Far right mob boos Conservative Republican SC congressman offstage.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:22:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Far right mob boos Conservative Republican SC congressman offstage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Far right mob boos Conservative Republican SC congressman offstage.  (Read 2335 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »

Torie, I think he means smarter left-leaning people who follow financial affairs.

Looking back at this thread now it's a little embarassing. I threw a minor tantrum by unfairly calling these people a 'far right mob' when all they were doing was vocally expressing their opinion, which is a perfectly acceptable thing in America (and thank god). Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean that I had to insult them.

Truthfully, Iam feeling very depressed. Sam is right in the sense that bad debt needs to be made whole somehow, either through default, or some sort of restructuring, or the taxpayer, but right now the government has fired all its shots and more we are still getting further and further from that goal, not closer to it.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »

Torie, I think he means smarter left-leaning people who follow financial affairs.

Looking back at this thread now it's a little embarassing. I threw a minor tantrum by unfairly calling these people a 'far right mob' when all they were doing was vocally expressing their opinion, which is a perfectly acceptable thing in America (and thank god). Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean that I had to insult them.

Truthfully, Iam feeling very depressed. Sam is right in the sense that bad debt needs to be made whole somehow, either through default, or some sort of restructuring, or the taxpayer, but right now the government has fired all its shots and more we are still getting further and further from that goal, not closer to it.

Thanks.

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »

Personally, I find it too painful to listen to most politicians talk about the economy because they really don't have much of a clue and are just recycling the talking points du jour, so I have not been following the chat very much; therefore I was at once surprised and curious about your comment.

You and I both, Torie.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 09:28:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is an interesting comment Sam Spade.  You think these smarter Dems "realize" the economy is going to get a lot worse before it gets better? That the current policies will string out the readjustment?  Who are these smarter Dems I wonder?  Personally, I find it too painful to listen to most politicians talk about the economy because they really don't have much of a clue and are just recycling the talking points du jour, so I have not been following the chat very much; therefore I was at once surprised and curious about your comment.

There have been some politicians all along who have questioned the wisdom of the TARP from both sides of the aisle.  So, let's leave that issue aside for a moment.  Most, if not all, of the "smarter Dems" come from this category.  They are also those who have been questioning what the Treasury is doing all along.  To give one example who comes to mind who you might know - Brad Sherman from CA.  Not surprisingly, he's a tax lawyer/accountant who can do math.

I look at it this way, generally.  The hardest thing for Democrats to accept in this situation is that spending money is not the solution for all problems or that, in this particular situation, could actually make things worse, much worse.  For Republicans, it is tax cuts, in the same general vein.  It's the blind spot.

Smarter Dems in the back of their mind realize that this observation could actually be true.  They may couch their language in words like "we're concerned that the administration is moving too fast", but that's what it means.  And you can't just look at it through various votes that may be made because of the political manueverings.

I could spend about three or four posts talking about this, and still might not even give a clear answer, but this is the gist.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »

Ya Brad Sherman represents the district in which I grew up.  He seems reassuringly sane - and dull. Smiley
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »

Did the "far right mob" do this?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Haha, what a pussy.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 04:54:20 PM »

You can't tell what those protesters are willing to do.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »

If Tancredo can't even stand up to some mean protestors, how is he supposed to halt the Mexican invasion?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

If Tancredo can't even stand up to some mean protestors, how is he supposed to halt the Mexican invasion?

This has nothing to do with his stance. It's about a physical threat that was presented. There were a lot more of them than of him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies