If people hate Sarah Palin, Ten Why...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:59:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If people hate Sarah Palin, Ten Why...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If people hate Sarah Palin, Ten Why...  (Read 2793 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »

comedians are still making jokes about Dan Quayle, and he's been out of office for 16 years.

And more so, Palin is an intriguing figure. Her meteoric rise and rapid, epic fall, all in the space of about three weeks, in which she went from unknown to America's sweetheart to national joke, are unparalleled in modern American politics.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

He's been remarkably consistent in his dislike of her (as a candidate) since a week or so after her nomination.  He did correctly predict her selection and he was quite enthusiastic about it early on.  But as soon as she revealed herself as a "dumb", he became quite critical.  Which impressed me.

I'm the moron who thought she would spell disaster for the Democrats.  Largely because I figured this country -- with an abundance of "dumbs" -- would just fall in love with that about her.  His stupidity was supposedly one of the things people liked about The Decider.  Hey, I'd have a beer with him and so on. 

I failed to observe the political adage -- "never underestimate the American capacity to vote their pocketbook".  Obama and Biden, who actually understand economics, revealed themselves to be much more likely to solve Americans' fiscal problems.  Even though sweet Sarah had a smokin-fine rack.

The deciders stupidity is one of the things some people liked about him, however a funny thing happened.  The American public realized, what damage having someone as dumb as dirt in the White House causes, so Palin's chances were done.

You said it better than I did, Lunar!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies