how would tv/movie characters vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:53:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  how would tv/movie characters vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how would tv/movie characters vote  (Read 2054 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:15:14 PM »

I'll start with workaholics:

Ders: considering his background, I would say lean Romney
Adam: probably doesn't vote but maybe Gary Johnson
Blake: see Adam
Alice: sort of strikes me as an uber feminist type so I would say likely Obama
Jillian: doesn't vote.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »

Franklin and Bash -

Peter Bash - white male, but also single and lives in blue county in blue state. Also a trial lawyer. Probably lean dem.

Jared Franklin - see Peter Bash

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »

The Dark Knight Rises:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Romney
Bane: Obama
Selina Kyle: Obama
Blake: Obama
Gordon: Romney
Fox: Romney
Alfred: Romney
Tate: Obama
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »

This should be in the fictional characters thread, same thing.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »

The Dark Knight Rises:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Romney Helps people in need, Obama
Bane: Obama Romney
Gordon: Romney member of a union and is a public sector worker, Obama
Fox: Romney Old black guy, definitely Obama
Alfred: Romney Swing Voter

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

The Dark Knight Rises:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Romney Helps people in need, Obama
Bane: Obama Romney
Gordon: Romney member of a union and is a public sector worker, Obama
Fox: Romney Old black guy, definitely Obama
Alfred: Romney Swing Voter

Okay you two. Let's not get overly hackish. There are a variety of different factors that can determine one's vote, so let's not pretend that we're the great political mind readers of fictional characters of our generation.

My own view:
Bruce Wayne: Public persona is he doesn't vote, his private persona probably has no interest in voting. Might go absentee. Probably focuses on local races if he votes for anything.
Bane: This guy isn't a US citizen, first of all, and second of all he has no interest in seeing the American electoral process work. This fucker ain't voting.
Selina Kyle: If she votes, then it's for some strange third partier or for Obama.
Gordon: Like I said, multiple factors at work here. God knows what his personal--and thus policy--views are on a buncha shit.
Fox: Eh, I'll defer to Clinton'96 and just say Obama for the heck of it.
Alfred: Here's an interesting one. He's naturally patriarchial and thus if he were a liberal, I think he'd be the type our very own Nathan looks up to. "Traditional". A good example was when Nathan was talking about Rep. Silvio Conte (R-MA) in a thread on Western Massachusetts. Overall, I think he has sort of a traditionalist world view, coupled with a sort of "Gospel of Wealth" mentality that was prevalent among rich do-gooders of the Gilded Age. However, very little of that can translate into actual political philosophy, so we're left once again at square one.

Second of all, people, realize that we have a thread for this. C'mon BaconKing, we're relying on you to correct there errors.

As for Workaholics, these guys don't vote. I mean really. Look at them. You think those guys are gonna waste precious seconds of their lives that they could spend stoned/drunk/having fun/etc. to go fill out a ballot at a crowded polling place? The only one with any political inclinations is Ders due to being the most serious of them all and himself planning a run for City Council someday. He's also the only one that's vaguely right-wing, though he'd probably go Obama as well.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:08:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't watch the show at all, but from this I can say they'd do it for Gary Johnson Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't watch the show at all, but from this I can say they'd do it for Gary Johnson Wink

These guys aren't rugged individualists. For the most part, their instincts are towards freeloading, FYI. Tongue
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2012, 06:17:16 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

I did a post on the fictional characters thread like this.  Here's my list for My Life as a Teenage Robot (MLAATR): from that thread:

Jenny: Probably lean Romney (tough on crime, pro-defense spending, pro-driling and pro-gun rights), but too young to vote.  I could still see her supporting Obama though (young and charismatic, plus problems and dissent with Skyway Patrol might swing her that way.)
Brad: Swing voter, but too young to vote.  Probably Romney (support Skyway Patrol), but might be inclined to support Gary Johnson (or Ron Paul in the primary.)
Tuck: Too young to vote, but probably wouldn't anyway.
Sheldon: Too young to vote, but a nerdy white guy, so I'd guess Obama.  (And probably would've supported Gingrich for the Republican nomination.)  However, I could see him supporting Gary Johnson for the same reason.
Mrs. Wakeman: Definitely old enough to vote, and probably a swing voter because she would probably support more defense spending (Romney) but a single mother (albeit an older, probably widowed, one) and worries that Republicans are too "anti-science" (Obama for both: "restore science to its rightful place.")
Brit and Tiff (the Crust Cousins)Sad Too young to vote, but almost certainly Obama, since he is the cool, hip, "popular" candidate.
Misty: Swing voter but lean Romney since she's a ninja (tough on crime), but is also an alien and too young thus ineligible.
Vega: Same as Misty, only she's also a robot and would probably support Romney for different reasons (less government intrusion -- important since she originally came from an oppressive monarchy under her mother, Queen Vexus, and also because Romney is more pro-drilling.)
Melody: Swing voter--could see her going either way.
Pteresa: See Brit and Tiff.

All of them except Mrs. Wakeman would be too young to vote, but they could still support a candidate, right?  BTW: this in only for 2012.  Other years (2004, 2008, etc.) might be different, but this is for this year.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 08:30:36 PM »

My list from Swamp People (not sure if we're doing reality shows), keep in mind they're all hunters = pro-gun

Troy Landry: Romney, likely supported Jindal if he'd run (obviously pro-gun, anti-government, traditionalist)
Jacob Landry: I think he's old enough to vote, lean Romney (see his father's description)
Junior Edwards: Likely a Romney supporter, but probably so anti-government he doesn't vote, and if he does maybe votes for Johnson (hardcore traditionalist, etc)
Willy Edwards: Acts like a pothead = Johnson
Randy Edwards: might be too young to vote, but lean Romney (traditionalist, mild-mannered, noncommittal)
RJ Molinere: Romney or Johnson (hardcore traditionalist, pro-God, pro-gun, pro-life)
Jay Paul Molinere: Romney or Johnson (same as his daddy)
Liz: I can see her going either way, probably a Hill supporter though (bad-ass women with lots of balls trying to get ahead in a mans career)
Chrissy: see Liz.
Brothers that look like Santa Clause on heroine (I forget their names): Johnson.  Likely druggys, hardcore traditionalist
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 11:28:44 PM »

Donnie Darko:

Donnie - Obama
Gretchen - Obama
Rose (Donnie's mother) - Seemed to be anti-Dukakis in that dinner table political conversation at the beginning of the movie, but didn't get on well with the fundamentalist teacher. Lean Obama.
Eddie (Donnie's father) - Romney without much enthusiasm. Despite his apparently staunch support of Bush Sr., he wasn't a fan of that fundamentalist teacher either.
Dr. Thurman - Obama
Elizabeth Darko (Donnie's older sister) - Staunch supporter of Dukakis. Obama.
Sam Darko (Donnie's younger sister) - Obama
Kitty Farmer (the fundamentalist teacher) - Write-in: Bachmann
Jim Cunningham (the preacher) - As above

Those two youngish teachers would obviously be Obama supporters, and most of the rest of the characters would be too (or apolitical perhaps).
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »

True Blood

Sookie: 2008 Huckabee, 2012 Romney
Bill: Gary Johnson
Jason: Romney
Tara: Obama
Lafayette: Obama
Eric: Gary Johnson
Andy B: Romney
Arlene: Romney
Sam: Obama
Jessica: Obama
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:46 AM »

Roseanne

Roseanne: Herself or Obama.
Dan: Obama
Becky: Obama
Darlene: Stein or Anderson
DJ: Romney
Jackie: Romney
David: See Darlene
Mark: Obama
Beverly: Staunch Romney
Nana Mary: Obama
LeoN: Obama
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 09:14:30 AM »

The workaholics guys probably don't even know who's president. Ders probably comes from a Republican family so I'd say he's in the middle due to the equal pulls from his family background and his current lifestyle. Adam and Blake will probably write in Jay Z.

Montez is definitely a big Obama supporter
Jillian probably supports Obama but was a big time Hillary girl in 2008
Alice supports the American Nazi Party
Homegirl is dead but probably supported Nader
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »

The workaholics guys probably don't even know who's president. Ders probably comes from a Republican family so I'd say he's in the middle due to the equal pulls from his family background and his current lifestyle. Adam and Blake will probably write in Jay Z.

Montez is definitely a big Obama supporter
Jillian probably supports Obama but was a big time Hillary girl in 2008
Alice supports the American Nazi Party
Homegirl is dead but probably supported Nader
Jillian voted for Bush Wink

(If you did not see the pool party episode, you wouldn't get it)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies