If people hate Sarah Palin, Ten Why...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:33:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If people hate Sarah Palin, Ten Why...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If people hate Sarah Palin, Ten Why...  (Read 2788 times)
politicaladdict
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »

If Palin is so weak and ineffective, then why do liberal journalists and the media keep trying to tarnish her?

I mean, why do they keep trying to find something bad on her such as digging through her trash finding something to try to trip her? The Trooper-Gate-scandal is nothing. Look it up and see what it really was.

The troopergate scandal, involves Sarah Palin allegedly abusing her office as Alaskan governor by firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan because he refused to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law Mike Wooten who tasered his 10 year old stepson.

and even liberals twist the story.

Or saying crap like that her new-born was actually her daughters baby.

OH... even moderates hate her, right. So-called moderates(Liberals) like Arlen Specter who voted for the stimulus probably hate her, too.

I mean, you don't do this kind of rediculous crap to someone, unless there somehow effective. Which gives me more confidence that she's effective.

And what about all those TEA-PARTIES around the country and that angry CNN news-reporter woman who said they're "Anti-CNN and Anti-Government." Well, I'm definitely anti-BIG-government and actually HATE... CNN.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

For the same reason that you bother to defend her after she should have faded once again into obscurity. I can't fathom why anyone outside of Alaska still gives a damn about this woman.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »

She's a unique and fascinating character and she's polarizing, which equals ratings.  That doesn't mean she's a political threat to Obama and *THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA OMG*

I do think most posters here exaggerate her ineptitude though, especially the Republicans who constantly talk about how they'd vote for Obama if she became the nominee.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

She's a unique and fascinating character and she's polarizing, which equals ratings.  That doesn't mean she's a political threat to Obama and *THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA OMG*

I do think most posters here exaggerate her ineptitude though, especially the Republicans who constantly talk about how they'd vote for Obama if she became the nominee.

Based on her performance as governor prior to being chosen as the VP nominee, I foolishly expected her to have read SOMETHING about the world outside of Alaska.  Though, with everything she had on her plate, I can't fault her for it.  But McCain should have checked her knowledge of world events, and Palin should have turned down McCain's offer.

The night Biden was picked, it took me a whole hour of reading up on Palin to conclude she was an "excellent pick"....looks like McCain didn't do any more homework than I did.

But, one thing is for sure:  If Palin had had a strong grasp of national/international issues, that chick would have already locked up the 2012 GOP nomination.
Cashcow

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »

If Palin is so weak and ineffective, then why do liberal journalists and the media keep trying to tarnish her?

Because she keeps putting herself in the spotlight when she doesn't belong there.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2009, 06:13:31 PM by Vander Blubb »

When Palin was announced, McCain jumped ahead of Obama in the polls.  Therefore, she had to be destroyed.  She's also an accomplished woman who is a conservative (oh noes!) while maintaining a family at the same time.

And Cashcow, what in the hell are you talking about?  When was the last time Palin tried to insert herself in the news?  And since when do you think that the media has the right to decide what is and isn't news?  That's pretty damn insulting and the reason why Fox News is getting higher and higher ratings and the newspapers are in free-fall.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:15:48 PM »

When Palin was announced, McCain jumped ahead of Obama in the polls.  Therefore, she had to be destroyed.  She's also an accomplished woman who is a conservative (oh noes!) while maintaining a family at the same time.

Dude, but it didn't help that she also acted as if she had been lobotomized.  The woman is very talented, but she can't stand the heat of the kitchen and doesn't know crap about the world outside of Alaska.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »

the memory of her is just to painful, I can't take anymore of it...

Let the name of Sarah Palin be stricken from every book and tablet...stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of the ideal woman.  Let the name of...Sarah Palin...be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of horny men...for all time.

So let it be unwritten...so let it be done!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »

Because she keeps putting herself in the spotlight when she doesn't belong there.

Then ignore her if you really feel that way.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 07:44:05 PM »

It's like they're interested in selling newspapers or obtaining higher ad revenue or something, WEIRD
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 07:47:47 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2009, 07:50:34 PM by Lunar »

I mean, why do they keep trying to find something bad on her such as digging through her trash finding something to try to trip her? The Trooper-Gate-scandal is nothing. Look it up and see what it really was.

The troopergate scandal, involves Sarah Palin allegedly abusing her office as Alaskan governor by firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan because he refused to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law Mike Wooten who tasered his 10 year old stepson.

That's an extremely inaccurate depiction of the story from someone who claims to have looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Public_Safety_Commissioner_dismissal#Taser_incident
Cashcow

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 07:56:02 PM »

Then ignore her if you really feel that way.

I'm not the media. I'm explaining their reaction.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 08:08:26 PM »

That's an extremely inaccurate depiction of the story from someone who claims to have looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Public_Safety_Commissioner_dismissal#Taser_incident

Oh, wait... wrong incident.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 08:11:56 PM »

It's not the media's fault that she makes Dan Quale and George W. Bush look like Nobel laureates.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:38 PM »

Because she is exemplary of everything I despise in the American character: moralistic white trashiness. She revels in her own stupidity; she wallows in ignorance like the bitch-hog in the sty.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
- Mencken
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »

Wow, even jmfcst has turned on Palin?
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »

Because she is exemplary of everything I despise in the American character: moralistic white trashiness.

Amusingly, "moralistic white trash" seems to be a perfectly apt description for yourself.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »

She isn't getting anywhere in 2012 if her staff remains as incompetent as they are...they're a complete joke compared to Obama's team
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »

I'll give you "Ten why":
A.Her schtick is easy to make fun of
2.She's easy on the eyes
III.despite "conservative values" her daughter got preggers as an unmarried teen
d.she's said some pretty dumb things
5.inertia.  Once somebody becomes a joke, they stay a joke.
F.Biden is a joke too, so fans of Biden must make her out to be a bigger joke.
VII.many leftists fake having a heart
h.her husband fits a stereotype that is funny to people that live in ivory towers
%.her daughter with a new baby going on tv to preach abstinence is hilarious
10.She's a dumbass and none of us should have ever heard her name.  This can be laid at the feet of Bush.  If he hadn't funked up the party so bad maybe one of McCain's first 128 VP picks would have said yes.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »

I use to support her, when she was about energy and tossing out corrupt politicians.

Now, well... yeah... never again.

I feel so abused. I think I need a hug.

If Mac for some strange reason ends up the 2012 nominee, then he should go in another direction. If I were him, I would also skip over Huckabee and Romney, the other two alienators. I don't think Jindal would work, either.

Sanford, Hutchinson, Huntsman, etc... would all be much better choices.

Even Lieberman, Paul, Ridge, and Giuliani would be better.

Of course, there is always Pawlenty. Tongue
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 04:35:09 PM »

I use to support her, when she was about energy and tossing out corrupt politicians.

Now, well... yeah... never again.

I feel so abused. I think I need a hug.

If Mac for some strange reason ends up the 2012 nominee, then he should go in another direction. If I were him, I would also skip over Huckabee and Romney, the other two alienators. I don't think Jindal would work, either.

Sanford, Hutchinson, Huntsman, etc... would all be much better choices.

Even Lieberman, Paul, Ridge, and Giuliani would be better.

Of course, there is always Pawlenty. Tongue

Sanford, Zarn, Sanford. The hero who will lead us out of the darkness is Sanford.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »

Sometimes, I cannot tell if something is sarcasm or not.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »

He's been remarkably consistent in his dislike of her (as a candidate) since a week or so after her nomination.  He did correctly predict her selection and he was quite enthusiastic about it early on.  But as soon as she revealed herself as a "dumb", he became quite critical.  Which impressed me.

I'm the moron who thought she would spell disaster for the Democrats.  Largely because I figured this country -- with an abundance of "dumbs" -- would just fall in love with that about her.  His stupidity was supposedly one of the things people liked about The Decider.  Hey, I'd have a beer with him and so on. 

I failed to observe the political adage -- "never underestimate the American capacity to vote their pocketbook".  Obama and Biden, who actually understand economics, revealed themselves to be much more likely to solve Americans' fiscal problems.  Even though sweet Sarah had a smokin-fine rack.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »

He's been remarkably consistent in his dislike of her (as a candidate) since a week or so after her nomination.  He did correctly predict her selection and he was quite enthusiastic about it early on.  But as soon as she revealed herself as a "dumb", he became quite critical.  Which impressed me.

I wouldn't use the word "dumb" since he believes that a lot of her problems are due to anxiety and unpreparedness.  But I think everyone who loves Sarah Palin should be willing to groan in frustration while watching the Katie Couric interview where she clearly failed to represent what she stands for [which is all we really knew of her before she was picked -- that she was an opponent of the old political guard in Alaska and that she was passionately pro-life].
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 12:47:17 AM »

I'm the moron who thought she would spell disaster for the Democrats.  Largely because I figured this country -- with an abundance of "dumbs" -- would just fall in love with that about her.  His stupidity was supposedly one of the things people liked about The Decider.  Hey, I'd have a beer with him and so on. 

I failed to observe the political adage -- "never underestimate the American capacity to vote their pocketbook".  Obama and Biden, who actually understand economics, revealed themselves to be much more likely to solve Americans' fiscal problems.  Even though sweet Sarah had a smokin-fine rack.

The deciders stupidity is one of the things some people liked about him, however a funny thing happened.  The American public realized, what damage having someone as dumb as dirt in the White House causes, so Palin's chances were done.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies