Obama Earth Day Flights Burned More Than 9,000 Gallons Of Fuel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:14:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama Earth Day Flights Burned More Than 9,000 Gallons Of Fuel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Earth Day Flights Burned More Than 9,000 Gallons Of Fuel  (Read 1684 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:33 PM »

The media really needs to cut back. Our society's fixation of hypocrisy has spiraled way out of control.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 07:41:43 PM »

The media really needs to cut back. Our society's fixation of hypocrisy has spiraled way out of control.
Are you kidding me? People aren't called out enough. And it's not just hypocrisy, if you compare our media to pretty much every other they're more compliant and focused on fluff. I read European press all the time and the difference in quality is pretty embarrassing generally, even given their own biases.

I agree, because our media culture focuses on the wrong kind of hypocrisy. Media is a business here, meant to capture as many eyeballs as possible (sorta like some freaky horror movie). Rather than look for the real problems in society, CNN and Fox and MSNBC fill their 24 hours with pure garbage.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind media attention on lies and scams and corruption, but things like this become ridiculous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies