The "Repair Our Wiki" Project! (R.O.W.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:20:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The "Repair Our Wiki" Project! (R.O.W.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: The "Repair Our Wiki" Project! (R.O.W.)  (Read 20223 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2009, 10:15:09 PM »

What the hell is the deal here? Do I need a separate account just to edit the Wiki? If so, do I need to e-mail Dave for access?

Yes, you do. You have a regular site account, right?

I'm posting here, right?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »

What the hell is the deal here? Do I need a separate account just to edit the Wiki? If so, do I need to e-mail Dave for access?

I'm posting here, right?

All you have to do is email/PM Dave with your account and he gets back to you after a bit with your username and a random password. It took me over a week or so to get him to respond though, so cross your fingers.

I'm surprised that you've been around for this long and didn't realize that you needed a separate account for Wiki access.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2009, 10:18:33 PM »

I'm surprised that you've been around for this long and didn't realize that you needed a separate account for Wiki access.

I never cared about the Wiki before. Actually, I don't care much about it now either.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2009, 10:22:16 PM »

I'm posting here, right?

All you have to do is email/PM Dave with your account and he gets back to you after a bit with your username and a random password. It took me over a week or so to get him to respond though, so cross your fingers.

You can get access without previously having a "rest of the site" account? Interesting, though that does make sense.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2009, 11:40:36 PM »

I edited the main page a bit, moving around some of the tables: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Main_Page

Thoughts? The flag/country info always goes on the right on the real Wikipedia, so I always thought it was a bit strange having it on the left... Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »

I like it. Will take some getting used to, but it's good to see people who know how to reformat stuff making it all look much better. Bravo to all.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »

I edited the main page a bit, moving around some of the tables: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Main_Page

Thoughts? The flag/country info always goes on the right on the real Wikipedia, so I always thought it was a bit strange having it on the left... Wink

I like it. Did you add the new section about the current presidential election?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2009, 11:57:44 PM »

The news section has always been there, I just moved it to the top. But yeah, I recently put in the part about the presidential election.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »

The news section has always been there, I just moved it to the top. But yeah, I recently put in the part about the presidential election.

Thank you, that is exactly what I meant.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2009, 12:12:48 AM »

Thank you, that is exactly what I meant.

By the way, it also seems as though the Social Democratic Party was removed from the Political Parties section (they merged with the JCP). Was that also a part of your edit?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2009, 12:16:36 AM »

Yes.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2009, 06:58:32 AM »

Thank you bgwah, it looks good.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2009, 04:24:48 PM »

Just letting everyone know that I have contacted Dave about a username and password for the Wiki. If I do not receive it within a few days, I will be launching an investigation into prominent elected officials around here. I believe Dave may have been pressured into ignoring my requests by some of my enemies.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »

Just letting everyone know that I have contacted Dave about a username and password for the Wiki. If I do not receive it within a few days, I will be launching an investigation into prominent elected officials around here. I believe Dave may have been pressured into ignoring my requests by some of my enemies.

It took him about two weeks to give him my username and password.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2009, 10:16:55 PM »

It took him about two weeks to give him my username and password.

Same for me.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »

Me and Dave are just tight like that. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2009, 04:17:09 AM »

This was long overdue: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Repair_Our_Wiki! Tongue

Also, I fixed a few errors on some of the recently wiki'd laws, moved all of the "-Bill" articles to "-Act" (I made the same mistake, Dan) and created a new category to slap onto things like ROW or Ben's organization, "Citizen Organizations," since "Media Sources" didn't really fit.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2009, 08:42:40 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel should added. My page should be updated reflecting that I founded it.

Also, MasterJedi's page is very out of date, it says he still holds his Mideast senate seat.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2009, 08:57:37 AM »

There are some laws missing the footer information on the bottom while others have a broken link. Using http://{FORUM} results in http://http//uselectionatlas.org . So if using that for a link, just use {FORUM} without http:// in front of it.

Of note, we have almost 300 laws listed.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »

fwiw, my page is farcical. I'm not offended, but I am surprised that the hackishness of the author was allowed to stand for so long.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »

The regions' pages need updating, particularly the Midwest's.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »

Vepres' page needs an update. Who preceded him as lieutenant governor of the Midwest?

Also yes, the Midwest page needs updating. The titles "ilikeverin" and "ican'tbelieveit'snotverin" are now defunct, right?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »

Vepres' page needs an update. Who preceded him as lieutenant governor of the Midwest?

The Lt. Governor list is out of date. I believe ilikeverin was the Lt. Governor before me.

Also yes, the Midwest page needs updating. The titles "ilikeverin" and "ican'tbelieveit'snotverin" are now defunct, right?

Yes. I would also like to say that the all the regions' pages are out of date (from what I've seen), including regional statute.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »

^ Meh, the Pacific's page is pretty up-to-date. It's missing a couple of pieces of legislation that I'll probably add eventually, but other than that is fine.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2009, 03:00:22 AM »

Anyway, does anyone think it might be fun to have a "page of the month" section on the main page, where we vote for an article that we deem to be of high quality to be displayed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies