Opinion of opebo?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:29:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of opebo?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of opebo?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Opinion of opebo?  (Read 8315 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »

...all I can think about when I see his avater is my hatrid for the Tigers.

At first I thought perhaps 'hatrid' was a unique emotion experienced only by your good self, but then I noticed you also referred to an 'avater'.  So perhaps you're just an ignorant.

Wow, I misspelled couple of words. I'm human, everyone does. That's called a screw-up, not ignorant. And it's hypocritical of you to call me ignorant for misspelling a word, because you've done it plenty of times yourself.

He generally does it purposefully though.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 02:53:54 PM »

Highly intelligent in reasoning, erudite in expression and commendable in his passion for social justice.  I do wish I could persuade him to see the beauty and goodness in America, despite what obviously ails us as a nation.  But I hope voices like his are never quashed or silenced.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 01:59:24 AM »

Highly intelligent in reasoning, erudite in expression and commendable in his passion for social justice.  I do wish I could persuade him to see the beauty and goodness in America, despite what obviously ails us as a nation.  But I hope voices like his are never quashed or silenced.

Thanks, appreciate that.  I always try to avoid getting quashed.  But I supposed we're all quashed in the end.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »

What about his support of cop killers and his unabashed support for NAMBLA. Certainly noble causes, huh?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 09:09:24 AM »

I think he is due for another character change.  I'm rooting for self absorbed, fundamentalist Shinto (Shintoist?).  Maybe Taoism.  Something Asia but far outside most mainstreams.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 09:11:07 AM »

I think he is due for another character change.  I'm rooting for self absorbed, fundamentalist Shinto (Shintoist?).  Maybe Taoism.  Something Asia but far outside most mainstreams.

Maybe he should swing back and become a conservative again.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »

Nah, he has been down that road before.  He needs to try on a new hat.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 10:08:03 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2009, 10:11:01 AM by Mint »

He could try on anarcho-racism for size. Stark needs company and he already said he's not too comfortable with the blacks...
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »

He could try on anarcho-racism for size. Stark needs company and he already said he's not too comfortable with the blacks...

I got the impression he wasn't that comfortable with ANYONE.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »

Well, considering his propensity to believe that literally everyone in the world is like him, he'd start saying we're all Nazis at the root. Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »

he'd start saying we're all Nazis at the root. Smiley

doesn't he already?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »

Yeah, he basically said that in the Hitler thread.

Wasn't he more a libertarian than a conservative even when he was a Republican though?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »

I think he said some pretty pro-Apartheid statements back in 2004. lol.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »

I think he said some pretty pro-Apartheid statements back in 2004. lol.

And some very pro-American ones too, interestingly, given his now hatred of the country.

Also, given his current view on morality, I found it very amusing that he used to love the fact that the USA, alone among all nations, was founded and based on moral principle (as opposed to a common culture, I believe). If I had the time and energy to dig up old threads just to laugh at someone like some folks do, I'd go back and bump them.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 07:51:58 PM »

Yeah, he basically said that in the Hitler thread.

Wasn't he more a libertarian than a conservative even when he was a Republican though?

Yeah, he was, but he still enjoyed the fact that conservative positions on social issues duped the masses into voting the way he wanted.

My guess is that he used to consider himself and his family "rich" but something happened causing their financial situation to take a hit, thus prompting his change of parties. All his other advocacy and positions thusly also changed to fulfill the Machiavellian purpose of electing those whom he perceives as serving his interests.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 10:49:22 PM »

My guess is that he used to consider himself and his family "rich" but something happened causing their financial situation to take a hit, thus prompting his change of parties. All his other advocacy and positions thusly also changed to fulfill the Machiavellian purpose of electing those whom he perceives as serving his interests.

Pretty correct there, Num, though they're still quite well off (though the depression has effected certain aspects).  The difference was I just finally had to go to work, partly because they reduced my access to an allowance.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 11:44:57 PM »

I agree with some of opebo's politics and his analysis is needed to have a balanced forum. Every place needs its token communist and opebo provides this for us very well. Not to mention he is pretty hilarious. There is something funny about his insults and phrases he uses.

So total FF.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 07:23:50 PM »

Aside from being a pawn of the international leftist consortium, he's ok.

He is neither a freedom fighter nor a horrible person.

He does, however, most definitely like attention.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 03:51:57 PM »

HP with some really dangerous ideas.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 05:33:06 AM »

He also applauded Pinochet for killing communists.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 11:57:22 AM »

He also applauded Pinochet for killing communists.

Yeah, and he hasn't changed any. Roll Eyes
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »

No I still think Pinochet was good at killing communists.  Of course now that I'm one I don't reall support it, but if you're into communist-killing Pinochet was your man.

You know I was just over in the 'what are you listening to now' thread, and far be it from me to cry out for attention (but if I were going to do it I guess this my thread would be the one to do it in), but I was just wondering, does anyone ever click on the obscure stuff I post youtube links to on there?

I don't know why I do it, but I just love looking at weird old music on youtube and then sharing it, but maybe no body finds any of that stuff interesting.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »

Yeah, it's not as if people shouldn't be given second chances. It would indeed be absurd to advocate, say, killing people on the spot for supporting something evil once upon a time. Certainly not something a reasonable person would even consider, right?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2009, 06:01:47 PM »

He does have a better understanding of economics than a lot of people here, I'll give him that.

On a personal level, he's self-absorbed to an absurd degree, of course, which I find thoroughly repulsive. I blame his parents for that. I can understand why he'd hate them, given what they did to him in making him what he is.

I also pity the fact that he's never made love to a woman. But there is always hope for everyone.

My thoughts almost exactly.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2009, 08:53:05 PM by Storebought »

I will comment on Nym's statement that the querant understand economics.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not quite. He understands the behavior and mores of the underclass poor, whose financial situation he assesses fairly well. He is also keen enough to understand that their exploitation lies at the hands of his slumlord parents. But for some reason, he then projects the condition of the tenants of the St Louis slums onto "the workers," which he presumes constitute 80%+ of the population of the entire country, and the abuses of his idle absentee landlord parents onto an "owning class" that makes up half of the remainder. It's the extrapolation of the uncontested evils of tenement economics onto the rest of society that makes his judgements so absurd. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies