Repeal of the Illegal Immigrant Act (Awaiting Presidential Signature/Veto) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:47:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Repeal of the Illegal Immigrant Act (Awaiting Presidential Signature/Veto) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Repeal of the Illegal Immigrant Act (Awaiting Presidential Signature/Veto)  (Read 8914 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: May 02, 2009, 10:39:50 AM »

I prefer the original act.

veto

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »

I prefer the original act.

veto

Amazing....you bothered to come veto a bill that didn't pass anyway because the next Senate has already begun. Congratulations.

Well I'm terribly sorry, oh great Franzl. Perhaps I misunderstood (or was reading something out of date on the Wiki: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Current_Senate_Rules%2C_Regulations%2C_and_Procedures#Article_9:_Transitionary_Arrangements)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:10:20 AM »

Look, I've just been aggrevated because you haven't been doing anything really as President, you don't bother to sign things, veto things unless I or someone else pm's you.....you failed to respond or act on both of my messages requesting an explanation concerning your veto on the middle east act.

What the heck is going on?

Hey, nobody reminded me this time! Tongue

But often the thread title will say something like "In debate" or "voting on cloture" and I assume my presence is not yet required. Not to say that I haven't been a few days late several times. Plus, when Lewis was PPT during my first term he kept sending me PMs immediately after a bill was passed, so perhaps I was spoiled in that regard... Smiley

And I am not required to offer an explanation when I veto something. If I do not, it's probably safe to say I agreed with the dissenting Senators' opinion. But I will try to at least offer a short explanation from now on if it means that much to you... Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies