Opinion of Sam Spade
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:36:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Sam Spade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of Sam Spade
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Opinion of Sam Spade  (Read 6567 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2009, 05:17:23 PM »

What are you on, Torie?  I'd really like to know. 

I will send you a PM tonight or tomorrow. Basically I am using my money to get young again - and it's working.

Thanks, I'll look forward to that.  I just hope you don't become some kind of lumpy monster like these steroidal freaks.

I am hurt that you would  think I would have such poor aesthetic tastes Opebo. Sad
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2009, 05:22:07 PM »

I am hurt that you would  think I would have such poor aesthetic tastes Opebo. Sad

Actually in your case I was imagining something more like drinking the blood of virgins or bathing in fetal sperm, something like that...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2009, 06:14:07 PM »

The use of the word "f****t" is really right out of high school, it's a whole "HA HA I'M BEING OFFENSIVE, LOLZ I'M NOT PC!" type deal which most people grow out of by age 16.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »

I also finds his attempts to write off anything bad that happens to the Republican party as ultimately helpful to it annoying.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2009, 07:39:41 PM »

I also finds his attempts to write off anything bad that happens to the Republican party as ultimately helpful to it annoying.

That's merely because of its present state (i.e. crumbling, if not collapsing to a certain extent).  Wouldn't have said that 6, heck, even 4 years ago, to any degree, if at all.

You see, the Republican party is going through a state quite similar to what our economy will eventually have to go through (sooner rather than later) - a clearing out of the bad debts and obligations.  Anything that furthers this cause, as a Republican, I should be supportive of.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2009, 07:41:01 PM »

The use of the word "f****t" is really right out of high school, it's a whole "HA HA I'M BEING OFFENSIVE, LOLZ I'M NOT PC!" type deal which most people grow out of by age 16.

I think that I'm certainly not the only one who finds it ironic that you're commenting about people not growing out of high school antics.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »

Unfortunately, I have to vote FF, on balance.

He is like most lawyers, kinda quirky, but I do not understand why people get so offended by the word f****t.. come on now..

oh and sam, texasindy says hello to you. and that she hates texassss.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »

He is like most lawyers, kinda quirky, but I do not understand why people get so offended by the word f****t.. come on now..

Sheesh, you turn bisexual and all the sudden you're betraying the gay community Wink
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »

Sheesh, you turn bisexual and all the sudden you're betraying the gay community Wink
Not really. I have never really been offended with that word, and I use it all the time.

Do not worry, I am still attracted to men.. but having sex with my lady has been very very easy and simple compared to my ex-boyfriends..
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2009, 08:15:48 PM »

That's merely because of its present state (i.e. crumbling, if not collapsing to a certain extent).  Wouldn't have said that 6, heck, even 4 years ago, to any degree, if at all.

You see, the Republican party is going through a state quite similar to what our economy will eventually have to go through (sooner rather than later) - a clearing out of the bad debts and obligations.  Anything that furthers this cause, as a Republican, I should be supportive of.

How is it possible for a political party to be in a strong majority without lots of dead weight?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »

How is it possible for a political party to be in a strong majority without lots of dead weight?

I wouldn't disagree with that.  But all political parties tend to have dead weight of some sort.  When the political party is in bad shape (as mentioned above), the dead weight tends to drag the party from engaging in what should be referred to as "creative destruction"
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »

Fair enough.  I was just thinking of how the Democrats now have their Rangel's, Murtha's, and [sigh] Harman's and even, indeed, Specter's.  Indeed, the faux-moderate grandstanders like Specter (R) and Bayh (D) emerge as thus when their party is the majority and retreat from their grandstanding when they realize they're in a minority.

While the Republicans had a few scandals 2000-2006, Delay, leadership aware of Foley's love of interns, etc.

It's an interesting dichotomy between douchebags in your party and being in the minority.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 10:42:18 PM »

Sam, people aren't refraining from using that word, or being 'political correct' just to get at you personally.

Huh.  Do you think I take any of this personally?  It's an *internet* forum.  IRL, the word is used more than you think.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Cry

I can't help it that most black people have below-average intelligence.

Well, at least that proves you're somewhat normal.  Smiley

Probably not unless pushed.  I haven't been pushed that often, but it has happened.  They weren't as normal as you are.  Besides, it earned me a bit of respect from the heterosexual male community of musicians, so it was worth it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 10:51:55 PM »

Question: What do you call it when Sam Spade is stabbed to death by a homeless African American during a mugging gone awry?

Answer: Justice

Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2009, 11:21:18 PM »

Question: What do you call it when Sam Spade is stabbed to death by a homeless African American during a mugging gone awry?

Answer: Justice

To be fair, Sam did state: "What are you, a f-cking stupid n-gger retard fag, you're not even pointing the gun at my face while you try and rob me!  I knew you people were genetically inferior"
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »

Fair enough, reminds me a little of JJ though.

So did you actually switch your registration?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 12:52:57 AM »

And THIS is why I voted Sam as an FF.  Is he amusing or what?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2009, 01:47:51 AM »

Fair enough, reminds me a little of JJ though.

So did you actually switch your registration?

JJ isn't stupid.  He's just tends to be too wedded to his own particular ideas to note when something else may be occurring which sets his whole conclusion wrong.

I'm saying it needs to be done.  I'm not saying it's going to lead to anything great - heck it may lead to another 1930s.  But without it, there is a reasonable possibility out there that the Republican party doesn't even exist in 10 years.  And it's the only way to possibly rescusitate the party quickly from crumbling/collapse.

As to voter registration - nope.  If I did, the local Republicans might try to get me to run for a local office so that I can get 7-10% of the vote.  No thanks.  Cheesy
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2009, 04:46:44 AM »

I think that I'm certainly not the only one who finds it ironic that you're commenting about people not growing out of high school antics.

BRTD's a far more mature and sensible character than you, SS.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 06:40:13 AM »

BRTD's a far more mature and sensible character than you, SS.

"Who's the cutest?

- You are!

No, you are!

- No, really you!"

Excerpt from "The family I never had" co-written by BRTD and Opebo.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2009, 08:15:46 AM »

a good guy but a bit of a know-it-all.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2009, 09:21:27 AM »

Yes, it's a way to get attention and mirrored in some of the occasional comments about black people which no one calls out because we have a lot of gay men here and, to my knowledge, no black posters. There's a sense of needing to project one's status as an alpha male by virtue of sexuality and race.

I respect Sam because he makes bold predictions, backs them up, and thinks through what he says. Not many people have the guts to make actual calls for elections like he does. So I disregard the f****t jokes, because in the greater scheme of things it's not definitional of his value to the community. Ultimately, they undermine what he's otherwise accomplishing just through his substantive contributions.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »

IRL, the word is used more than you think.

Yeah, it's used very widely when people think we aren't there. That's neither here nor there; it's beyond my ability to affect that, any more than I can worry about people criticizing my sense of humor behind my back. Let them say whatever.

It's not used widely to our faces, which was afleitch's point. If you look at the places where it is acceptable to call a gay person a f****t to our faces, they include junior high school, prison, places where men get very drunk, or some particularly backward corners of the country. When someone makes a point of saying f****t around us, they look like one of those people. Nothing wrong with that, if that's the impression they're aiming for. But it doesn't comport well with positioning yourself as a figure of respect or authority among educated people.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2009, 09:35:08 AM »

I'm not offended by the word, but I have to wonder why someone chooses to repeatedly try to offend me. That's the locus of the issue.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »

FF -- a truly insightful person.  As his matrix score would indicate, I disagree with him about 60 to 70 percent of the time...but I always learn a lot from his posts.  And, with me at least, he has been very courteous and friendly. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies