Opinion of these lyrics (Obama shout out)?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:42:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of these lyrics (Obama shout out)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you approve or disapprove of these lyrics?
Approve

Disapprove

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Opinion of these lyrics (Obama shout out)?  (Read 1491 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »

http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=3&id=1030245

And I leave ya spit clean, I don't use no polisher
Demolition man, tell your friends I demolish ya
Plus I'm that nigga, baby I could make you popular
So get another shot of that Ciroc in ya
Cos I'm gon' be rockin' ya 
Treat you like the first lady
I'll put my Barack in ya

Despite my feelings for the President, these lyrics are great. Purple heart Juelz Santana
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »

Juelz was the first rapper to include an Obama reference in his lyrics.  From his "Black Republican" remix with Lil Wayne like a year and a half ago...

I'm like a black Republican.  Nah, I can't call it...
More like a black Democrat runnin' em out of office.
Young Baracka Obama, I'm all for it.
The Rock of Gibraltar has now fallen.

Obama-centric lyrics have become tiresome, but some rappers continue to do it.  In the new Maino song "All the Above", he says something like:

When I think that I can't, I envision Obama.

In the video, he raises a black bandana in the air, like some sign of revolution.

Though, in the same song he says:

The new Benz is all white, call it John McCain

which is somewhat clever.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »

Juelz was the first rapper to include an Obama reference in his lyrics.  From his "Black Republican" remix with Lil Wayne like a year and a half ago...

I'm like a black Republican.  Nah, I can't call it...
More like a black Democrat runnin' em out of office.
Young Baracka Obama, I'm all for it.
The Rock of Gibraltar has now fallen.

Obama-centric lyrics have become tiresome, but some rappers continue to do it.  In the new Maino song "All the Above", he says something like:

When I think that I can't, I envision Obama.

In the video, he raises a black bandana in the air, like some sign of revolution.

Though, in the same song he says:

The new Benz is all white, call it John McCain

which is somewhat clever.

Nope  It was Common in 2004, in a song he did with Jadakiss, Styles P and Nas as a remix to Jadakiss's "Why"

"Why is Bush acting like he trying to get Osama?/Why don't we impeach him and elect Obama?" - Common
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:09:39 PM »

"The new Benz is all white, call it John McCain"

Racist much?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 12:12:58 AM »

Nope  It was Common in 2004, in a song he did with Jadakiss, Styles P and Nas as a remix to Jadakiss's "Why"

"Why is Bush acting like he trying to get Osama?/Why don't we impeach him and elect Obama?" - Common

sh**t.  I can't believe I forgot that.  I guess I tried to put that song out of my mind b/c I was so tight about Jada's "Why did Bush knock down the Towers?" line.  I actually swore I would never listen to any of Jada's stuff anymore (that lasted about a week Tongue). 

Then, when the remix came out and I heard Common's line, I was like "Common's an idiot and knows nothing about politics.  Like we would ever elect this guy Obama."

Now who's the idiot.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:15:58 AM »

sh**t.  I can't believe I forgot that.  I guess I tried to put that song out of my mind b/c I was so tight about Jada's "Why did Bush knock down the Towers?" line.  I actually swore I would never listen to any of Jada's stuff anymore (that lasted about a week Tongue). 

Then, when the remix came out and I heard Common's line, I was like "Common's an idiot and knows nothing about politics.  Like we would ever elect this guy Obama."

Now who's the idiot.

Even if you disagree with him politically, Common is one of the most intellectual rappers out there (or from any genre period).

I was pissed at jadakiss also awhile back (though for a different reason).  Back when I was a Soph out @ Stony Brook (fall 01) jadakiss was suppose to perform.   He never showed up and it was just Flex spinning which was pretty cool, but no Jada.  But he is too till to stay pissed off at.  Benzino attempted to rap, failed and we booed his ass off the stage.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »

Even if you disagree with him politically, Common is one of the most intellectual rappers out there (or from any genre period).

Absolutely.  I definitely underestimated his intellect when I heard that Obama line. Tongue

He's also an awesome live performer (a lot of rappers aren't).  I was at a pool party at the Shelbourne Hotel in Miami last year, and Common performed live.  He sounded just like he does on the radio.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Can't blame you for being pissed. 

Flex is a good DJ.  I heard him spin at Spa like 7 years ago.  He talks too much, though.   My favorite DJ is Camillo.  I heard him a bunch of times in clubs. 

And yeah, Benzino is garbage. 

Who else have you seen live?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

Absolutely.  I definitely underestimated his intellect when I heard that Obama line. Tongue

He's also an awesome live performer (a lot of rappers aren't).  I was at a pool party at the Shelbourne Hotel in Miami last year, and Common performed live.  He sounded just like he does on the radio.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Can't blame you for being pissed. 

Flex is a good DJ.  I heard him spin at Spa like 7 years ago.  He talks too much, though.   My favorite DJ is Camillo.  I heard him a bunch of times in clubs. 

And yeah, Benzino is garbage. 

Who else have you seen live?

That is pretty much it, other than seeing some DJ's spin.  Camillo is great also.  I had a chance to see kanye live a few years ago, but didn't go for some stupid ass reason.  Also had a chance to see wu-Tang live @ the Meadowlands (the night before ODB died), but I got out of work too late
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies