% of seats in Parliament. Similiar to Egypt. Then I'd set up a network of secret police similar to described in "California Uber Alles", sort of a hipster/scene police. I'd even have special units with no purpose other than to enforce the ban on psuedo-emo fashion, shaving kids' heads, destroying their stupid Hot Topic clothes, etc., and probably the ban on metal music as well. My Chemical Romance and all similar bands would be forced into exile. Ralph Nader would possibly be "disappeared", though I'd rather just arrest and imprison him or also throw him into exile due to the abolishment of the death penalty.

Then I'd probably establish an ultra-liberal State Church so we could crack down on other churches, heavy crackdown on the Catholic Church, Southern Baptists, any fundies, etc. Scientology would be flat out outlawed. I'd legalize gay marriage everywhere but outlaw marriages that violate the half + 7 rule, the exception being heterosexual marriages where the female is older (This would be termed the "Cougar Clause".)

Then the national anthem would be changed to some indie/emo song, and I'd start personality cults around various "scene" heroes, we'd have a national holiday honoring Guy Picciotto for example. Probably Obama too, he'd sort of be held as a state hero like Simon Bolivar is in several South American countries. No doubt both Obama and Picciotto would end up on money. I'd use the powers of eminement domain to build lots and lots of strip clubs. I might even just for kicks have a building with two distinct parts: a strip club and a church of the state religion. This would also be the basis of my patronage system, people would be rewarded for loyalty and service to the regime by being granted ownership of strip clubs. And any attractive female illegal immigrants would have to work two years in one to earn citizenship. Obviously there would also be hordes of indie venues as well. State radio would blare scene music alongside the propaganda all day. It'd be like Enclave Radio on Fallout 3 except with scene music replacing the patriotic songs. Well actually, under this regime the scene music WOULD be the patriotic songs!

All private schools and colleges would be either shut down or nationalized. The only religious schools allowed would be those of the state religion (I guess current liberal Protestant schools could be converted into those) while Catholic and fundie schools are shut down. Secular private schools would be nationalized unless they were deemed too conservative in which case they would be shut down. Private education and homeschooling would be illegal.

Combating suburbia would be a top priority. High taxes would be imposed on suburbs making them effectively unlivable for anyone but the super-rich, who would end up being robbed of their assets. So suburbs would be converted into virtual ghettos, but then renovated to more urban architecure. Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac would be abolished, as would private homeownership for anyone but loyal supporters of the regime. Of course rent would be so heavily subsidized it'd be quite cheap, my current apartment is $550/month, this would be dropped to lower than $300. Of course tons of strip clubs would pop up in the former suburbs. Tons of middle-class families would see themselves forced from owning a McMansion in suburbia to living in an apartment in a dense urban neighborhood quite soon. Our cities would begin to resemble more Europe's. Exurbs and outer suburbs probably would be converted to large farming conglomerates, all nationalized.

Oh and the economic policy would be like Norway or something.

LOL I completely forgot I made this almost 12 year old post, but a thread that linked to it was just bumped, so...LOL.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2021, 04:13:15 AM »

All the posts by Republicans in here are just violently 2009.

It's easy to forget how much more pro-government both parties (but especially Republicans) have become during the 2010s.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies