Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dutch signs point to gay sex seekers  (Read 5636 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:42 PM »

Assuming this is common in Europe, are you trying to say that this is looked upon with prejuidice there?
Europe is nowhere near as "liberal" as they like to think they are or often try and remind us that they are.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »

Phil: In Philadelphia, you can head to the Boat ramp at Quaker City Yacht Club, or Fairbank Park, or Pennypack, or Wissonoming Park.

Uh...you're definitely either simply searching for big parks in Philly or those are infamous gay sex spots. I find that rather amusing since Pennypack Park is a huge park close in my neighborhood and it's not like your average park. Philadelphia is known for having a very large park system.

Assuming this is common in Europe, are you trying to say that this is looked upon with prejuidice there?
Europe is nowhere near as "liberal" as they like to think they are or often try and remind us that they are.

Haha, I know. That's sort of what I'm getting at.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »

..and I'm freaking shocked and a little saddened so many people think this is ok.  I'm guessing you guys don't use parks very often.

Yes Hugh, sh**t like that does happen in parks around here and you know what, the local authorities don't fence off sections of the parks so that people can go have anonymous sex.  They ARREST them for having public sex.  Why?  Because it's against the law to have sex in public.  A park is a public place.  Even when hiding behind bushes.  Would it be ok if they were having "Fight Club" behind the bushes?

Here is a crazy thought, maybe they meet at the park and then find a hotel?  Oh, that's right, the nutless wonders are afraid of being "caught" by their wives or girlfriends.  Here is another crazy thought, STOP LYING TO YOUR WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS you unethical cowards.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »

I agree that they'e generally cowardly, the point I was making is that it is at least as common, if not moreso, in the US than in Europe, and that the US policy clearly doesn't work in stopping it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »

Well yeah, you can't stop things like that from happening anymore than you can stop speeding or murder.  But to condone it?  Seems like they are sending the wrong message.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 11:14:07 PM »

This is discrimination.  Where are the signs and parks for anonymous straight sex?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:59 PM »

Straight people aren't afraid of getting caught by their wives/husbands and girl/boyfriends.....

.....wait...yeah they are.  Why don't they hide in a park like these cowards?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »

...Especially in countries where homosexuality still is looked upon with prejudice.

I think homosexuals are still subjected to predjudice in every country.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 05:53:29 AM »

I believe Sweden decriminalized homosexuality after the US did. For whatever it's worth.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 07:32:58 AM »

..and I'm freaking shocked and a little saddened so many people think this is ok.

Don't think many have, exactly, done that. An acknowledgement that something is (or at least was) pretty common isn't the same as approval.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 07:56:28 AM »

This is discrimination.  Where are the signs and parks for anonymous straight sex?

That's a good point. I agree.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 08:33:13 AM »

That's a good point. I agree.

Dudes, alas, there is no such place.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »

Ah, the good ole Dutch tradition of compartmentalization; of toleration without tolerance.

400 years old and still alive and able to adapt. Amazing tradition, that.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »

Ah, the good ole Dutch tradition of compartmentalization; of toleration without tolerance.

400 years old and still alive and able to adapt. Amazing tradition, that.

Yes, that's funny.

Personally, once again I would recommend them their home, but, in the same time, if the society is OK, what's the problem?

Who protested? Muslims? Hell, I think that Muslims in general would have a lot of efforts to do to open their mind toward homosexuality.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »

Well yeah, you can't stop things like that from happening anymore than you can stop speeding or murder.  But to condone it?  Seems like they are sending the wrong message.

Is it OK if gays merely make out in a park, but eschew visible genital contact?  Would that not also not be caring enough "for the children." Just asking.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »

There's really no need for this kind of thing in the computer age. Why not just use Craigslist Huh
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »

Is it OK if gays merely make out in a park, but eschew visible genital contact?  Would that not also not be caring enough "for the children." Just asking.
Making out is fine with me...no "heavy petting" though.  Same rules you'd have for straight people.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »

There's really no need for this kind of thing in the computer age. Why not just use Craigslist Huh

Thats true, there really isn't.  Most gay men are using manhunt.net or gay.com.

Oh come on, we have gay men making out on prime time TV shows now (see Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters), something that would have been unheard of 15 years ago.

For the record, I don't condone sex in public, and have never done it.  I have used the web sites I mentioned, though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies