Bobby Jindal vs president Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:24:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Bobby Jindal vs president Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bobby Jindal vs president Obama  (Read 2577 times)
Jasengle
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:16:08 AM »

what Would you see if this happen in November 2012
Make Maps
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »

3 maps...

Poor Obama term:

Average Obama term:

Great Obama Term:
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:30:49 PM »

The turn-out in some southern states, I assume, would be very strange in this match-up. I'd like to see how it played out.

An amazing Obama term. Approvals 60%-70%

A great Obama term. Approvals 55%-60%

A satisfactory Obama term. Approvals 45%-55%

A terrible Obama term. Approvals below 45%.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:34:46 PM »

That would depend on what things will look like in 2012, obviously. Specifically, Obama's approval ratings.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »

Assuming 55% Obama approval:

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 01:15:20 PM »

I can't really see Bobby Jindal taking either Oregon or New Hampshire, even in a good year for him.  He seems like exactly the wrong Republican to try to appeal to those states.  (I'm not saying that NH is unwinnable for the GOP, just unwinnable for Jindal's wing of the party)
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »

Jindal needs some polishing but that part is easy.  obama is screwing things up at a record pace and unless he completely changes his views and policies, there is no way we will recover from his lunacy.  Americans will see that in 12 and vote in whatever Republican is opposing the Messiah. 

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »

Jindal needs some polishing but that part is easy.  obama is screwing things up at a record pace and unless he completely changes his views and policies, there is no way we will recover from his lunacy.  Americans will see that in 12 and vote in whatever Republican is opposing the Messiah. 

Wow...Is this just to get the Democrats laughing on here? I mean seriously...
The only way this could ever happen is if we went to an awful depression. If that case, Mitt Romney would be the nominee. It's going to take something such as another bad war for this to be the case, because even it the economy is still bad in 2012, Obama will just say that he needs 8 years to fix what the last administration did, and Americans will give it to him.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »

You truly are retarded.  How exactly is Obama going to lose NY??  Let alone the rest of the states you predicted to flip.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They are not "retarded". Just misguided. Calling someone a retard is an insult to mentally handicapped people around the world.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 04:06:11 PM »

You truly are retarded.  How exactly is Obama going to lose NY??  Let alone the rest of the states you predicted to flip.

By 2010 or 11 at the latest this extreme recession will be a full blown depression.  obama is already breaking his campaign promises not to raise taxes on "the 95%' of Americans who earn under 200 thousand dollars (per the Kiplingers article I sighted in another page) and he is making us weak and ineffective on the world stage.  I realize its hard to imagine some hardcore liberal states switching but they voted for Reagan in 1980 and 84.  And Carter and Mondale, though awful, were hardly the incompentent bunglers obama is.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »

By 2010 or 11 at the latest this extreme recession will be a full blown depression.  obama is already breaking his campaign promises not to raise taxes on "the 95%' of Americans who earn under 200 thousand dollars (per the Kiplingers article I sighted in another page) and he is making us weak and ineffective on the world stage.  I realize its hard to imagine some hardcore liberal states switching but they voted for Reagan in 1980 and 84.  And Carter and Mondale, though awful, were hardly the incompentent bunglers obama is.

umm no he didn't.  There is zero evidence that couples who make under $250,000 and singles who make under $200,000 will see any increase.  None what so ever.

As far as the recession, most disagree that it will be a full blown depression by 2010/2011, and the consensus in the financial community is that we are close to the bottom
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 10:03:29 AM »

Grey -- I have no idea!

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 11:23:30 AM »

Note to people here:  Race is off the table.  That's why I flipped WV and a few others.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »

How do I make a pretty map?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »

Go to the Electoral Calculator tap (evcalc) make the picks, then click on the map and select properties, copy it and paste it in between
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 12:31:46 PM »

Obama is a shrewd politician -- about as shrewd, at the least, as Ronald Reagan. Take away the ideology and that's what I see -- a smooth communicator who compels the opposition to put up or shut up.

The longest economic meltdown in American history was 1929-1933... and this one (which began in 2007) already seems to be approaching its end. The only way in which Obama gets hit for an economic meltdown is if we first get a well-defined recovery and another sharp and unambiguous decline.

I look at the approval ratings, and so far Obama is doing well -- better than Dubya at the same time, for example. Obama is doing well even in states that voted decidely against him -- like Kentucky and Louisiana.  Obama is more likely to win LA, AR, TN, KY, and WV (they move together) in 2012 than he is to lose any state that he won by 10% or more in 2008. How is that possible? If he wins over poor whites, whose economic distress isn't that much different from that of poor blacks, he wins a Reagan-like landslide. Obama can't do any good for poor blacks in the South without doing good for poor whites -- and I think that he wants to do good for poor blacks in the South. (I admit, of course, that he likely loses most of those states to Huckabee should Huckabee run. Who runs as the GOP nominee  will dictate the style of the electoral contest more than the results).  

Maybe he can't deliver everything that he promises, but he is going to do far less harm than good. He is cautious -- a clear virtue after a President so reckless as Dubya. Even after a mediocre term, Obama wins re-election.

Anyone predicting that Obama will lose in 2012 because Obama is "too far left" makes the same mistake as liberals who expected in 1981 that Reagan would fail on ideological grounds alone.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies