CNN: 5 reasons the GOP will rebound, with my rebuttal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:47:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CNN: 5 reasons the GOP will rebound, with my rebuttal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN: 5 reasons the GOP will rebound, with my rebuttal  (Read 1931 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 09:44:15 AM »

Libertarians are classic conservatives. Our party, GOP, was taken over by the fascism of today and is now what we call the Republican Party. Once we retake our party back, we once again can call it the GOP.

"classic conservatives?" 

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

I think he means conservatives of the 1950s (William F. Buckley types).  I don't think he means the days of Edmund Burke.

I have nothing to do with Bill "We must accept Big Government for the duration", socially conservative Buckley. I hate Bill Buckley.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »

Einzige... in the end, you just don't understand what libertarianism really is.

Antiquities Act of 1906 - Against
Clayton Antitrust Act of 1914 - Against
Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - For
Federal Reserve Act of 1913 - Against
Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914 - For
Hepburn Act of 1906 - Abstain
New York State Tenement House Act of 1901 - For
Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 - For
Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Against

Don't presume to tell me what I do and don't know ever again.

Yet you wear the avatar of one of the most anti-libertarian parties around.

No more 'anti-libertarian' than the Republicans, who are little more than social Communists.

Collectivism is collectivism is collectivism, be it grounded in "historical dialectics" or "tradition". I will vote for the free-market Party just as soon as they become the free bedroom Party: as long as the Republicans support the Drug War, and oppose euthanasia and abortion rights and marriage, they are my enemy, and I hate them. Therefore I will treat them accordingly.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 02:12:22 PM »

No more 'anti-libertarian' than the Republicans, who are little more than social Communists.

Collectivism is collectivism is collectivism, be it grounded in "historical dialectics" or "tradition". I will vote for the free-market Party just as soon as they become the free bedroom Party: as long as the Republicans support the Drug War, and oppose euthanasia and abortion rights and marriage, they are my enemy, and I hate them. Therefore I will treat them accordingly.

Libertarianism is failed ideaology that is impossible to preserve in a society full of irresponsible and immature people. The only time Libertarianism could work would be in a close nit traditional and moral setting. Impossible to achieve and the exact opposite of what would occur with a Libertarian social policy.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 03:26:15 PM »

Libertarianism is failed ideaology that is impossible to preserve in a society full of irresponsible and immature people. The only time Libertarianism could work would be in a close nit traditional and moral setting. Impossible to achieve and the exact opposite of what would occur with a Libertarian social policy.

Protip: it's spelled 'ideology'. Though, being as you are from the South, I ought to get used to your total mangling of the English language.

Furthermore: your quaint and outdated notions of a "close nit traditional and moral setting" are reprehensible, and belay the fact that you are a theocommunist. Your ideology was tried in Europe, between 331 A.D. and the Renaissance. It was proven to be a tremendous failure, insofar as it retarded scientific and cultural growth, inhibited the development of the democratic process, and denied to the individual his innate rights as a human being.

Further, your retarded and retarding ideology demands of the individual that he relinquish all of his identity to the Great Collective, that he sacrifice his freedoms for the sake of - for the sake of what? Your personal peace-of-mind that his soul has been saved? I do not see any meaning in the words you use; they signify nothing. 'Morality' and 'values' are vague buzzwords wholly detached from any ontological existence.

You hate and abhor freedom, and in compensation for it shriek all the louder that you really love these concepts.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies