Does Einzige remind you of jmfcst?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:18:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does Einzige remind you of jmfcst?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Does Einzige remind you of jmfcst?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Does Einzige remind you of jmfcst?  (Read 3947 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:02:30 AM »

Both post long posts of bullsh!t that no one reads.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:12:24 AM »

and that's pretty much where the similarities end.

No.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:13:58 AM »

Well first I'd start a party called something like the Revolutionary People's Party. Then the Party would take control of all media and establish a political machine that we'd use to control like 80% of seats in Parliament. I'd probably become PM and then appoint a figurehead President so I could take a break and do whatever I wanted (like host SNL) while I'd have someone else take over as PM. Probably let the opposition get something like 20% of seats in Parliament. Similiar to Egypt. Then I'd set up a network of secret police similar to described in "California Uber Alles", sort of a hipster/scene police. I'd even have special units with no purpose other than to enforce the ban on psuedo-emo fashion, shaving kids' heads, destroying their stupid Hot Topic clothes, etc., and probably the ban on metal music as well. My Chemical Romance and all similar bands would be forced into exile. Ralph Nader would possibly be "disappeared", though I'd rather just arrest and imprison him or also throw him into exile due to the abolishment of the death penalty.

Then I'd probably establish an ultra-liberal State Church so we could crack down on other churches, heavy crackdown on the Catholic Church, Southern Baptists, any fundies, etc. Scientology would be flat out outlawed. I'd legalize gay marriage everywhere but outlaw marriages that violate the half + 7 rule, the exception being heterosexual marriages where the female is older (This would be termed the "Cougar Clause".)

Then the national anthem would be changed to some indie/emo song, and I'd start personality cults around various "scene" heroes, we'd have a national holiday honoring Guy Picciotto for example. Probably Obama too, he'd sort of be held as a state hero like Simon Bolivar is in several South American countries. No doubt both Obama and Picciotto would end up on money. I'd use the powers of eminement domain to build lots and lots of strip clubs. I might even just for kicks have a building with two distinct parts: a strip club and a church of the state religion. This would also be the basis of my patronage system, people would be rewarded for loyalty and service to the regime by being granted ownership of strip clubs. And any attractive female illegal immigrants would have to work two years in one to earn citizenship. Obviously there would also be hordes of indie venues as well. State radio would blare scene music alongside the propaganda all day. It'd be like Enclave Radio on Fallout 3 except with scene music replacing the patriotic songs. Well actually, under this regime the scene music WOULD be the patriotic songs!

All private schools and colleges would be either shut down or nationalized. The only religious schools allowed would be those of the state religion (I guess current liberal Protestant schools could be converted into those) while Catholic and fundie schools are shut down. Secular private schools would be nationalized unless they were deemed too conservative in which case they would be shut down. Private education and homeschooling would be illegal.

Combating suburbia would be a top priority. High taxes would be imposed on suburbs making them effectively unlivable for anyone but the super-rich, who would end up being robbed of their assets. So suburbs would be converted into virtual ghettos, but then renovated to more urban architecure. Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac would be abolished, as would private homeownership for anyone but loyal supporters of the regime. Of course rent would be so heavily subsidized it'd be quite cheap, my current apartment is $550/month, this would be dropped to lower than $300. Of course tons of strip clubs would pop up in the former suburbs. Tons of middle-class families would see themselves forced from owning a McMansion in suburbia to living in an apartment in a dense urban neighborhood quite soon. Our cities would begin to resemble more Europe's. Exurbs and outer suburbs probably would be converted to large farming conglomerates, all nationalized.

Oh and the economic policy would be like Norway or something.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 01:15:05 AM »

Only in the sense that they're both insane.  But I'd rather have jmfcst as President than Einzige.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 01:17:37 AM »

Only in the sense that they're both insane.  But I'd rather have jmfcst as President than Einzige.

What a horrible election!

"Whichever wins...you lose."
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 01:21:01 AM »

He makes you look good BRTD.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 01:21:12 AM »

Well first I'd start a party called something like the Revolutionary People's Party. Then the Party would take control of all media and establish a political machine that we'd use to control like 80% of seats in Parliament. I'd probably become PM and then appoint a figurehead President so I could take a break and do whatever I wanted (like host SNL) while I'd have someone else take over as PM. Probably let the opposition get something like 20% of seats in Parliament. Similiar to Egypt. Then I'd set up a network of secret police similar to described in "California Uber Alles", sort of a hipster/scene police. I'd even have special units with no purpose other than to enforce the ban on psuedo-emo fashion, shaving kids' heads, destroying their stupid Hot Topic clothes, etc., and probably the ban on metal music as well. My Chemical Romance and all similar bands would be forced into exile. Ralph Nader would possibly be "disappeared", though I'd rather just arrest and imprison him or also throw him into exile due to the abolishment of the death penalty.

Then I'd probably establish an ultra-liberal State Church so we could crack down on other churches, heavy crackdown on the Catholic Church, Southern Baptists, any fundies, etc. Scientology would be flat out outlawed. I'd legalize gay marriage everywhere but outlaw marriages that violate the half + 7 rule, the exception being heterosexual marriages where the female is older (This would be termed the "Cougar Clause".)

Then the national anthem would be changed to some indie/emo song, and I'd start personality cults around various "scene" heroes, we'd have a national holiday honoring Guy Picciotto for example. Probably Obama too, he'd sort of be held as a state hero like Simon Bolivar is in several South American countries. No doubt both Obama and Picciotto would end up on money. I'd use the powers of eminement domain to build lots and lots of strip clubs. I might even just for kicks have a building with two distinct parts: a strip club and a church of the state religion. This would also be the basis of my patronage system, people would be rewarded for loyalty and service to the regime by being granted ownership of strip clubs. And any attractive female illegal immigrants would have to work two years in one to earn citizenship. Obviously there would also be hordes of indie venues as well. State radio would blare scene music alongside the propaganda all day. It'd be like Enclave Radio on Fallout 3 except with scene music replacing the patriotic songs. Well actually, under this regime the scene music WOULD be the patriotic songs!

All private schools and colleges would be either shut down or nationalized. The only religious schools allowed would be those of the state religion (I guess current liberal Protestant schools could be converted into those) while Catholic and fundie schools are shut down. Secular private schools would be nationalized unless they were deemed too conservative in which case they would be shut down. Private education and homeschooling would be illegal.

Combating suburbia would be a top priority. High taxes would be imposed on suburbs making them effectively unlivable for anyone but the super-rich, who would end up being robbed of their assets. So suburbs would be converted into virtual ghettos, but then renovated to more urban architecure. Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac would be abolished, as would private homeownership for anyone but loyal supporters of the regime. Of course rent would be so heavily subsidized it'd be quite cheap, my current apartment is $550/month, this would be dropped to lower than $300. Of course tons of strip clubs would pop up in the former suburbs. Tons of middle-class families would see themselves forced from owning a McMansion in suburbia to living in an apartment in a dense urban neighborhood quite soon. Our cities would begin to resemble more Europe's. Exurbs and outer suburbs probably would be converted to large farming conglomerates, all nationalized.

Oh and the economic policy would be like Norway or something.

That made the Comedy Goldmine. Someone read it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:57 AM »

I almost posted it there myself despite not reading it, but I got beat to it
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 01:23:04 AM »

It's kind of like choosing between being shot in the head, or being shot in the heart.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 01:23:53 AM »

It's kind of like choosing between being shot in the head, or being shot in the heart.

which is which?

I suggest the latter
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 09:30:20 AM »

there is no way to confuse the two - jmfcst is very handsome, witty, and knows numerous lines from movies.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »

there is no way to confuse the two - jmfcst is very handsome, witty, and knows numerous lines from movies.

lol.

Both are extremists on religion, but if given the choice between secular tyrrany and religious tyrrany, I would choose the former. Einzige is also amusing at times. That said, jmfcst is more sensible on economics and less outright offensive that Einzige.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 10:18:56 AM »

lol.

Both are extremists on religion, but if given the choice between secular tyrrany and religious tyrrany, I would choose the former. Einzige is also amusing at times. That said, jmfcst is more sensible on economics and less outright offensive that Einzige.

I have never advocated religious tyranny.  Except for abortion, I'm pretty much status quo.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »

only in the way black reminds me of white
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 10:29:52 AM »

Einzige reminds me of a brain tumor - so frustrating, painful and seemingly impossible to deal with but if it ever goes away, it's the greatest relief in the world (except I really don't care too much if Einzige leaves. His anger and extremely corny insults are amusing).
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »

lol.

Both are extremists on religion, but if given the choice between secular tyranny and religious tyranny, I would choose the former. Einzige is also amusing at times. That said, jmfcst is more sensible on economics and less outright offensive that Einzige.

I have never advocated religious tyranny.  Except for abortion, I'm pretty much status quo.

True. That was more of a general statement. However, you are overwhelmingly defined by your biblical literalist views (as Einzige is defined by his antitheism), and if either of you were in a position of power, these facts would inevitably influence your decisions. It may not be tyranny per se, as that was essentially a reducio ad absurdum, but the point stands.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:47 AM »

However, you are overwhelmingly defined by your biblical literalist views (as Einzige is defined by his antitheism)

Well, Einzige may be lagging behind the jmfcst curve for now, but in a very short time, Einzige will believe in Jesus Christ as much as I do, and even more:

“God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Phil 2:9-11)

Christ Jesus makes the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price of a paperclip. God picks that rabbit out of the hat while everybody wonders how the heck he did it. You're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you, buddy? It's the free-will will-of-God, and you're part of it. So is Einzige. 

Yeah. Einzige may think he has that killer instinct. But, stick around.  God still got a lot to teach him.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 11:46:08 AM »

True. That was more of a general statement. However, you are overwhelmingly defined by your biblical literalist views

and predicting the Palin VP selection before any of us saw that truck remotely on the highway
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »

Einzige's alright. Sure, he's a little wacky, but at least he's entertaining.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 12:25:45 PM »

I generally try to read Einzige's posts. He has a way with language. His only real problem is that he probably cares too much.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 12:27:59 PM »

I generally try to read Einzige's posts. He has a way with language. His only real problem is that he probably cares too much.

Did you read this?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=94689.msg1963512#msg1963512
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 12:31:08 PM »

^^^^^

He's probably overeducated aswell. But I'm like that too; except I don't think Max Stirner if someone worth basing one's ideas on.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »

Did you read this?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=94689.msg1963512#msg1963512

I did now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »

You made it through that whole post? I couldn't make through the first paragraph. More unreadable than ANYTHING I had to read in college.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 01:28:11 PM »

True. That was more of a general statement. However, you are overwhelmingly defined by your biblical literalist views

and predicting the Palin VP selection before any of us saw that truck remotely on the highway

Yet another example of my violating one of my fundamental dictums: Democrats shouldn't try to predict internal Republican struggles and vice versa.  Of course, we DO, but we tend to be wrong.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies