Maffei (NY-25) Shotguns a Beer, Waffles on NAMBLA, Talks About Cocaine/Hookers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:30:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Maffei (NY-25) Shotguns a Beer, Waffles on NAMBLA, Talks About Cocaine/Hookers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maffei (NY-25) Shotguns a Beer, Waffles on NAMBLA, Talks About Cocaine/Hookers  (Read 1011 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0409/Better_Know_a_District.html

on Colbert last night.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »

Very Amusing.  I'm amazed someone from this area still possesses some sort of joy.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »

I love "Better Know a District"'s! His interview with Cynthia Lummis was hillarious. Except I can't watch Comedy Central videos with Canadian internet so I'll have to search hard for this one. Sad
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »

I love "Better Know a District"'s! His interview with Cynthia Lummis was hillarious. Except I can't watch Comedy Central videos with Canadian internet so I'll have to search hard for this one. Sad

Haha, I was rewatching that as I was reading the post.  He was calling her a Cougar as I read that.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 03:43:23 PM »

I can't believe that he hasn't heard of NAMBLA.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 06:23:27 PM »

I respect the dudes that play along.  Humor is a very good quality to have.

...and I agree, "Better Know a District" is one of the best recurring bits on TV.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »

I respect the dudes that play along.  Humor is a very good quality to have.

...and I agree, "Better Know a District" is one of the best recurring bits on TV.

for the life of me, I can't figure out why Congressmen go onto this segment that have no intention of making jokes (see the Maloney segment http://www.colbertnation.com/video/tag/Better+Know+a+District). 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:34:42 PM »

I KNOW!  That's what makes the segments so great.  If the guy plays along we get to hear Congressmen say some crazy sh**t.  If they don't play, we get to see Colbert make an ass out of them anyway.  It's a win/win for the audience.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »

I remember back in the day when the Daily Show would score interviews with people who didn't realize that the "Daily Show" was not a serious institute, but the Colbert Report has no such pretentions.  I mean, if you're going to be a stiff, why not just not appear on the show?  If you want to appear edgy or cool to young people, then frickin' do it.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »

The best one is obviously the one featuring the biggest FF in Congress. Robert "I do coke because it's fun" Wexler
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 03:50:27 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2009, 03:55:06 AM by Lunar »

here's a good example of someone that needs to figure out what he's doing on the show:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/83813/march-15-2007/better-know-a-district---illinois--17th---phil-hare

I just can't figure it out.  either you're going to try and appeal to the young white male audience, or you shouldn't bother with the show.  Straddling seems to place you in a lose-lose situation and doesn't help you with the audience with the show... just saw Pelosi tonight on Stewart and she looked really wide-eyed and odd
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 04:52:02 AM »

here's a good example of someone that needs to figure out what he's doing on the show:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/83813/march-15-2007/better-know-a-district---illinois--17th---phil-hare

I just can't figure it out.  either you're going to try and appeal to the young white male audience, or you shouldn't bother with the show.  Straddling seems to place you in a lose-lose situation and doesn't help you with the audience with the show... just saw Pelosi tonight on Stewart and she looked really wide-eyed and odd

Eleanor Holmes Norton is really the only one of them who can go arm-and-arm with Stephen
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2009, 04:21:06 PM by Lunar »

going back over his old series, for some reason a lot of stiffs from particularly moderate or Republican districts are disproportionately represented in these interviews...

just watched Brian Baird WA-3 blandly say "No, actually no" to a question asking him if he has feasted on human flesh before

as a side note, I don't believe any of the 50 people interviewed thus far by Colbert have ever been defeated
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »

Schock needs to appear on this show
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: