What's the most emo post in forum history?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:24:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's the most emo post in forum history?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the most emo post in forum history?  (Read 1116 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:44:26 AM »

Taking nominations, but here's mine:

ok, Inks, I won't curse you out.  just don't do that anymore.  because you want the numbers to look a certain way.  we all do.  but hey, it doesn't work out like that.  let me tell you a story, Inks.  back in the summer I hung out with this group.  we called it, The Group.  we hung out from mid-afternoon everyday to past midnight.  but then this girl came in.  well, she was there anyway, but she ed sh**t up hardcore.  and one of my friends was in love with her, but it was painfully obviously he'd never get with her.  then another of my friends fell in love with her around August 10th.  and she actually liked him.  but there was a problem.  my two friends that were in love with the same girl, they had been best friends forever.  literally.  so the friend that.  oh who cares.  the point is, it ed sh**t up.  and now The Group is no longer.  and I've tried to wink towards my past, but winking towards it doesn't work.  I've become obsessed with it.  and I want The Group back, but it's no longer.  I want the numbers to look a certain way.  but they don't.  sorry Inks.  it happens.  so don't mess with my entries and I won't mess with yours.  it's better that way.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:48:12 AM »

I still justify what I did with that poll.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:49:07 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2009, 12:52:20 AM by Hangin' by a thread as it is »

The poll isn't the point. That post was amazing. It was like Ebullition liner notes. It was like some narration in a very low budget film directed by some guy under 35 with three names like Jacob Aaron Estes or Matthew Ryan Hoge. It was the epitome of LiveJournal circa 2000.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:50:02 AM »

Considering Huckabee did win by like 9 or so, it you were right.

And in context, that post is totally Goldmine-worthy.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 12:53:32 AM »

Considering Huckabee did win by like 9 or so, it you were right.

And in context, that post is totally Goldmine-worthy.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread.

Uh, hardly unless you mean Goldmine-worthy in a good way. When I read it I was like "Holy fuck, if I ever get the money to direct a movie I should hire Tweed as a screenwriter!"
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 01:23:55 AM »

ok, Inks, I won't curse you out.  just don't do that anymore.  because you want the numbers to look a certain way.  we all do.  but hey, it doesn't work out like that.  let me tell you a story, Inks.  back in the summer I hung out with this group.  we called it, The Group.  we hung out from mid-afternoon everyday to past midnight.  but then this girl came in.  well, she was there anyway, but she ed sh**t up hardcore.  and one of my friends was in love with her, but it was painfully obviously he'd never get with her.  then another of my friends fell in love with her around August 10th.  and she actually liked him.  but there was a problem.  my two friends that were in love with the same girl, they had been best friends forever.  literally.  so the friend that.  oh who cares.  the point is, it ed sh**t up.  and now The Group is no longer.  and I've tried to wink towards my past, but winking towards it doesn't work.  I've become obsessed with it.  and I want The Group back, but it's no longer.  I want the numbers to look a certain way.  but they don't.  sorry Inks.  it happens.  so don't mess with my entries and I won't mess with yours.  it's better that way.

I reanimated it, because I can. And what is more "emo" than that? Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 08:46:08 AM »

The most emo-licious part of that post is Tweed adopting the WalterMitty philosophy of the Evils of the Shift Key.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:20:49 AM »

Ah yes, I remember this one. Seconded.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »

The most emo-licious part of that post is Tweed adopting the WalterMitty philosophy of the Evils of the Shift Key.

How did you know that was emo? It is though, like I said, see any LiveJournal circa 2000.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »

How did you know that was emo?

I don't know. It just seems like something emo people do. Capital letters are too mainstream for them.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »

...That post was amazing. It was like Ebullition liner notes. It was like some narration in a very low budget film directed by some guy under 35 with three names like Jacob Aaron Estes or Matthew Ryan Hoge. It was the epitome of LiveJournal circa 2000.

I agree - that was an amazing post.  I'm glad you made this thread to showcase it as I had missed it in my ordinary readings.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »

At first, I thought this was another wasted BRTD thread, but now I cant stop laughing.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »

I'm sure if Tweed were to show the members of "The Group" that post, they would re-form.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »

I'm sure if Tweed were to show the members of "The Group" that post, they would re-form.

That would kind of ruin the sheer emo-ness of the post though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies