Confederacy wins war (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:37:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Confederacy wins war (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you following this TL ?
Yes (like it)

Yes (don't like it)

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Confederacy wins war  (Read 21150 times)
cpeeks
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:38:17 AM »

Very Good!!!!!!!1
cpeeks
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:16 AM »

Very good however there are some things I would like to point out. There would have never been a whig party, no way the democratic party would have evaporated in the south, and the confederate costitituon called for one six year term for the president so Jeff Davis would not have been there in 1874.
cpeeks
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »

Very good however there are some things I would like to point out. There would have never been a whig party, no way the democratic party would have evaporated in the south, and the confederate costitituon called for one six year term for the president so Jeff Davis would not have been there in 1874.

Well, the Confederat Whig party wasn't especially related with the former (and already dead at the time) whig party. As for the democratic party, since everyone in the South was a democrat, it would have made no sense to let it in that State. I didn't want the Confederacy to become a one-party State (at least not immediately).

Also, the Confederacy had a new Constitutional Convention after the war, and the Constitution which emerged was different than the initial one (everything is explained in the TL).

Well the confederacy also was based on states rights so I dont see a national union party, and no democratic party, but still its very interesting to see someone write of  hypothetical confederate politics. Very good keep it up!!!!!!
cpeeks
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:52:32 PM »

I am really enjoying this!!!!!!! And Derek I think slavery would have been over by the 1880's, 1890's and the latest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies