Opinion of opebo?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:12:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of opebo?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of opebo?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Opinion of opebo?  (Read 8280 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 11:27:04 PM »

Still haven't voted.  Wouldn't even know where to start.  He's both very intelligent and insightful.  On the other hand, he's unpleasantly hedonistic and is pessimistic to the point of nihilism (which goes hand-in-hand with the hedonism).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 11:30:24 PM »

Still haven't voted.  Wouldn't even know where to start.  He's both very intelligent and insightful.  On the other hand, he's unpleasantly hedonistic and is pessimistic to the point of nihilism (which goes hand-in-hand with the hedonism).

Why do hedonism and nihilism go hand in hand?  It is an interesting thought, and if you would, I would appreciate you expanding on it. I am not sure I see the connection. I guess understanding precisely what hedonism means in your mind when you used the word would help. Thanks.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »

Why do hedonism and nihilism go hand in hand?  It is an interesting thought, and if you would, I would appreciate you expanding on it. I am not sure I see the connection. I guess understanding precisely what hedonism means in your mind when you used the word would help. Thanks.

Simply, the way I read opebo's belief system is something like: "The rich oppress the poor, the strong oppress the weak.  This is a fundamental fact of nature.  I can do nothing to change this.  I, thanks to my birthright, am rich and powerful, especially by Thai standards.  I must go about exploiting this power as much as I can by oppressing the poor and the weak to my benefit as much as possible."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »

Ya, but not all hedonists believe that sort of thing do they Mikado?  I posed the question, because I have certain hedonistic tendencies myself (probably more than average), but I am pretty confident no one would characterize me as a nihilist. Thus the comment caught my attention. Smiley
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 11:44:22 PM »

Ya, but not all hedonists believe that sort of thing do they Mikado?  I posed the question, because I have certain hedonistic tendencies myself (probably more than average), but I am pretty confident no one would characterize me as a nihilist. Thus the comment caught my attention. Smiley

Well, I was starting from the assumption that nihilism--->hedonism, not vice versa.  I don't know many chaste, straight-arrow nihilists.  But point taken.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2009, 12:08:51 AM »

Well, I was starting from the assumption that nihilism--->hedonism, not vice versa.  I don't know many chaste, straight-arrow nihilists.  But point taken.

Ya, I agree on your lessor included point I think more or less, having thought about it. Thanks.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2009, 08:19:37 AM »

I will comment on Nym's statement that the querant understand economics.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not quite. He understands the behavior and mores of the underclass poor, whose financial situation he assesses fairly well. He is also keen enough to understand that their exploitation lies at the hands of his slumlord parents. But for some reason, he then projects the condition of the tenants of the St Louis slums onto "the workers," which he presumes constitute 80%+ of the population of the entire country, and the abuses of his idle absentee landlord parents onto an "owning class" that makes up half of the remainder. It's the extrapolation of the uncontested evils of tenement economics onto the rest of society that makes his judgements so absurd. 

Not really, storebought.  The system works precisely the same at the slightly different levels of workerdom to which you refer.  Its just that it is less obvious above the slum level. 
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2009, 09:30:15 PM »

One of the most orgasmic posters to ever grace this forum.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

If not the heart of the forum, an important organ of some sort. The brain perhaps.

Who gets to be the forum Johnson?

OPEBO!
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2009, 09:35:41 PM »

I think he is due for another character change.  I'm rooting for self absorbed, fundamentalist Shinto (Shintoist?).  Maybe Taoism.  Something Asia but far outside most mainstreams.

Maybe he should swing back and become a conservative again.
He could try on anarcho-racism for size. Stark needs company and he already said he's not too comfortable with the blacks...

Sounds like a GREAT idea!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2009, 04:34:46 AM »

He could try on anarcho-racism for size. Stark needs company and he already said he's not too comfortable with the blacks...

Sounds like a GREAT idea!

But I prefer Asian girls to White girls, Stark.. is that acceptable?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

Epic super-FF
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »

BUMP

Since we're big into the "Opinion of....." threads and I didnt post in this one why not bump it.

I voted FF for a lot of the reasons JS noted.  Horrible politics aside he's probably a good guy in real life.

His opebo-isms have changed the way most of us talk too.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2009, 02:25:28 PM »

Insane politics, but he lives in friggin Thailand and gets tons of young booty.

Mega Epic Freedom Fighter on that fact alone.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2009, 03:48:45 PM »

Insane politics, but he lives in friggin Thailand and gets pays for tons of young booty.

Fixed, my friend.  Wink
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »

Yeah, its amazing men in America spend at least a thousand dollars to bang 40 yr old chicks at the Bunny ranch when they could spend that on a plane ticket to Thailand. Opebo claims he could get 18 yr olds there though he is probably just picking that age in case the FBI is checking out to see what he is up to in Thailand and than arrest him if he tries to return to the US. The legal age is 15 in Thailand but there is an 18 year old limit for any sexual act that involves any exchange of money. Also it is a US Federal crime to go overseas with the purpose to have sex with anyone under the age of 18.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »

It says a lot about this forum when Opebo (of all people) has a higher approval rating than I do... 
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »

It says a lot about this forum when Opebo (of all people) has a higher approval rating than I do... 

FF forum.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2009, 06:54:25 AM »

Yeah, its amazing men in America spend at least a thousand dollars to bang 40 yr old chicks at the Bunny ranch when they could spend that on a plane ticket to Thailand. Opebo claims he could get 18 yr olds there though he is probably just picking that age in case the FBI is checking out to see what he is up to in Thailand and than arrest him if he tries to return to the US. The legal age is 15 in Thailand but there is an 18 year old limit for any sexual act that involves any exchange of money. Also it is a US Federal crime to go overseas with the purpose to have sex with anyone under the age of 18.

Actually 18-19 is somewhat rare in the biz, and under eighteen, while it does exist, is very, very rare.. needle in a haystack; not to mention highly unlikely to be available to the foreigner.  In Thailand all the 'best stuff' is reserved for the rich Thai men, simply because Thai girls naturally prefer their own (they're cleaner and far, far less demanding than the foreign barbarian).

But if you are happy with 20-30 years old, there is a wealth of opportunity, and the 30-40 age range are positively desperate for a customer.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »

FF forum.

...says the troll.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »

Opebo has been pretty decent to me and I don't have any personal issue or disagreement with him. So FF.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2009, 06:20:52 PM »

FF
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2009, 09:20:02 PM »

I was wrong there actually are some 18 year old chicks at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch. I may have to take a trip up there one of these days.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2009, 09:58:05 PM »

Neither, just a sad loser.  I pity opebo above all else.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »

I'm going to go bi-partisan here and vote FF.

He's funny. But his views are...... so bad that I can't even explain it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies