Beck has done it again...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:46:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Beck has done it again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Beck has done it again...  (Read 3587 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »

Beck is becoming more and more ridiculous by the day.  Amen to all of Phil's comments.  Rowan please grow a pair and get some patriotism for the USA please kthx.

Actually, I love my country too much to see it being pissed away right now. That's why people are getting fed up, because they love this county.

Ok well they typically don't advocate for a "liberal country and conservative country" which would...you know...literally divide the country.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »

You know, although I generally disagree with you, I consider you to be a fairly reasonable guy. There is no reason to try to give credence to this type of lunacy. This Beck fellow is a stand-up comedian for a reason.

This statement is fact, or at least what I remembered as fact or a presumption that I would make about what the Founders' believed through my own reading (with the natural caveat of the Civil War).  I'm sorry that I had to respond to the subject of the thread here.  Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can understand why you might think the part below is nuts.  A year ago, I would have agreed.  Now, it isn't.  I have made posts on this forum, however indirect, that explain why.  Simply put, without getting technical, I am viewing a major economic event horizon in the near future that signals that what is occurring not merely a crisis or a severe downturn, but an actual implosion of the economic kind that will naturally result in a political implosion as well.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The last two sentences are just to taunt and annoy.  I think you know me well enough to see that.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 01:24:16 AM »

I've been reading this on some other sites, but can Texas legally secede? I heard it was a condition of the treaty they signed to become a state. Does anyone here know?

There has long been a theory that since Texas was ratified as a state without some of the proper Constitutional procedure, it is not a state.  I remember the Republic of Texas people about 10 years ago...

It cannot, however, legally secede.

Every state holds the right of secession, as a last resort o/c.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 01:43:13 AM »

I've been reading this on some other sites, but can Texas legally secede? I heard it was a condition of the treaty they signed to become a state. Does anyone here know?

There has long been a theory that since Texas was ratified as a state without some of the proper Constitutional procedure, it is not a state.  I remember the Republic of Texas people about 10 years ago...

It cannot, however, legally secede.

Nope
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2009, 01:47:01 AM »

The states formed the federal govt, not vice versa. Go take a history lesson. Maybe our forum professor Einzege can teach you something.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2009, 02:32:17 AM »

The states formed the federal govt, not vice versa. Go take a history lesson. Maybe our forum professor Einzege can teach you something.

They most certainly did not: individual legislators from the several States formed the Federal government. If Illinois attempted to secede, I'd firebomb the governor's mansion.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »

Nope. We fought a war over that, and your argument lost.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies