Introduction to Atlasia v2.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Introduction to Atlasia v2.0
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Introduction to Atlasia v2.0  (Read 27332 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »
« edited: November 14, 2010, 08:11:33 PM by Citizen Blue »

Welcome to Atlasia!

The Republic of Atlasia National Flag.

Atlasia is a political/governmental simulation wherein participants take part in elections and referenda which shape the nature and laws of the nation. Atlasia operates as a federal state with five regions. The federal government has three branches: executive (President and Cabinet); legislative (Senate); and judicial (Supreme Court). Elections to the Presidency, Senate, and regional offices are held at regular intervals.

Citizens of each region can participate in the regional government either as elected representatives such as the Governor or simply as proposers of legislation at the regional level. Each region has developed their own constitutions which set out their system of government. Below is an image of each region and the states they contain.*

*Puerto Rico is a state in the Republic of Atlasia and is placed in the Southeast Region.

Parties.

Numerous parties exist in Atlasia encompassing a wide range of ideological positions. Many parties have a leadership, organise a platform and put forward and endorse candidates for elections. A brief summary of the ideology of the major parties is provided in the post below. There are also numerous Independents in Atlasia who act outside of any party structure.

Alternatively, if you do not see a Party that you find yourself on common ground with, why not start one on your own? There are no special measures one needs to go through to accomplish this, simply open a thread, hammer out an ideology and get recruiting!

Registration.

Registration requirements have changed as of the passage of the last Constitutional Amendment.

To join Atlasia, you must register in the Registration Thread located here. Simply state your name, the party you wish to register with, and preferred state of residence in that order. You may register in anyone of the 50 real life states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Here's an example:

You can register at any time; however, there are rules in place limiting rights to vote to those who have reached a total post count on the forum of 75 and have registered more than 7 days prior to the election. Additionally, your account must be at least 15 days old before joining.

You may only change your state of registration when moving to another region every 180 days but you may change your party at anytime and your state registration may be changed when moving within the same region once a month. After your initial registration, you are allowed to make one "free move" to anywhere, which does not count under the 180 days rule during the first week, however, after this you are not allowed to move for the required time.

Board Organization.

When first joining, occasionally some of you may be confused as to what the different boards are. The board structure looks something like this (as of November 1st, 2010):

Atlas Fantasy Elections is the most important board and the board you will most likely end up spending most of your time on. It covers all miscellaneous chat between citizens, who post threads such as political party headquarters, conventions, newspapers, offices for politicians, and so on. Feel free to introduce yourself here in this thread, or create a thread introducing yourself on your own. Smiley

Child Board: The Voting Booth is where Governors, Lt. Governors, party leaders, and the Secretary of Forum Affairs open voting booths for citizens to vote on important matters relating to national or regional office and ballot initiatives, and sometimes as trivial as voting on political party platform planks.

Atlas Fantasy Government is where business of the government is done. The White House, certain political offices, and court cases are all handled here, but most of all, is Senate business. It's advised you don't post here unless you're personally championing an issue, as it's rather impolite to interrupt the Senate's work.

Child Board: The Constitutional Convention board is a temporary one that debate the changing of Atlasia's system of government. It is now a defunct board.

Child Board: The Regional Governments board is a recently instituted board that allows regional governments to gather in one centralized location to do their business unencumbered by other unrelated threads. Regions centralized their legislatures and executive offices here to do their business quietly and more efficiently.

Law & Regional Governments.

Some of you may wonder where you can find some more detailed information about Atlasia. As for laws, the Statute on the Wiki provides a long list of every law ever passed by the Senate.

Depending on where you take residence, you will have your own Regional Constitution:

I'm sure you want to know who holds which offices, it makes it easier to get in contact with important people! This is a list of all office-holders, and it is updated regularly.

Miscellaneous Information.

If you want to learn more about Atlasia, you can explore the Atlas Wiki (located here) or on the toolbar above via the  button, which stores the Atlasian and regional Constitutions and laws, as well as information on current office holders and some details about many of the current (and past) participants in Atlasia.

Also, you should feel free to post any questions you have about Atlasia in this thread and someone should shortly be able to provide some guidance.

There is also an old Introduction to Atlasia thread, but it is horrendously outdated. You can locate it here, if you're interested.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:29:03 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2010, 05:02:27 PM by Marokai »

Atlasian Political Parties.

Below are a list of the four major political parties in Atlasia, party logos (if available), party summaries (provided by the individual Chairmen), and the Wiki links to that party's page, as well as other miscellaneous information. Hopefully this will serve as an easy way for newcomers to Atlasia to learn more about those involved in the process, and have an easier time to join others like them!

Jesus Christ Party (JCP), 36 Members

Chairman: Bgwah

A coalition of liberals and economic centrists, the Jesus Christ Party is the largest party in Atlasia. Founded in 2004, it is the oldest party in Atlasia and is especially strong in the Pacific Region, although it has many members across the country. The premiere left-wing party, the JCP places special emphasis on it's social liberalism and civil libertarianism which is almost universally supported among the party rank and file.

As evidenced by the JCP's left-leaning members, the name is indeed, simply a parody.

For more information on the Jesus Christ Party, check out the JCP Wiki Page.

Regional Protection Party (RPP), 30 Members

Chairman: North Carolina Yankee

The Regional Protection Party is the major right-wing party in Atlasia. Founded in August 2008, it was originally created for the purpose of pressing the maintenance of regional power. Since then it has grown into a big-tent conservative party, uniting all Atlasians with a right-wing bent, whether mainstream conservatives, libertarians, or populists. At the same time, the party remains true to its pro-region roots, and will gladly welcome members of any ideology who believe in the importance of maintaining and working to strengthen the institutions of regional governance.

For more information on the Regional Protection Party, check out the RPP Wiki Page.

Union of the Democratic Left (UDL), 28 Members

Chairman: Polnut

Summary.

For more information on the Union of the Democratic Left, check out the UDL Wiki Page.

The Populares (POP), (26 Members)

Chairman: Dallasfan

The Populares are the party of the people, a pragmatic party advocating efficient and effective government. Our party aims to make Atlasia great again by pushing policies that move us forward as a nation by freeing markets and ensuring that all Atlasians are given the opportunity to succeed. We welcome anyone who believes in maximum individual liberty, efficient government, and a better Atlasia.

For more information on The Populares, check out the POP Wiki Page.

I encourage all Party Chairmen to contact me with summaries (100 words or less) for their political parties, and for new parties with over five members to contact me via Personal Message for a spot on the list. Parties with no Chairman will not be included on the list.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:29:55 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2009, 11:49:48 PM by AG Marokai Blue »

(Reserved for future possible use.)

If a moderator of this board could dispose of the old thread and sticky this one, that would be appreciated, and feel free to offer advice or suggest anything I may have left out. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2009, 10:40:11 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

June 8 Edit: I updated the main introduction post with links to the Constitution and all regional constitutions, the officeholders list, a link to the Statute, reorganized the layout a bit, and updated party member numbers in accordance with the Department of Forum Affairs.

July 23 Edit: Updated numbers according to the Department of Forum Affairs and removed the Horse party from the list. RPP logo added since Swedish's logo is the apparent winner in the vote that was held.

August 26 Edit: Updated the registration requirements to meet the Intelligent Voting Amendment.

August 27 Edit: Updated party member numbers and the new chairman of the RPP.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 01:07:06 AM »

Being a the Atlas Forum for about a year now, I just have one question. Where and when do we vote?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 01:20:14 AM »

Being a the Atlas Forum for about a year now, I just have one question. Where and when do we vote?

The "Voting Booth" child board. Elections generally occur towards the end of even-numbered months, though amendments are voted on irregularly.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »

The "Voting Booth" child board. Elections generally occur towards the end of even-numbered months, though amendments are voted on irregularly.

Ok thanks.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 02:56:04 PM »

This may be a stupid question, but where do you register to vote?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »

This may be a stupid question, but where do you register to vote?

here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=34355.0 Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »

A non-zombie newbie!

WOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »

Thanks Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »

June 8 Edit: I updated the main introduction post with links to the Constitution and all regional constitutions, the officeholders list, a link to the Statute, reorganized the layout a bit, and updated party member numbers in accordance with the Department of Forum Affairs.

July 23 Edit: Updated numbers according to the Department of Forum Affairs and removed the Horse party from the list. RPP logo added since Swedish's logo is the apparent winner in the vote that was held.

August 26 Edit: Updated the registration requirements to meet the Intelligent Voting Amendment.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »

Could we get an update on party numbers in this thread? (they have changed a lot)

I've also always wondered who wrote the caption for my party, because I sure as hell didn't
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »

The LNF has more chairman than any other party, they should definitely be on the list.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 10:27:25 PM »

Could we get an update on party numbers in this thread? (they have changed a lot)

I've also always wondered who wrote the caption for my party, because I sure as hell didn't

I wrote it while you were missing.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »

Our chairman is Duke, please update.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »

Our chairman is Duke, please update.

Sheesh, hold your horses. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »

Just reminding you.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »

August 27 Edit: Updated party member numbers and the new chairman of the RPP.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 01:32:46 AM »

Name update, please Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 02:27:24 AM »

Updated and I slightly altered your summary to reflect that. I had to remove your image though, since it doesn't match anymore. A new logo and a new summary, as well as a new wiki page, is in order.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 02:28:46 AM »

Updated and I slightly altered your summary to reflect that. I had to remove your image though, since it doesn't match anymore. A new logo and a new summary, as well as a new wiki page, is in order.

I've been trying to update stuff in the wiki. Hopefully others help out. And thanks
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »

Why is the LNF not present?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 11:11:40 AM »

The article is misleading, the party wasn't originally the Regional Protection Party, it was originally the Southern Secessionist Party
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »

It might be a good idea to add my Atlasian Political Matrix chart here, to give people an idea of where the parties stand! Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies