MasterJedi's Senate HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:11:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MasterJedi's Senate HQ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: MasterJedi's Senate HQ  (Read 6618 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »

Since I didn't have one of these I guess I should start one. Though I have made it clear before I want all Midwesterners to send me their concerns, I am your Senator.

As I have just done I made if official that I'm running for re-election in June. Normally I wouldn't annouce this early but I've noticed that I already have a challenger so the sooner the better to announce my intentions I guess! Smiley
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »

Senator,

The very best of luck in your re-election campaign.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:18:25 AM »

As of right now, I would support your re-election, Senator.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »

Consider yourself endors'd
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »

I would also like to offer you my endorsement.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »

To no one's surprise I endorse you
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »

Well the election is coming up so I'm bumping this off the last page since I need to get my campaign going.

I've stayed active while in the Senate and haven't missed a single vote. This session as PPT I've kept the Senate active and running properly while casting votes for the benefit of all Atlasia. Though I'll campaign more later I hope all Midwest citizens will give me the honor of serving another term as your Senator.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »

I noticed that I didn't say anything about it earlier, but you have my full support in your campaign for Senate.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »

I noticed that I didn't say anything about it earlier, but you have my full support in your campaign for Senate.

This. You have been a great Senator to work with during my first term as Senator and I hope to be able to continue our work in the next Senate.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »

Senate MasterJedi,

I know that I am not in your region, but as who might be in the senate with you. If you are reelected, what will do to try to get more people, new and old, more active? I know this may be a hard question to answer, but I would like to hear your ideas on this.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »

MasterJedi, this question has been posed to your opponent and is asked of you as well:

As we have no members of either the JCP or the DA running for this seat, what if anything will you do to appeal to leftist voters such as myself?  I will ask the same question of Senator MasterJedi.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »

Senate MasterJedi,

I know that I am not in your region, but as who might be in the senate with you. If you are reelected, what will do to try to get more people, new and old, more active? I know this may be a hard question to answer, but I would like to hear your ideas on this.

What I'd like to do is to get everyone to take PiT's approach. Everyone needs to do their part to try and talk to new members to the forum and see if they would be interested in getting involved in Atlasia but only if they stay active and participate. We don't need more zombie voters just to say we have so many voters. As it is now a lot of voters we have now just come out to vote and do nothing.

What I don't think we need is a system with a lower house that has everyone participate. Since a lot of people don't seem to want to participate besides vote in the elections there would almost bo no progress passing bills because of the numbers that would need to be drug in to get things passed. And then if bills would need to pass both houses it would almost never happen making the whole thing a pointless process.

And in the end it takes the focus off of the actual elections which is one of the major things about Atlasia. So what we really need to do is get more people who will stay active and actually run for jobs and then actually continue to stay active while in that post, not a change in government.

MasterJedi, this question has been posed to your opponent and is asked of you as well:

As we have no members of either the JCP or the DA running for this seat, what if anything will you do to appeal to leftist voters such as myself?  I will ask the same question of Senator MasterJedi.

I believe I have done plenty that the left and the right can appreciate in Atlasia, in my first time in the Senate and this time as well. I have passed many bills that would appeal to the left such as these:
Atlasian National Parks Act
Prescription Drug Reimporation Act (later addition that I also passed added more countries)
Atlasian Wetlands Act
Asbestos Ban Act (later amended and I got it back)
Adoption Act

Besides that I have voted for other bills that have angered others in my party. I have also recenlty voted for the High Speed Rail Act, Veterans' Care Act and the Workers' Bill of rights Act. In addition to that I voted against the Atlasian Agriculture Reinvestment Act because I'd rather keep the amount of farm subsidies we have and not let the big farming corporations that currently mostly get them and give them to the small family and organic farmers that actually need them to help out what remaining small farmers we have around this great nation.

As I have promised before I will continue to look at each bill and vote on each bill on its own merit and how I believe it will help and hurt Atlasia. My oponant, Vepres, has made it clear that he favors a small government. I don't favor either a small or large government but what is needed by the country. If that makes it so we need more government in a certain area I'll vote for that but I will also vote to trim it down in another area if that's how it's best needed.

I hope everyone and not just you would go and look how I've kept the Senate running in tip top shape this past month and have never missed a vote these last two Senate terms. I've cast bills all over the spectrum and will continue to do that.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »

what will be the first, second and third things you would like to pass?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »

MasterJedi comes to you from Des Moines, Confusion

Coming back from work today I come on and find that Vepres, who doesn't even really know me, is attacking me yet again saying that I'm not represening the Midwest or its citizens and I will say that I am getting irritated about it. He doesn't know me but yet he can say all this stuff about me. But I won't do that to him, I won't attack him for being an overeager new guy. It's what we need.

In the Senate I have represented the Midwest well by voting for bills all accross the political spectrum. The Midwest is a liberal region economically and with my views and the way I have voted it is clear that I will represent the citizens of the Midwest better.

Besides that with my busy schedule all I can say now (because I need to do homework for my summer class) is that based on my record it is clear I have represented the Midwest well and will continue to do so if you honor me by re-electing me.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »

Coming back from work today I come on and find that Vepres, who doesn't even really know me, is attacking me yet again saying that I'm not represening the Midwest or its citizens and I will say that I am getting irritated about it. He doesn't know me but yet he can say all this stuff about me. But I won't do that to him, I won't attack him for being an overeager new guy. It's what we need.

In the Senate I have represented the Midwest well by voting for bills all accross the political spectrum. The Midwest is a liberal region economically and with my views and the way I have voted it is clear that I will represent the citizens of the Midwest better.

Besides that with my busy schedule all I can say now (because I need to do homework for my summer class) is that based on my record it is clear I have represented the Midwest well and will continue to do so if you honor me by re-electing me.

I hope you didn't take my attacks personally, and if you did I apologize.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »

I didn't, but it's just a game for fun. So when I come back and have to do a bunch of work and that's what I see it's annoying. We should focus on the issues and everything, not on attacking the other person.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2009, 05:56:16 PM by Vepres »

I didn't, but it's just a game for fun. So when I come back and have to do a bunch of work and that's what I see it's annoying. We should focus on the issues and everything, not on attacking the other person.

If you agree to do the same, I will agree to hold off on all personal attacks.

Oh, and by the way, I am an overeager new guy. Grin
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »

Just to let everyone know I have decided to endorse Jedi's reelection. I think he has been an effective and fair PPT and I believe that the Senate has progressed at a fair pace although there were the usual ups and downs. I am also pleased that the Senate has dealt with the prolonged absence of one of its members and not gotten slowed down by it. I can only hope that the Senate operates as smoothly once I am a member. I have nothing against Vepres and I actually like and admire him for his courage, and thus I hope he does well in in Atlasia too, in the future.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »

Just to let everyone know I have decided to endorse Jedi's reelection. I think he has been an effective and fair PPT and I believe that the Senate has progressed at a fair pace although there were the usual ups and downs. I am also pleased that the Senate has dealt with the prolonged absence of one of its members and not gotten slowed down by it. I can only hope that the Senate operates as smoothly once I am a member. I have nothing against Vepres and I actually like and admire him for his courage, and thus I hope he does well in in Atlasia too, in the future.

Though I can't say you made the right decision, I can respect it.

By the way, good luck in your senate race (do you even have an opponent?).
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:03:59 AM »

By the way, good luck in your senate race (do you even have an opponent?).

We're talking about the Southeast here....Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »

As I have dropped out of the race, I offer you my full endorsement. Grin

I would also like to apologize one last time for the attacks, they weren't called for.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »

As you are my senator, I would like to give you an idea I had concerning a constitutional amendment.

Given recent events, including the incident on Tuesday and my dropping out, I think it is important to keep over enthusiastic and overly ambitious newbies in check. Which is why I think there should be an amendment to constitution that states that one must have voted in a regularly scheduled national election (not a special one) to run for a national office (senator, President, VP).

What do you think?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 01:23:30 PM »

You better start campaigning. Only two weeks until the election, and it is imperative for the RPP that you win.

Good luck. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »

I endorse you. You are a great Senator! Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 08:07:02 AM »

You better start campaigning. Only two weeks until the election, and it is imperative for the RPP that you win.

Good luck. Smiley

Lets say that I have enough time to run the Senate and debate and be active in it. But when I throw in work and a summer online class and then trying to debate while having time to relax it gets really busy. Tongue

I'll make a speech later today though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies